Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

JFK Chelsea Lounge | la mise à jour du champagne

JFK Chelsea Lounge | la mise à jour du champagne

Old Apr 1, 2024, 10:26 am

Programs: BA GGL
No clue how true this is, but one of the staff last night told me that because of the issues with the “secret” champagne list that many of us have noted, they’re now rotating the special champagne on a weekly basis. I guess we can start tracking to see what’s available and whether that is true.

So to start:

25 Mar - 31 Mar: LPGS (which was great for me given its removal from CCR and onboard).
seanp7 and EuropeanPete like this.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 10:45 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
I went to Chelsey 3 weeks ago, and I asked for an Aperol Spritz. They made it with what I think was Ruinart. The result wasn't good at all...
The time when they used the Moet (December 23) was way better...
Old Apr 1, 2024, 2:58 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by c1223
No clue how true this is, but one of the staff last night told me that because of the issues with the “secret” champagne list that many of us have noted, they’re now rotating the special champagne on a weekly basis. I guess we can start tracking to see what’s available and whether that is true.

So to start:

25 Mar - 31 Mar: LPGS (which was great for me given its removal from CCR and onboard).
still LPGS on 1st April (it’s nearly 5pm so not an April fool)

Was offered as the “signature champagne” when I was ordering food - I did clarify which champagne it was (very nice indeed!)

(my personal weakness is Bollinger Grand Annee when I’m paying)
David_Doyle and SeaHawg like this.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 4:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Today they have LPGS (available to anyone who asks - I think it’s the ‘standard’ premium champagne this month again) AND Krug.
The staff at the bar and servers are genuinely excited to have Krug as it’s not normally available.
The big boss of the Chelsea Lounge is also in, greeting everyone. We had a nice chat with him, reflecting on the positives snd negatives of each lounge after we returned from Soho.
Not sure if the uber-premium wines came out especially for that reason….
Old Apr 3, 2024, 5:19 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
For UK people who like Bollinger La Grande Année, the wine society has the 2015 at a tad over £90 a bottle this week.
lorcancoyle likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 3:31 pm

Programs: Blinged Out
Thurs 4/11- Krug Grand Cuvee Brut was freely flowing. I was not complaining ha!

Sadly, there was no LPGS.

Dan, the manager, was on-point, and the service was just tremendous.

Crab cakes- highly recommend.

Edit: AA F Champagne JFK-FCO was also better than previous reports would have suggested. De Venoge Brut Millesime 2018 is a slightly better than expected bottle and it was on the flagship F menu as well.
seanp7, klaus79856 and econ like this.

Last edited by SeaHawg; Apr 12, 2024 at 3:34 am
Old Apr 12, 2024, 3:56 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Krug flowing today as well (you have to ask) and crab cakes available (last few times I’ve been in they were out) so trying them.

Highlight though (apologies off topic but I’m sure many here do this) was flying Blade from Manhattan to JFK. About 5 mins. My first trip. A bit choppy (intentional pun) but beats the insane traffic. Will be doing this again.

Old Apr 12, 2024, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by UrbanLegend
Highlight though (apologies off topic but I’m sure many here do this) was flying Blade from Manhattan to JFK. About 5 mins. My first trip. A bit choppy (intentional pun) but beats the insane traffic. Will be doing this again.
Blade is awesome. Gets a bit expensive if you’re traveling with heavy luggage, but if not… perfect.
UrbanLegend likes this.

Last edited by makin'miles; Apr 12, 2024 at 7:01 pm Reason: Remove quoted photos
Old Apr 13, 2024, 4:59 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Krug again today. And the charming waitress I've chatted with on each of my visit did say it was Krug "this week". Wonder what it'll be for my next visit in a month.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 5:03 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
Krug again today. And the charming waitress I've chatted with on each of my visit did say it was Krug "this week". Wonder what it'll be for my next visit in a month.
It was DP on Tuesday but perhaps she means the week ahead?
Old Apr 13, 2024, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by TabTraveller
It was DP on Tuesday but perhaps she means the week ahead?
Krug for those travelling on Thursday night!
Old Apr 14, 2024, 12:07 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
It was Dom vintage 2013 on Monday night. Would’ve preferred Krug but hey it’s still not a bad drop.

Extremely attentive service and filled glasses were brought proactively even when we were trying to move onto something else

The crab cakes were great though, the mushroom risotto was also noteworthy (and substantial!)
alex67500 and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Krug is flowing Monday afternoon. Mushroom tart is sketchy, but the shortrib is tasty.
private_md likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2024, 8:29 am

Programs: Mucci, Untappd 8000+
Good news

Although I am inadvertently depleting the supplies, there should be enough Cristal for the remainder of the week for all of us.
My bartender found one bottle of our loveliest of Cs in, well, I am probably not at liberty to tell, even if I knew.
Kudos to her.
Spoiler

Old Apr 24, 2024, 11:29 am

Last night (Apr 23), they were serving Cristal. I asked about the program and they said they rotate weekly and usually offer one of: Krug, LPGS, Cristal, and (I believe the 4th was) Dom. I agree that Daniel the manager was on point and really made me feel welcome. Carol, one of the servers, recognized me from Flagship First Dining where she used to work.

Despite the lounge being very full (perhaps 50+ people the entire time I was there), it still felt relaxing and luxurious.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.