Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Old Jan 5, 2024, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
For the latest updates and discussion related to the champagnes on offer, please visit the sister thread linked below
JFK Chelsea Lounge | la mise jour du champagne
Print Wikipost

British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Old Sep 25, 2023, 2:39 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Amb, Hyatt Glob
Here again. Not everything* in stock today. So I am enjoying my steak and LPGS.

I did have the crab cake again, which tasted much better this time, albeit lacking in presentation - though I'd prefer to have the caesar salad back. I also saw the 'braised lamb shank', which whilst seems to come with different presentation, is the same tagine as before.

Jumbo lump crab cake. not quite jumbo, nor lump. But a 'fine' crab cake if you have the craving.

Crispy Panisse. Figured I try this as it as new. Perfectly fine starter, if you like polenta. But a bit of a stretch as a main when compared to the size of the rest. Broccoli was raw which is odd. Tasty, but wouldn't order again.
JapesUK and Soeftel like this.

Last edited by jjLDNY; Sep 25, 2023 at 2:45 pm
Old Sep 28, 2023, 3:31 pm

Plenty of Krug in the fridge today. Wish I had paid greater attention to this thread, Id have sat at the champagne bar on my earlier visits vs ordering off menu in the dining room / general seating area.
seanp7 and Sifu like this.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 10:00 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Thought the crab cake was excellent when I passed through earlier this week. Krug and LPGS also available but no Dom. New menu coming in October according to the staff.
seanp7, jjLDNY and Sifu like this.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 6:49 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Honors Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Gold
No Krug tonight and only a few bottles of Dom left. Plenty of LPGS though!

Rona was good as always and distributing the Dom to those in the know
seanp7 likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 7:16 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Got here for 8.30pm tonight. No steak, no sole. Apparently a lot of large groups visited earlier and cleaned out the kitchen much to their surprise.

Popped over to Soho with Rona helping with the plating despite not asking for any help (got to love Rona for going out of the way). The chicken shawarma and couscous was very good, frankly better than Chelseas own Middle Eastern lamb dish..

On the flip side LPGS in full flow, and I asked for some Krug and that came out too..

All in all a very pleasant Tuesday evening in Chelsea, despite the food shortages.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 7:21 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Sifu
No Krug tonight and only a few bottles of Dom left. Plenty of LPGS though!

Rona was good as always and distributing the Dom to those in the know
Rona confirmed that the last of Dom was gone!
Sifu likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 7:40 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Honors Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Gold
Originally Posted by Foofighter69
Rona confirmed that the last of Dom was gone!
My apologies. I had the last sip
Old Oct 4, 2023, 12:27 am

Programs: BA GGL. HH Diamond. CC, SPG, MR Gold.
Originally Posted by Foofighter69
Got here for 8.30pm tonight. No steak, no sole. Apparently a lot of large groups visited earlier and cleaned out the kitchen much to their surprise.

Popped over to Soho with Rona helping with the plating despite not asking for any help (got to love Rona for going out of the way). The chicken shawarma and couscous was very good, frankly better than Chelseas own Middle Eastern lamb dish..
ah, think I saw you coming back with the food from Soho, looked good!

glad to say I had the penultimate steak
Old Oct 9, 2023, 2:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP AY+ Plat UA Silver Marriott Titanium
Posting this from the Soho lounge. Chelsea lounge today and I had a rough experience. I realize the below is going to sound like champagne problems and complaints but at this price point, this is wildly disappointing.

Arrived at 3:30pm with a 5 hour layover. Started at the bar. I asked what the premium champagne on offer was and they said: LPGS Rose.

A few folks on this thread have said to ask specifically for Dom or Krug. I did on my second drink, of course: Oh, Dom is actually is in here. Two other people heard and quickly ordered a glass. 30 minutes later I asked for a top up and they said it was gone. I asked if there would be another soon, bartender said: I have no idea they dont want us serving that.

All the waiters come to the bar to ask for drinks, the bartender gets completely overwhelmed and the waiters just stand there loudly asking for their drink orders. Why cant the waiters come around and pour a glass of wine to help the bartender? Why cant there be a bar area off the kitchen where they make drinks (LIKE EVERY DECENT RESTAURANT IN THE WORLD). There are plenty of staff here but they are just used the wrong way.

When I ordered my previous drink, I noticed the bartender overwhelmed with 3-4 people (and 4 staff members) eagerly awaiting a drink order so I said and I would love to order food when you get a chance. I waited 20 minutes and no one returned. I asked at that point and he clearly forgot but did not acknowledge (chalk it up as a one time thing)

Next I ordered the crab cake starter. 5 minutes later someone came and set a table at the bar for me. 15 minutes later someone came by and said they didnt have it. I asked if it would be prepared later, they said no idea.

I waited another 20 minutes and no one came to ask if I wanted anything else. At that point I asked the bartender if there was going to be any restocking of champagne, he said no idea. I ordered the sole (without the tomato topping per another posters suggestion).

Next, it got even more crowded (4:30pm) and a second bartender arrived. The waiters and bartenders began to openly argue over the bar.

Sole came and was solid (a bit too salty if any complaint). At this point I was a VERY frustrated so left to go to Soho. I was at the bar for 1.5 hours, at no point did anyone offer to refill my water.

Mods, post on BA as well. This is my 4th or 5th time in Chelsea and such a massive disappointment.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 3:25 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
Originally Posted by King1028
Arrived at 3:30pm with a 5 hour layover. Started at the bar. I asked what the premium champagne on offer was and they said: LPGS Rose.

A few folks on this thread have said to ask specifically for Dom or Krug. I did on my second drink, of course: Oh, Dom is actually is in here. Two other people heard and quickly ordered a glass. 30 minutes later I asked for a top up and they said it was gone. I asked if there would be another soon, bartender said: I have no idea they dont want us serving that.
Interesting, I couldve sworn AA and BA made a big show of their premium champagne offering in this lounge

Nice work, AA/BA
seanp7 likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2023, 6:41 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I have been blessed - Dom proactively offered to me in Chelsea! Been in here once a week for the last month and never a sighting. Savouring every sip. Alongside an upgrade to First. Must be my lucky day.
Old Oct 13, 2023, 4:44 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
Couple days back both Krug and Dom available. I was offered standard champagne, then LP rose. I asked about the good stuff and was then offered Dom but I saw the barman pouring Krug so I went for that. Funny process tbh, but at least could enjoy a glass.
Old Oct 13, 2023, 9:35 am

Separate Ticket Access

I am flying economy JFK-LAX AA revenue ticket. On a separate ticket for on the same day, I am flying AA flagship first LAX-SYD on an award ticket. Would I be able to access the Chelsea Lounge given I am flying flagship first same day? Could I just scan my LAX-SYD first boarding pass? Thanks

Last edited by nj1015; Oct 13, 2023 at 9:47 am
Old Oct 13, 2023, 9:43 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by nj1015
I am flying Flagship First from LAX-SYD (award ticket). Could I access the Chelsea Lounge if I have an AA economy revenue ticket thats separate from my flagship first ticket (JFK-LAX)? Should I just scan my LAX-SYD boarding pass at the entrance? Thanks
I am trying to unravel this: you're doing 2 flights between JFK and LAX, one in Economy, the other in First? Then connecting LAX to SYD in First, but on the economy ticket from New York? Without status I think that's a no, but by all means clarify.
Old Oct 13, 2023, 9:50 am

Apologies my post was confusing and have re-written it. Just two separate tickets going from New York to Sydney on AA.
1. AA JFK-LAX (economy revenue ticket)
2. AA LAX-SYD (flagship first class award ticket)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.