Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

JFK Chelsea Lounge | la mise à jour du champagne

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2023, 9:29 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

This thread is dedicated to our oenophiles who diligently share their updates on the champagnes on offer in the JFK Chelsea lounge.

Last edited by Prospero; Jan 5, 2024 at 11:37 am
Old Jan 4, 2024, 11:52 am

In Chelsea now.. Incredible service.. Choice of Dom, Krug or Cristal champers and really great food.. What a difference a couple of months can make!!
Old Jan 4, 2024, 12:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA LTG MM
Originally Posted by RTW4
In Chelsea now.. Incredible service.. Choice of Dom, Krug or Cristal champers and really great food.. What a difference a couple of months can make!!
What a difference a few days make. I was there on 1 January. No Krug, Dom, Dom Rosé or Cristal. One glass of LPGS and then that ran out. The only "premium" offering was LP Rosé, which isn't much different in price from their regular cooking champagnes.
Howard Long likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 12:42 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Was I unlucky, or did they just not like the cut of my jib?

The bar was serving Moet when I turned up. I managed to persuade them that I would rather drink Mountain Dew and they came up with a bottle of Ruinart. Laurent Perrier Rosé was also on offer.

All fine, but I was rather hoping for something for interesting to kick off the new year.
Swanhunter likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 11:17 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Was I unlucky, or did they just not like the cut of my jib?

The bar was serving Moet when I turned up. I managed to persuade them that I would rather drink Mountain Dew and they came up with a bottle of Ruinart. Laurent Perrier Rosé was also on offer.

All fine, but I was rather hoping for something for interesting to kick off the new year.
The special (guest?? I can't remember what they call it) list isn't itemised on the menu, so I think the bar staff usually just assume you don't know what's on offer. I've had the list read to me which missed both Krug and LPGS, so I usually directly ask for a specific champagne. I also remind them that there is usually supplies in the back.

So basically, I guess it depends, but asking for a specific champagne usually gets results.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 12:28 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Champagnes on 28 Dec

Krug was my favourite!

aks120
Old Jan 7, 2024, 12:38 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by c1223
The special (guest?? I can't remember what they call it) list isn't itemised on the menu, so I think the bar staff usually just assume you don't know what's on offer. I've had the list read to me which missed both Krug and LPGS, so I usually directly ask for a specific champagne. I also remind them that there is usually supplies in the back.

So basically, I guess it depends, but asking for a specific champagne usually gets results.
I did try a surprised "Did you not have anything more interesting on offer today?" to which the answer was a firm no.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 2:07 am

Programs: BA Silver. London Cycling Campaign. TfL Oyster
Oh that carefree posture of punter behind Dom looks very classic Chelsea lounge. Or, what I can only imagine to be.
makin'miles likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 11:01 pm

Question - do you have to sit at the bar to get the premium champagnes or can you order it from anywhere in the lounge?
Old Jan 7, 2024, 11:26 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by zzzzzz01
Question - do you have to sit at the bar to get the premium champagnes or can you order it from anywhere in the lounge?
Anywhere in the lounge (well maybe not the showers). Just ask one of the servers.
zzzzzz01 and AAL2887 like this.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by c1223
Anywhere in the lounge (well maybe not the showers). Just ask one of the servers.
Challenge accepted
Old Jan 16, 2024, 6:26 am

Programs: BA G CX S AS G DL PM
Seems like only LPGS Brut and Rose at least for today. 6 am - 9 am Jan 16.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 10:16 am

Arrived here early for BA 112 to LHR.. Without prompting was offered choice of KRUG, CRYSTAL, or DOM.. Lounge is empty
cfischer and Gastrocnemius like this.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 10:20 am

Programs: BA
1st world problem of course, but I wish there was more consistency here. Only had LPGS last time I was there. I did ask at the bar for options but that was it.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 3:21 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, United Premier Silver; Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Sat DEC 20 AM - LPGS, Moet, etc, etc, etc, Krug. Cristal for the 2nd glass on request.

Sun DEC 21 PM - LPGS, Moet, etc, etc, etc, Dom. Nothing else on tap after a request.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.