Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : Reason for flight delay or cancellation - 2023 edition

Old Aug 15, 2023, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
See post 1 to understand the 3 and 4 letter codes.
Print Wikipost

FAQ : Reason for flight delay or cancellation - 2023 edition

Old Mar 21, 2023, 12:34 am
  #211  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,483
Originally Posted by Teece
If anyone is able to confirm this, it would be appreciated, thanks.
To late to confirm now but almost certainly will be due to industrial action. By all accounts you could still file a claim, just donít be surprised if it is rejected for that reason.
Sigwx is offline  
Old Mar 21, 2023, 9:59 am
  #212  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Lincoln, UK
Programs: A3G, BA Silver, LH FT
Posts: 300
Could someone please check for me BA1493 GLA-LHR on Sunday 19 March 2023? Thank you.
palcsaky is offline  
Old Mar 21, 2023, 10:26 am
  #213  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: LON
Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Posts: 3,407
Originally Posted by palcsaky
Could someone please check for me BA1493 GLA-LHR on Sunday 19 March 2023? Thank you.
There isn't much there, just FLT CANX, sorry.
DOBA1493/19MAR
* OPERATIONAL FLIGHT INFO * BA1493 -2 SU 19MAR23
CITY INFO HOUR (LOCAL)

FLIGHT CANCELLED 2252
FLT CANX
*1A PLANNED FLIGHT INFO* BA1493 -2 SU 19MAR23
APT ARR DY DEP DY CLASS/MEAL EQP GRND EFT TTL
GLA 1755 SU JCDRI/M YB/G 32N 1:25
HKMLVNOQSGX/G
LHR 1920 SU 1:25
COMMENTS-
1.GLA LHR - MEMBER OF ONEWORLD
2.GLA LHR - DEPARTS TERMINAL M
3.GLA LHR - ARRIVES TERMINAL 5
4.GLA LHR - 9/ NON-SMOKING
5.GLA LHR - ET/ ELECTRONIC TKT CANDIDATE
6.GLA LHR - DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPH TAKEN BY SECURITY ON DEPARTURE
7.GLA LHR - CO2/PAX* 77.26 KG ECO, 77.26 KG PRE
(*):SOURCE:ICAO CARBON EMISSIONS CALCULATOR
CONFIGURATION-
32N C 24 M 144
alex67500 is offline  
Old Mar 21, 2023, 10:31 am
  #214  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Lincoln, UK
Programs: A3G, BA Silver, LH FT
Posts: 300
Originally Posted by alex67500
There isn't much there, just FLT CANX, sorry.
Thank you, is there anything on the inbound flight BA1486?
palcsaky is offline  
Old Mar 21, 2023, 11:44 am
  #215  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: LON
Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Posts: 3,407
Originally Posted by palcsaky
Thank you, is there anything on the inbound flight BA1486?
No, same unhelpful FLT CANX.
alex67500 is offline  
Old Mar 24, 2023, 1:25 am
  #216  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 145
Would anyone be able to check reasons for these 2 cancellations?

BA 2742 18th Mar LGW > GVA
BA 0173 today (24 Mar) LHR > JFK

many thanks!
HSR1234 is offline  
Old Mar 24, 2023, 2:15 am
  #217  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,483
Originally Posted by HSR1234
Would anyone be able to check reasons for these 2 cancellations?

BA 2742 18th Mar LGW > GVA
BA 0173 today (24 Mar) LHR > JFK

many thanks!
LGW GVA - almost certainly due to French ATC industrial action. Your aircraft G-GATU was reallocated to head to GNB instead with the same departure time. Too late now to know for certain.

BA173 today is Canx due to aircraft damage. G-STBO sustained lightning strike damage on the 23rd operating SYD-SIN. It was able to operate SIN-LHR but is now being repaired at LHR. Lack of aircraft to cover 173. Canx code is DAMY.
Sigwx is offline  
Old Mar 24, 2023, 2:29 am
  #218  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 145
Originally Posted by Sigwx
LGW GVA - almost certainly due to French ATC industrial action. Your aircraft G-GATU was reallocated to head to GNB instead with the same departure time. Too late now to know for certain.

