Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Old Jan 5, 2024, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
For the latest updates and discussion related to the champagnes on offer, please visit the sister thread linked below
JFK Chelsea Lounge | la mise jour du champagne
Print Wikipost

British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Old Dec 10, 2022, 4:14 am

Programs: Usual Amex Cent. GGL.
Originally Posted by Silly19

The latest menu for the Chelsea Lounge. No Krug but was offered LPGS which was a nice touch. Good to see theyve added a wine & beer menu as that seemed to be missing last week. For food, I felt inspired by Fernandez & Wells and they created a black pudding sandwich for me.
Sad times when American locations have better beer choices than English does anybody consciously choose to drink Heineken?
Old Dec 10, 2022, 9:02 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Holy crAAp.
Old Dec 10, 2022, 10:08 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Amb, Hyatt Glob

The latest menu for the Chelsea Lounge. No Krug but was offered LPGS which was a nice touch. Good to see they’ve added a wine & beer menu as that seemed to be missing last week. For food, I felt inspired by Fernandez & Wells and they created a black pudding sandwich for me.
I'm so confused, who managed this operation?

Why would they announce Krug, not have enough for even the first day and then move to 'rotating premium selection' after a week.

It just doesn't make any sense for it to be such an utter failure after such a short time-frame (interior design and layout aside). F&B is something you plan ahead for with a x month runway. Did we expect them to maintain Krug after 6 months? Probably not, but after a week makes them look ridiculous and demonstrates that everything about this lounge was a failure.

I will be back again next week, and will voice my concerns and write up an email to share the disappointment unless there have been miraculous changes. I suggest we all will have to do the same as F&B was the only thing that could save it.
Old Dec 10, 2022, 10:24 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by jjLDNY
I'm so confused, who managed this operation?

Why would they announce Krug, not have enough for even the first day and then move to 'rotating premium selection' after a week.

It just doesn't make any sense for it to be such an utter failure after such a short time-frame (interior design and layout aside). F&B is something you plan ahead for with a x month runway. Did we expect them to maintain Krug after 6 months? Probably not, but after a week makes them look ridiculous and demonstrates that everything about this lounge was a failure.

I will be back again next week, and will voice my concerns and write up an email to share the disappointment unless there have been miraculous changes. I suggest we all will have to do the same as F&B was the only thing that could save it.
Shared sentiments, I will be flying to NY in February and was looking forward to experiencing the Chelsea Lounge on the way home. Some very poor planning judging by the feedback, and this is impacting on their premium customers 🤷🏻‍♂️
Old Dec 10, 2022, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Holy crAAp.
It's odd though, because Flagship First Dining was (and is where still present) generally well regarded - or at least nowhere near as terrible as this.
Markie, ryanbriar and crazy8534 like this.
Old Dec 10, 2022, 10:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Genius1
It's odd though, because Flagship First Dining was (and is where still present) generally well regarded - or at least nowhere near as terrible as this.
Agreed. Visited many times, and it was excellent 80+% of the time. I don't know how this happened.
Genius1 likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2022, 10:55 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Avis Preferred
thats what baffles me. both BA and AA ran quite solid lounges and suddenly on a new day its like they never had one before! a lot of these things are so basic i cannot see how its possible to run out of everything in a week. they both know how many pax came thru the respective lounges before and i never experienced any shortages before, but its like someone forgot to carry the 2 somewhere in the math.
Old Dec 10, 2022, 11:15 am
Suspended

It's like they put someone in charge as their first project. They literally knew the precise number of people that would be using the lounge. Were the people involved with AA FFD and/or BA CCR involved at all??? Did Sodexo cater those locations? I'm pretty sure they did FFD.

Not to mention the ridiculous lighting and bad setup.
Genius1 likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2022, 11:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by VSLover
thats what baffles me. both BA and AA ran quite solid lounges and suddenly on a new day its like they never had one before! a lot of these things are so basic i cannot see how its possible to run out of everything in a week. they both know how many pax came thru the respective lounges before and i never experienced any shortages before, but its like someone forgot to carry the 2 somewhere in the math.
AA ran out of Krug, or whatever, a number of times in FFD and that's with only a few people in there at any time (usually).

BA have issues in the CCR at LHR with various items, so they're not perfect when it comes to running lounges.

Seems they catered for the media / bloggers and then ran out of things, or were there issues then as well?

Is the AA Flagship lounge still there? Confused as to whether it's been renamed to whatever or it's in addition to the new lounges.
Who's going to be using the existing BA lounges in T7 in the meantime? Are Iberia and Alaska staying there, or are they moving?
Old Dec 10, 2022, 11:33 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Flagship is now rebranded, so no longer.
Old Dec 10, 2022, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
Flagship is now rebranded, so no longer.
Indeed, its now the Greenwich lounge. Same space and same decor, and in time the old Flagship First Dining and Admirals Club areas will be joined up into one lounge space to be part of the Greenwich lounge.
Old Dec 10, 2022, 9:08 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by xenole
Are Iberia and Alaska staying there, or are they moving?
Iberia is moving to T8.
The IB website info are incorrect enough when it comes to which lounges are available.
Old Dec 10, 2022, 9:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
The latest menu for the Chelsea Lounge. No Krug but was offered LPGS which was a nice touch. Good to see they’ve added a wine & beer menu as that seemed to be missing last week. For food, I felt inspired by Fernandez & Wells and they created a black pudding sandwich for me.
That sandwich looks lovely 😍

Don't think they have enough Mot on the menu 😂

The Roderer might be passable in a pinch.
Old Dec 10, 2022, 9:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Lefly
Iberia is moving to T8.
The IB website info are incorrect enough when it comes to which lounges are available.
LoL their lounge info is wrong even for the old lounges!
Old Dec 11, 2022, 12:59 am

Programs: CX-DM, BA-GGL, Marriott-TI, HHonors-DM
I've been reading posts with interest as I plan to visit in the new year.

When I found out that the operator will be Sodexo, I was expecting it to be bad - at least on catering. As CX-DM, I've gone thought Sodexo changes twice in 2018 (First lounges at HKG and LHR) and both were very bad experiences. Check out the comments below:
Starting around post #98 here for HKG and here for LHR.
Catering will eventually improve and staff will get better, but it will take months.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.