Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2024, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
For the latest updates and discussion related to the champagnes on offer, please visit the sister thread linked below
JFK Chelsea Lounge | la mise ŕ jour du champagne
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2022, 5:33 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer

Today, Thursday 1 December 2022, sees the opening of the new BA and AA Chelsea Lounge in John F Kennedy Airport, New York, Terminal 8. This continues on from the Concorde Room in Terminal 7, which has now closed.

Location: Terminal 8 JFK. It is airside, in the main terminal building, confusingly known as Concourse B, with the satellite terminal being Concourse C. The location is near but above gate 20. If coming from the main TSA security area, go forward then right at Bobby Van's Grill.

Opening hours: 04:30 hrs to 00:30 hrs

Access rules:
1) First class BA travellers. One guest.
2) First class AA ticket holders on Flagship routes (note normal First travel on non Flagship routes is not sufficient). One guest when the host is on an internationals service.
3) AA Flagship Business Plus passengers - this is a special fare offered as "Premier" on some AA routes. No guest.
4) BA Gold Guest List (GGL) members. One guest, but two guests if the GGL is travelling First.
5) AA Concierge Key members on Flagship routes, regardless of cabin class. Two guests.

For GGLs, we know this covers all BA and AA cabins, we still need confirmation it applies to the other oneworld airlines in T8 such as Iberia, which has also relocated to terminal 8. All guests must also be flying oneworld, though not necessarily the same flight as the host.

Facilities
Food
Snacks
Drinks
WCs
Showers
Rest areas
Wheelchair access

Useful links
BA & AA JFK T8 joint operations to begin Dec 2022
particularly from post 160 onwards.

Farewell to CCR in JFK T7 - reminiscences and remembrance

New Flagship Check-in, Lounges open at JFK

AA website: https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...um-lounges.jsp

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Dec 8, 2022 at 3:50 pm Reason: Guesting rules
Old Dec 1, 2022, 5:37 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Admin notice: being day 1 this is clearly work in progress. Please feel free to contribute to this thread, so photos are very welcome, if necessary we can have a tidy up and update post 1 later on, but in the mean time it will be good to have reports from those visiting. I've created this thread since the current threads make sense in terms of a move, but that move has now happened. We will also create threads for the Soho and Greenwich lounges.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 5:50 am

Programs: BA GGLfL, SQ PPS, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
It would also be useful to include guesting rules in addition to the access rules.

Doc Copper
Old Dec 1, 2022, 8:46 am

Programs: BAEC
Headforpoints: https://www.headforpoints.com/2022/1...nal-8-airport/

Says there are 17 different champagnes. Should suit FT very well.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by LimitingFactor
Headforpoints: https://www.headforpoints.com/2022/1...nal-8-airport/

Says there are 17 different champagnes. Should suit FT very well.
... which is of course incorrect if anyone bothers to look at the menu! There are in fact 14 Champagne and 3 sparkling wines (one from Italy, one from England, and one from New Mexico)... Either the authors do not know the difference between Champagne and sparkling wine or more likely got confused by this ridiculously messy that has been put together (with mistakes on countries of origin, Champagne vs sparkling wines, confusions of styles, and weird repetition)
Old Dec 1, 2022, 10:44 am

Programs: BA/VS Gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic
... which is of course incorrect if anyone bothers to look at the menu! There are in fact 14 Champagne and 3 sparkling wines (one from Italy, one from England, and one from New Mexico)... Either the authors do not know the difference between Champagne and sparkling wine or more likely got confused by this ridiculously messy that has been put together (with mistakes on countries of origin, Champagne vs sparkling wines, confusions of styles, and weird repetition)
There are more, if you count the Champagnes as part of the flights. Presumably these can also be ordered by the glass but it's not entirely clear!

Not sure who signed off the menu with a New Mexican wine under 'Champagne'!
Old Dec 1, 2022, 11:07 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by rhysflies
There are more, if you count the Champagnes as part of the flights. Presumably these can also be ordered by the glass but it's not entirely clear!
How so? I have counted those served as parts of the flights indeed when counting 14 Champagne and 3 sparkling wine. For completeness sake, the full list as I make it ordered in a hopefully sensible way:

CHAMPAGNE:

Blanc:
1. Moet&Chandon Nectar Imperial
2. Moet&Chandon Brut
3. Moet&Chandon Ice Imperial
4. Ruinart Blanc de Blanc*
5. Krug Grande Cuvee*
6. Lanson Black Label
7. Laurent Perrier La Cuvee
8. Jacquesson Extra Brut*
9. Laurent Perrier Ultra Brut*
10. Nicolas Feuillatte Terroir Premier Cru
11. Heidseck Extra Dry
12. Veuve Clicquot Demi-sec

Rose:
13. Moet&Chandon Rose
14. Billecart Salmon Rose

OTHER SPARKLING WINES

1. Gruet Brut (New Mexico)
2. Giuliana Prosecco (Italy)
3. Nyetimber Classic Cuvee (England)

PS: In case you got confused by the menu nutters also including "Moet et Chandon Nectar", there is no such thing, it is only the Nectar Imperial so they just forgot to include "imperial" in one of the multiple times they included that particular bottle!)

PPS: I know that nobody is asking for my opinion and many will have preferences of their own, but the 4 with a * (Krug, Ruinart Blanc de Blanc, Jacquesson 744, and Laurent Perrier Ultra Brut) are the orbitmic's recommended quartet... Note that all are very much on the dry, mineral side so anyone who prefers sweeter or fruitier Champagne, or who likes Moet which is my least liked of the Champagne "grandes maisons" should flatly ignore my advice.

Last edited by orbitmic; Dec 1, 2022 at 11:37 am
Old Dec 1, 2022, 11:12 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Will be interesting to see what still wines they have. Obviously they've done deals with the big champagne houses, but hopefully they'll have some decent whites and reds too.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
After the second bottle I wouldn't know or care.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by gustavmahler
Will be interesting to see what still wines they have. Obviously they've done deals with the big champagne houses, but hopefully they'll have some decent whites and reds too.
In one of the external links, there is a photo of the Chelsea lounge cabinet, I can't remember the whole thing (there was one Bordeaux, one Alsace Gewurztraminer etc) but nothing that looked particulalrly amazing from those I could decipher.

Originally Posted by Yeoman5
After the second bottle I wouldn't know or care.
Well, some of us do but happy to leave you the Prosecco if it makes no difference!
gustavmahler and Fitruss like this.

Last edited by Prospero; Dec 20, 2022 at 1:15 pm Reason: combine consecutive posts
Old Dec 1, 2022, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I’m a quality over quantity type of man. 🥂
Tobias-UK and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
I’m a quality over quantity type of man. 🥂
Me too! I do think that there is actually a lot of decent and sometimes excellent quality in this Champagne and sparkling wines menu, though also some other bottles to "make up the numbers" -- I wonder who will be "unique" enough in their tastes to ask for the Heidseck rather than Krug or Ruinart (and of all Veuve Clicquot, the semi-sweet is probably the only one I wouldn't touch with a bargepole, but hey, maybe there is a market for everything! )
rt23456p and Sandy Hopper like this.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Krug, yikes . The HFP review is glowing - I had low expectations based on OMAAT.
Football Fan likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 12:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Staggered to see Jacquesson! Pure class.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 12:16 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by rhysflies

Not sure who signed off the menu with a New Mexican wine under 'Champagne'!
US venue, US rules, including for the definition of champagne. I expect they spell colour wrong too.
seanp7 and bafan like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.