BA173 today is Canx due to aircraft damage. G-STBO sustained lightning strike damage on the 23rd operating SYD-SIN. It was able to operate SIN-LHR but is now being repaired at LHR. Lack of aircraft to cover 173. Canx code is DAMY.
Thanks for checking for me. No EU261 then!
HSR1234 is offline  
Old Mar 24, 2023, 2:33 am
  #219  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis PC
Posts: 267
Originally Posted by HSR1234
Thanks for checking for me. No EU261 then!
Probs not for the short haul, but the Y in DAMY means Yes for 261. And a lack of aircraft at BAís hub is clearly not an extraordinary circumstance
Sigwx likes this.
thomasd21 is offline  
Old Mar 24, 2023, 2:36 am
  #220  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,483
Originally Posted by HSR1234
Thanks for checking for me. No EU261 then!
For the GVA, likely itís not however you wonít know unless you do claim.

The JFK is in scope for 261. Lightning strikes are routine and common place and a lack of aircraft to cover is a BA problem.
Sigwx is offline  
Old Mar 24, 2023, 3:00 am
  #221  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 145
Thanks again, so worth submitting a claim for both. Glad I checked here!!!
HSR1234 is offline  
Old Mar 24, 2023, 9:24 am
  #222  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: London
Programs: BA Silver Card
Posts: 122
Could somebody please check the cancellation reason for ZRH > LHR today, BA707?

They've put me on the 06:45 tomorrow morning, but from where I am I cannot get to Zurich in time.
Can I book a Zurich airport hotel tonight and claim it back? If not, I guess I'll have to choose a later flight.

I checked GVA > LHR and the late flight seems to be full. I'm not even sure if they would rebook me, and right now the BA Gold Line is saying "Too busy, try again later" so I can't find out.

Many Thanks!
apacuk is offline  
Old Mar 24, 2023, 9:36 am
  #223  
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Programs: United GS, BAEC GGL, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 515
Hi, could someone confirm the reason for BA1492 being cancelled today Friday 24th March?

Was rebooked on 7.45am tomorrow automatically which was not an option at all so booked a one way from LCY and on the train now. Would EC261 cover the cost of that ticket?
Jpm81 is offline  
Old Mar 24, 2023, 10:25 am
  #224  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,483
Originally Posted by apacuk
Could somebody please check the cancellation reason for ZRH > LHR today, BA707?

They've put me on the 06:45 tomorrow morning, but from where I am I cannot get to Zurich in time.
Can I book a Zurich airport hotel tonight and claim it back? If not, I guess I'll have to choose a later flight.

I checked GVA > LHR and the late flight seems to be full. I'm not even sure if they would rebook me, and right now the BA Gold Line is saying "Too busy, try again later" so I can't find out.

Many Thanks!
The allocated code is OPEY, so yes the hotel if needed due to the unscheduled night in ZRH should be covered as well as cancelled flight compensation. The 743 has space out of GVA cíest soir so do try and call again.
Sigwx is offline  
Old Mar 24, 2023, 10:31 am
  #225  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,483
Originally Posted by Jpm81
Hi, could someone confirm the reason for BA1492 being cancelled today Friday 24th March?

Was rebooked on 7.45am tomorrow automatically which was not an option at all so booked a one way from LCY and on the train now. Would EC261 cover the cost of that ticket?
Also OPEY so in scope. If you are able to get through on the phone then see if they will one, transfer you to the LCY flight and two, refund the LCY you purchased as you are within the cooling off period. Not sure if thatís strictly correct, but the fact youíve called to try and find the option that benefits you over BAís suggestion is important for any subsequent claim Iíd have thought. If you donít get through that youíd clearly have booked the LCY sector in any case so do put it in the claim.
Jpm81 likes this.
Sigwx is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.