Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2024, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
For the latest updates and discussion related to the champagnes on offer, please visit the sister thread linked below
JFK Chelsea Lounge | la mise à jour du champagne
Print Wikipost

British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2023, 1:57 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Good news - The Concorde Room is coming back!

Genuinely. As a OneWorld lounge.

To be used by Aer Lingus when they move from T5 to T7.

M
JFK-MAN-LHR might become popular.
msm2000uk likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 1:59 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer1
Just in the Chelsea lounge, and what a surprise, have just been offered a glass of Krug According to the staff it arrived today and replaces the LPGS. First batch since December according to them. Don’t know how long it lasts, but at least I have seen one other bottle.

The selection currently available is:

- Krug
- Moet Ice
- LP Rose
- a US based sparkling wine

EDIT: and it seems the LPGS is still available, one other bottle has been found.
Good to meet you! Have a safe flight to the West Coast.

M

Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
I was wondering how is the water temp in the showers? Did they at least get this right amongst all this other stuff they bombed on?

Hot water is so important to me. The old FL was a joke and never got hot. In fact of the 4 FL's I used (never been to ORD) only LAX was able to actually get hot. Its such an easy fix, just turn up the max temp allowance so those who want a hot shower can have it.
The showers are still showing as Out of Order so cannot comment.

M
Old Jan 27, 2023, 2:12 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
And a new downgrade today:

You can also take advantage of our exclusive Chelsea lounge at New York JFK Terminal 8 when you fly with British Airways or American Airlines on a scheduled long haul flight.

So CK get more access than GGL members. Off goes another email ,...
Old Jan 27, 2023, 2:16 pm

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Good to meet you! Have a safe flight to the West Coast.

M
The pleasure was all mine! Many thanks, have a safe flight as well!!

The showers are still showing as Out of Order so cannot comment.

M
Two of the three showers are working (one to the left when you’re walking to the restroom area as well as the disabled shower). I quickly took one after arriving from LHR and water took some time to really get warm. But in the end it worked well, water pressure on rainshower was mediocre IMHO, but can also be a water saving issue

What I thought is really lacking is a place/option to hang your clothes!?
Old Jan 27, 2023, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer1
The pleasure was all mine! Many thanks, have a safe flight as well!!

Two of the three showers are working (one to the left when you’re walking to the restroom area as well as the disabled shower). I quickly took one after arriving from LHR and water took some time to really get warm. But in the end it worked well, water pressure on rainshower was mediocre IMHO, but can also be a water saving issue

What I thought is really lacking is a place/option to hang your clothes!?
Only 3 total showers in the whole lounge? I guess one could go to Soho if showers were full?

You said warm, does that mean it never go really hot hot?? I think I may just shower at TWA gym rather than take the risk of being disappointed. I mean I would assume they have the max temp set at whatever joke of a temp it is/was set at over at the old FL/Greenwich.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 3:57 pm
Suspended

M
That's like finding a former Victoria's Secret beauty in a window in Amsterdam.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 5:32 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Pleased to report there is still a bit of Krug left tonight. I had to proactively ask for it, though. Was initially given the menu and told to choose from that. Apparently also a bit of LPGS left. Shower still out of order, it has had that sign on the door on every single one of my visits.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 6:16 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
There is a very friendly American lady who works for BA who got negative feedback from a Brit who appeared to be a VIP or something. Sounded like he said he wanted to complain further about this lounge to other contacts of his at BA. She told me to look out for her and she generally lets GGL in. She knows the AA folks don't. Apparently, it's "an ongoing discussion". Sounds like "officially", GGL were never meant to be let in on regular domestic routes (so the website was "wrong"), but should be let in on long-haul and transcontinental (so the website is wrong now as well, since it only says long-haul). Still very much a YMMV situation. Looks like the BA folks are usually in from about 3 pm.

Anyway, bored of the menu here, so will head over to Soho in a moment and check out the buffet.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by Football Fan
Pleased to report there is still a bit of Krug left tonight. I had to proactively ask for it, though. Was initially given the menu and told to choose from that. Apparently also a bit of LPGS left. Shower still out of order, it has had that sign on the door on every single one of my visits.
Did it seem as though the current bottle of Krug & LPGS are it and then back to the lower grade stuff? This is so wrong that I have to just hope they have the champagne they advertise as having.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Did it seem as though the current bottle of Krug & LPGS are it and then back to the lower grade stuff? This is so wrong that I have to just hope they have the champagne they advertise as having.
I got the last bit of one bottle and have had a few glasses since then, as have a few other people. I think they opened at least one or two bottles since I got here.

An American lady opted for Moet on ice cubes instead.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by Football Fan
I got the last bit of one bottle and have had a few glasses since then, as have a few other people. I think they opened at least one or two bottles since I got here.

An American lady opted for Moet on ice cubes instead.
Okay thats funny. I remember at FFD MIA once a lady asked if they had Proseco while declining the LPGS lol
CappuccinoAddict likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2023, 4:13 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
I was rummaging re guest access on ba.com as GGL.

Given the well reported issues of confusion on basic GGL access for domestics, you might have thought they would proof read the www site access rules:
You can also take advantage of our exclusive Chelsea lounge at New York JFK Terminal 8 when you fly with British Airways or American Airlines on a scheduled long haul flight.

Likewise, a guest may join you when you’re flying with either airline, or two guests when flying in First with British Airways or American Airways. (Passengers flying with other oneworld airlines are unable to access this lounge but can enjoy our other two lounges).
(My bolding)
Football Fan likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2023, 7:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat

M
Ummm, when did Aer Lingus become a OneWorld member?

Regards
RichieMc likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2023, 7:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by jjLDNY
I have been responding to both the devaluation of GGL at JFK as well as the drop in lounge quality so this may have blurred the lines. Ultimately, as a primarily JFK <> LHR flyer (and sometimes other places in NA) I no longer get to access the CCR or the FFD which were superior lounges for my internationals flights, or the rare occasion I fly AS to NA.<snip>
The reason that you no longer have access to the CCR or the FFD @ JFK is because, they... wait for it... no longer exist. It is what it is. This is a reality, that at some point, you'll either have to make peace with or, like most consumers in a free market environment, move your business to the product/service that best meets your standards

Regards
Markie, ijgordon, AdBoy and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 28, 2023, 3:04 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by scubadu
The reason that you no longer have access to the CCR or the FFD @ JFK is because, they... wait for it... no longer exist. It is what it is. This is a reality, that at some point, you'll either have to make peace with or, like most consumers in a free market environment, move your business to the product/service that best meets your standards

Regards
This is a very odd response - you sound like my therapist.

I am not trying to move past a romance that I thought was the one. I am aware that those lounges have gone and are not coming back.

Unlike a past love, this is a business that has reduced the value of something that its loyal customers found valuable - this is not good for the business. To that end, are most people here going to likely be tempted to fly a different airline or terminal? Probably yes. Myself included. What we are doing here is having a discussion and highlighting the thoughts we all have. Many of us as a result may choose to send feedback in which summarises all of these thoughts. Others who haven’t used the lounge may choose to change their flight plans or experience it themselves to see if they agree.

You seem against the active discussion that is happening on a forum to discuss the topic named in the title. Are we all flogging a dead horse? No because many of us have visited the lounge in the recent weeks and are providing continued updates and feedback in hopes that it has improved. Please see the Concorde room thread that has been active for many more years with people sharing their positive, but usually negative opinions on the food as it has declined.

Regards,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.