Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2024, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
For the latest updates and discussion related to the champagnes on offer, please visit the sister thread linked below
JFK Chelsea Lounge | la mise à jour du champagne
Print Wikipost

British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2022, 5:01 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL
Had a lovely chat with Michael who was the only BA person on site, took my feedback, sounds like we're all saying the same thing...
ryanbriar likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 5:02 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Feels like several of the staff have had no training at all, whereas others seem to have experience. Everyone's friendly though.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Football Fan
Live reporting: They do have some Grand Siècle at the bar which is not on the menu. I guess it will have to do.
how about food? What do they have/not have? Champagne is a great thing but my main use of the ccr was always to have a full meal on the ground to maximise sleep onboard those very short flights. I’m next on the 23.15 this coming week where it’s all the more important, and if they run out of food by the time I arrive and I’m told I can have a burger or downgrade to Soho for buffet food, I’m afraid I won’t be a happy bunny…
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 5:15 pm

Just as basic point BA + AA would both have hard data for general passenger flow and consumption throughout the day. Ok there will be some opening use but the combined usage by CK+GGL,+F won't be radically different. There should be no excuse for running out of food and wam fizz

Secondly I remember on the BA documentary the station manager at T7. Does he or someone of his ilk still work at JFK. I can't imagine someone of that calibre standing for such poor service.

Should I ever get to experience F from JFK I would expect it to be seamless. Even moreso that LHR given the time of day you fly.
orbitmic, Arsey00 and noFODplease like this.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 5:19 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres

The champagne list is from some other site, but that's what I was shown as well.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 5:22 pm

I doubt they can carry Krug in the longer run anyway. It's by far my favourite. They used to have it at the QR lounges in Doha, but now they don't even have it in their most exclusive one there.

Just gotta stock more at home (for special occasions), I guess.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingGames
Currently being served by the lady working 18 hours and honestly she's doing such a great job in all the chaos!

On a plus note, no issue with getting in with my GGL card on a AA TransCon Business
Who is the poor lady working 18 hours, can you describe her?

I don't normally tip in lounges, but in this case, I would.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 5:39 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Amb, Hyatt Glob
Further update!

I have just arrived on my 'scenic' domestic (non-flagship) route and swiftly entered the Chelsea on arrival. So, Chelsea on domestic arrivals it is!

There is a new menu now, on thinner paper. I assume they have run out of everything else.

Who is the poor lady working 18 hours, can you describe her?

I don't normally tip in lounges, but in this case, I would.
I'm at the bar on my laptop, will point them out.
Football Fan likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 5:43 pm

They must have some hidden stock of Krug somewhere ...how to get them to grab a bottle for us.

Somehow, I think both guys at the bar and the guy looking at the bar (me) are all Flyertalkers .
Arsey00 likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 5:47 pm

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Hang on a minute, so steak frites and sole meunière have been officially replaced by pathetic burger and fish and fish the moment bloggers turned their backs and left? Is that a joke?!

i hope influential bloggers and travel news outlets won’t let Ba and aa get away with the mascarade and urgently update their articles to expose this pathetic surreptitious downgrade!
Old Dec 3, 2022, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Hang on a minute, so steak frites and sole meunière have been officially replaced by pathetic burger and fish and fish the moment bloggers turned their backs and left? Is that a joke?!

i hope influential bloggers and travel news outlets won’t let Ba and aa get away with the mascarade and urgently update their articles to expose this pathetic surreptitious downgrade!
I ordered an Impossible Burger. Let's see if it gets here within the hour.

We shouldn't take out any frustration on staff. The lady seemed seriously overworked, but was still friendly.

Edit: Burger already here!
Old Dec 3, 2022, 6:08 pm

There's a group of BA folks in the lounge now who came over from London to have a look at the lounge. Very friendly. Like a tourist group. Had a quick chat with one of them. He said they cannot promise to always have Krug, but they will always have "some Premium champagne". Apparently really difficult to source enough Krug in the state of New York!
Old Dec 3, 2022, 6:10 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If you see a BA lounge agent (so don't bother if it's only AA, which is what I would expect at this time of day) could you say "I'm GGL and I'm planning on flying on BA to London in a few weeks in First. How many guests would I be allowed in Chelsea?".
As above, group of BA and AA walking around. I spoke with the BA gentleman who gives the tour in the video by Business Traveller. The answer is 2.

And yes, hidden stash of LPGS.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 6:10 pm

I did bring up the topic of some staff being overworked to him. He said the people who work extra hours "volunteered to work overtime". He also said that some people who were there in the morning were sent back because it's always really quiet in the morning, and have been asked to shift their hours to the evening instead.

What are LPGS?

Very nice to meet you, jjLDNY !

Eavesdropping on two finance guys talking about stuff at the bar now. Will head over to the Soho Lounge now.
jjLDNY likes this.

Last edited by Prospero; Dec 20, 2022 at 1:10 pm Reason: combine consecutive posts
Old Dec 3, 2022, 6:28 pm

There's a group of BA folks in the lounge now who came over from London to have a look at the lounge. Very friendly. Like a tourist group. Had a quick chat with one of them. He said they cannot promise to always have Krug, but they will always have "some Premium champagne". Apparently really difficult to source enough Krug in the state of New York!
Is it really hard to source steak in NY too? And I fully agree about not taking in this on staff, but I think complaining is important. This is simply not up to standards. One doesn't fly F to be limited to a choice of burger or fish and chips pre-flight. This is absolutely not the waiting staff fault, but it is equally absolutely notl acceptable from BA and AA either.
jjLDNY likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.