Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

JFK Chelsea Lounge | la mise jour du champagne

JFK Chelsea Lounge | la mise jour du champagne

Old Mar 1, 2024, 2:34 am
  #46  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: London, UK
Posts: 266
I was in the lounge last weekend and got the Krug with generous top-ups. They had to fetch it in the stock but poured a Ros in the meantime. Really friendly service throughout.
mrpacifist is offline  
Old Mar 14, 2024, 2:34 pm
  #47  
S.R
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: New York
Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 1,189
Was in Chelsea today from 3-4pm.
Asked for Krug but only LPGS available. Was told Cristal will be available later this evening as they just got approval but it needs to be chilled.
No Dom available either, it seems. Great service by N at the bar.
Will be back next Friday evening for longer, hopefully some Krug or Cristal will be available!

Saw the manager bring over more bottles of LPGS and overheard the conversation between bartender and him. Seemingly legit that they are waiting to hear from someone above which premium champagne will be brought out after the LPGS. I was told of Cristal after this conversation. Who knows if true or just a show in front of the guests, and however much I love Krug, LPGS is not a bad 2nd. Sure beats what Im having as a pre departure beverage on my AA JFK-LAX right now 😂
nldogbert and Gastrocnemius like this.
S.R is offline  
Old Mar 14, 2024, 3:29 pm
  #48  
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 4,390
Originally Posted by S.R
Was in Chelsea today from 3-4pm.
Asked for Krug but only LPGS available. Was told Cristal will be available later this evening as they just got approval but it needs to be chilled.
No Dom available either, it seems. Great service by N at the bar.
Will be back next Friday evening for longer, hopefully some Krug or Cristal will be available!

Saw the manager bring over more bottles of LPGS and overheard the conversation between bartender and him. Seemingly legit that they are waiting to hear from someone above which premium champagne will be brought out after the LPGS. I was told of Cristal after this conversation. Who knows if true or just a show in front of the guests, and however much I love Krug, LPGS is not a bad 2nd. Sure beats what Im having as a pre departure beverage on my AA JFK-LAX right now 😂
I can confirm this, that only LPGS (and Ruinart) the only available champagne yesterday evening and this morning as OP.
But ths information about "upper management" needing to approve champagnes is out of this world... maybe only in the US trying to be cheap yet wanting to be exclusive and yet money pinching....

But OTOH, I find that this new lounge, there's way too much politics playing among the staff, which should not be the case. Every time you have the discussion about champagne availability with the staff, you get so many gossips/rumours about the reason why....no wonder at times morality of the staff is low.

Cheers!
EuropeanPete likes this.
nldogbert is online now  
Old Mar 18, 2024, 2:53 pm
  #49  
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Agoura Hills, CA USA
Posts: 2,664
In Chelsea. .. DOM VIntage 2013 flowing freely.. Great champers today.. Other choice is Ruinart, but the DOM is sensational
seanp7, EuropeanPete and alex67500 like this.
RTW4 is offline  
Old Mar 20, 2024, 5:35 pm
  #50  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 397
Has something changed?! Krug readily available and proactively offered today. Was afraid when someone finished the bottle but two more appeared. Some default, symbolic pouring of the "imperial" still going on. But very little games being played tonight. Great to see!
clearedforlanding is offline  
Old Mar 22, 2024, 6:29 pm
  #51  
S.R
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: New York
Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 1,189
Back in Chelsea from about 6:30-7:30pm today.
Krug readily available at first, Had 3 glasses (wine glasses as they seemed to run out of champagne flutes) and then was told no more Krug available and was given LPGS instead
Asked if any Cristal or Dom available and told no. Many people seemed to only be having the Ruinart BdB.

On another note, on the BA 176 right now, not a huge fan of the Vueve La Grande Dame. LPGS is much better
Singapore_Air, seanp7 and SeaHawg like this.
S.R is offline  
Old Mar 28, 2024, 2:52 am
  #52  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NYC, FLL
Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Posts: 6,477
No Krug, Dom, Cristal last night - just LPGS.
seanp7 is offline  
Old Mar 29, 2024, 10:07 am
  #53  
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: LIT
Programs: Blinged Out
Posts: 718
Originally Posted by seanp7
No Krug, Dom, Cristal last night - just LPGS.
Was it the 26? Excited to try that.
SeaHawg is offline  
Old Mar 29, 2024, 10:59 am
  #54  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NYC, FLL
Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Posts: 6,477
Originally Posted by SeaHawg
Was it the 26? Excited to try that.
27 Mar.

Staff were apologetic; like someone wasnt letting them serve it. \_(ツ)_/
seanp7 is offline  
Old Mar 29, 2024, 11:22 am
  #55  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Esso garage by the southern runway
Programs: BA Blue, A12 Cars Gold, Harmonicande Vintners Platinum!
Posts: 244
Originally Posted by seanp7
27 Mar.

Staff were apologetic; like someone wasnt letting them serve it. \_(ツ)_/
I think SeaHawg was asking which iteration of LPGS it was.
seanp7, ryanbriar, greg5 and 2 others like this.
rtaylore is offline  
Old Mar 29, 2024, 2:49 pm
  #56  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NYC, FLL
Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Posts: 6,477
Originally Posted by rtaylore
I think SeaHawg was asking which iteration of LPGS it was.
I didnt see, apologies.
seanp7 is offline  
Old Mar 29, 2024, 3:38 pm
  #57  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Posts: 3,256
Originally Posted by nldogbert
no wonder at times morality of the staff is low!
This gave me a much-needed laugh. I know it's not what you meant, but it did conjure up some interesting images
Parterre likes this.
Geordie405 is offline  
Old Mar 29, 2024, 8:50 pm
  #58  
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: LIT
Programs: Blinged Out
Posts: 718
Originally Posted by rtaylore
I think SeaHawg was asking which iteration of LPGS it was.

Correct. From what Ive read from the snobs, 26 appears to be quite the pour. Will be excited to try it when there in a few weeks.
SeaHawg is offline  
Old Mar 30, 2024, 1:40 am
  #59  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Esso garage by the southern runway
Programs: BA Blue, A12 Cars Gold, Harmonicande Vintners Platinum!
Posts: 244
Originally Posted by SeaHawg
Correct. From what Ive read from the snobs, 26 appears to be quite the pour. Will be excited to try it when there in a few weeks.
I was fortunate enough to attend an LP tasting in London last month. The 26 was indeed a cracker. However the 23 in a magnum was a real star...if you ever find one, grab it.
SeaHawg likes this.
rtaylore is offline  
Old Mar 30, 2024, 1:50 am
  #60  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Devon, UK
Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
Posts: 1,054
Originally Posted by rtaylore
I was fortunate enough to attend an LP tasting in London last month. The 26 was indeed a cracker. However the 23 in a magnum was a real star...if you ever find one, grab it.
Googled it and wondered why I kept getting Local Government Pension Scheme.....Doh!
davidcamp6 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.