Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : Reason for flight delay or cancellation - 2023 edition

Old Aug 15, 2023, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
See post 1 to understand the 3 and 4 letter codes.
Print Wikipost

FAQ : Reason for flight delay or cancellation - 2023 edition

Old Mar 25, 2023, 6:31 am
  #271  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,483
Originally Posted by editionsofyou
today’s 839 dub-lhr 14:25 just cancelled with 4hours notice, scheduled aircraft has successfully completed lhr-gva-lhr this morning, only 25 minutes late. Anybody help with why this is please ?.

ba tried to shunt me to tomorrow late morning flight !

thx in advance

A lack of pilots is the cause. FCRY.
Sigwx is offline  
Old Mar 25, 2023, 7:06 am
  #272  
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Posts: 5,928
Just in Dublin waiting for the 1735, for which I paid £2.41 some months ago.

My FR outbound from LGW left and arrived slightly early, though I accept that having paid over twice as much for the ticket I would expect the better service.
bisonrav is offline  
Old Mar 25, 2023, 8:23 am
  #273  
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Posts: 2,131
Originally Posted by Sigwx
Industrial action, duty of care applies but not compensation.
Thanks very much for taking the time to check into this - much appreciated!

(As I'm sure your answers are for everyone who asks!)
FlightDetective is offline  
Old Mar 25, 2023, 9:33 am
  #274  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: SFO
Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Posts: 3,440
Identical separate reservations for my wife and me on BA 0822 LHR-CPH on March 9, 2023. Delay in arrival time 4 hours and 13 minutes. We filed for EU compensation and both received a "Your British Airways case reference" email on March 12, 2023.

But while I also received a "We're on the case" email on March 22, "Your claim for compensation" on March 23 and "Your Response from BA Customer Relations" on March 24, my wife has received no such emails. Earlier today she sent a case reference reminder update to BA.

I, and hopefully my wife too, will be receiving "£520 per customer”. Also, "I am pleased to advise you’re entitled to compensation for the delay to your flight, BA0822, on 09 March 2023. The distance of your disrupted journey was over 3,500km and this has been calculated in accordance with UK law. This means you’re entitled to 637.31 USD in compensation.”

That's a lot of fish and chips.
vanillabean is offline  
Old Mar 25, 2023, 9:42 am
  #275  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 655
Originally Posted by vanillabean
Identical separate reservations for my wife and me on BA 0822 LHR-CPH on March 9, 2023. Delay in arrival time 4 hours and 13 minutes. We filed for EU compensation and both received a "Your British Airways case reference" email on March 12, 2023.

But while I also received a "We're on the case" email on March 22, "Your claim for compensation" on March 23 and "Your Response from BA Customer Relations" on March 24, my wife has received no such emails. Earlier today she sent a case reference reminder update to BA.

I, and hopefully my wife too, will be receiving "£520 per customer”. Also, "I am pleased to advise you’re entitled to compensation for the delay to your flight, BA0822, on 09 March 2023. The distance of your disrupted journey was over 3,500km and this has been calculated in accordance with UK law. This means you’re entitled to 637.31 USD in compensation.”

That's a lot of fish and chips.
I’m guessing they got confused between Copenhagen and Cape Town??
polochick is offline  
Old Mar 25, 2023, 9:53 am
  #276  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: SFO
Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Posts: 3,440
Originally Posted by polochick
I’m guessing they got confused between Copenhagen and Cape Town??
Good point! Our reservations also included HND-LHR on JL, so I'm guessing that's why.
vanillabean is offline  
Old Mar 25, 2023, 10:06 am
  #277  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis PC
Posts: 267
Originally Posted by vanillabean
Good point! Our reservations also included HND-LHR on JL, so I'm guessing that's why.
So your entire routing was HND-LHR-CPH on one ticket?
thomasd21 is offline  
Old Mar 25, 2023, 10:16 am
  #278  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: SFO
Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Posts: 3,440
Originally Posted by thomasd21
So your entire routing was HND-LHR-CPH on one ticket?
That's correct, yes. Interesting that the EU compensation would include the first flight.
vanillabean is offline  
Old Mar 25, 2023, 10:19 am
  #279  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis PC
Posts: 267
Any view on why BA2694 is showing as ~7.5 hours delayed today?
Thank you!
*Edit: now cancelled. Flight date: 25 March 2023*

Last edited by thomasd21; Mar 25, 2023 at 10:42 am
thomasd21 is offline  
Old Mar 25, 2023, 11:17 am
  #280  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hampshire (LHR)
Programs: BA GOLD, Tufty Club, Virgin Silver, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, ICH Platinum Ambassador. MAS Gold
Posts: 446
Originally Posted by G-BPED [img]images/buttons/viewpost.gif[/img]
Good Morning everyone. Could someone please advise why BA465 MAD-LHR on March 11th was cancelled.

Very little information from Iberia agents in Madrid who said wait for BA rep to arrive. Rep was still not there by Midnight so took myself off to a local hotel and rebooked for the next day.





Originally Posted by G-BPED
Thanks KARFA. Is there any way to find out if it was ATC or a BA delay as BA issues would qualify for EU261?


i suspect this is either BA issues or the French ATC strike.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for bumping this up. Can anyone advise the reason for the cancellation of BA465 MAD-LHR on March 11th?
G-BPED is offline  
Old Mar 26, 2023, 1:56 am
  #281  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,483
Originally Posted by thomasd21
Any view on why BA2694 is showing as ~7.5 hours delayed today?
Thank you!
*Edit: now cancelled. Flight date: 25 March 2023*
Flight cancelled due to a tech aircraft. TECY is the code.
thomasd21 likes this.
Sigwx is offline  
Old Mar 26, 2023, 1:56 am
  #282  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,483
Originally Posted by G-BPED
Originally Posted by G-BPED [img]images/buttons/viewpost.gif[/img]
Good Morning everyone. Could someone please advise why BA465 MAD-LHR on March 11th was cancelled.

Very little information from Iberia agents in Madrid who said wait for BA rep to arrive. Rep was still not there by Midnight so took myself off to a local hotel and rebooked for the next day.









i suspect this is either BA issues or the French ATC strike.
Sorry for bumping this up. Can anyone advise the reason for the cancellation of BA465 MAD-LHR on March 11th?[/QUOTE]


Too late to know now.

EDIT: this document issued on the 10th by eurocontrol indicated that arrival regulations where to be in force in MAD due to the implementation of a new ATC arrivals management system. On top of that are details of expected French ATC industrial action issued for the day ahead (11th).

https://www.public.nm.eurocontrol.int/PUBPORTAL/gateway/spec/_res/20230311/20230311-193820.pdf?APPID=initial_network_plan

Last edited by Sigwx; Mar 26, 2023 at 3:16 am
Sigwx is offline  
Old Mar 26, 2023, 2:19 am
  #283  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: BHX
Posts: 40
Good morning,
Does anyone have any info on why today's BA 638 LHR ATH was cancelled please?

Regards
WHITMIMI is offline  
Old Mar 26, 2023, 2:21 am
  #284  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,483
Originally Posted by WHITMIMI
Good morning,
Does anyone have any info on why today's BA 638 LHR ATH was cancelled please?

Regards
Tech aircraft, no other aircraft to cover. TECY.
Sigwx is offline  
Old Mar 26, 2023, 2:26 am
  #285  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: BHX
Posts: 40
Thanks very much Sigwx!

Regards
WHITMIMI is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.