Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2024, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
For the latest updates and discussion related to the champagnes on offer, please visit the sister thread linked below
JFK Chelsea Lounge | la mise ŕ jour du champagne
Print Wikipost

British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2023, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Originally Posted by Genius1
Whilst I agree that the Flagship First onboard product is underwhelming, Flagship First Dining at MIA and DFW is excellent, which makes it all the more perplexing how the same team manage to serve such (comparative) rubbish at JFK.
Yeah, ok I haven't been to FFD in DFW/MIA, just JFK and LAX (pre pandemic). JFK by far the worst, to the point I'd just skip FFD altogether.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 1:49 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
LP Rosé would generally be considered a Rosé champagne, rather than in any way premium (whether vintage or just an LVMH’d premium brand).

Wasn’t it QR’s standard J Rosé champers for years?
Football Fan likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 1:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by no2chem
In the US, the QF F lounge in LAX is much much better, with the exception of the champagne. I'd vote QF F as still the best lounge in the US, though admittedly I have not been there post-COVID. Shame, as Chelsea had a lot of potential. Probably could get there if they sent all their staff to Sofitel or wherever QF gets their staff.

​​​​​
​​​​​
Qantas F LAX has Tattinger, for me much better than Moet if that's the standard at Chelsea.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Originally Posted by danmushman
Qantas F LAX has Tattinger, for me much better than Moet if that's the standard at Chelsea.
oh, they do? that's new to me. I agree Tattinger is much better, but Chelsea supposedly has a rotating "premium" which is sometimes nothing.
m8_rotate likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
LP Rosé would generally be considered a Rosé champagne, rather than in any way premium (whether vintage or just an LVMH’d premium brand).

Wasn’t it QR’s standard J Rosé champers for years?
Pretty sure LP is not owned by LVMH.
Rosé champagne definitely can be premium (FWIW, the industry term is Luxury -- Premium, Super Premium etc refer to stuff you can buy at the supermarket for USD$20-30).

Last edited by no2chem; Feb 23, 2023 at 2:28 pm
Old Feb 23, 2023, 3:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by no2chem
oh, they do? that's new to me. I agree Tattinger is much better, but Chelsea supposedly has a rotating "premium" which is sometimes nothing.
Mumm's is what's given if you just say champagne, and on free pour, but Tattinger always at the bar.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by danmushman
I was let down by all 3 I had recently in Qantas F. It was Mums, Moets & Tatting as I recall. I was surprised what is supposed to be the top lounge in the US (?) had nothing premium. Down under do the 2 F lounges have more premium champagne?

I much prefer whatever FL serves when you walk in and they offer you champagne. I think its Piper Heidsick. I have no clue if that is considered on par, above or below Tattinger but for whatever reason I recall enjoying that much more before walking over to Bradley and having 3 diff types in QF F.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 5:28 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
I was let down by all 3 I had recently in Qantas F. It was Mums, Moets & Tatting as I recall. I was surprised what is supposed to be the top lounge in the US (?) had nothing premium. Down under do the 2 F lounges have more premium champagne?

I much prefer whatever FL serves when you walk in and they offer you champagne. I think its Piper Heidsick. I have no clue if that is considered on par, above or below Tattinger but for whatever reason I recall enjoying that much more before walking over to Bradley and having 3 diff types in QF F.
QF First Class Lounge at LAX typically offers Mumm, Taittinger and Piper.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
QF First Class Lounge at LAX typically offers Mumm, Taittinger and Piper.
Honestly, they're all basic NV Champagnes at roughly similar price points (maybe Taittinger a few $ more), and while I like all three (and thus view the Mumm's Cordon Rouge and Piper as good values) they're not really First class quality bottles. Of course neither is Moet IMO (which, like many of the LVMH-owned houses, I don't particularly care for, for whatever reason). Really wish they could be more consistent at Chelsea. Going in a couple weeks, will keep my expectations low.
alex67500 likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 8:51 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Down under do the 2 F lounges have more premium champagne?
No - the same. The wine selection is also fairly meh unless there is one red that is the carafe then that one is usually a fairly decent around USD $50 red, otherwise it is USD $15-20 for the reds and whites. It is only that they usually have 3 whites, 1-2 rose and 3 reds to select from - so you can usually find one. The bar in SYD/MEL will not make anything that is not on the official and very limited list - you can ask for the ingredients as "shots" and then make your own (e.g. aperol spritz f.ex.) - I kid you not. (much to the embarrassment of the bar person who is not allowed to pour said ingredients in one glass).
Old Feb 23, 2023, 8:58 pm

Well, the bartender tells me whatever "premium" champagne they have is truly random and they just pour whatever is delivered. Apparently over the last week it's varied from LPGS, Krug and the LP rosé. Over the time I was there they didn't seem stingy about it at all, often proactively offering the LP rosé. A number of people actually turned it down, wanting a "non-pink" drink and got the möet instead.
​​​​
Old Feb 23, 2023, 9:17 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
We should all apologize to the LHR CCR. We take it for granted, complain about the heat, the sit down menus, the cabanas - but at least they can make a reliably solid cocktail, and have free-flowing LPGS guaranteed. It certainly avoids this insane "do you have a premium champagne, sir?" guessing game/begging and pot luck. I'm an introvert, and this is not cool!

Isn't running into LHR Galleries First and self-serving with food and liquor for 10 mins a more 'premium' experience than these JFK Chelsea reviews so far? Sounds like yes...
Old Feb 23, 2023, 9:57 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by seanp7
We should all apologize to the LHR CCR. We take it for granted, complain about the heat, the sit down menus, the cabanas - but at least they can make a reliably solid cocktail, and have free-flowing LPGS guaranteed. It certainly avoids this insane "do you have a premium champagne, sir?" guessing game/begging and pot luck. I'm an introvert, and this is not cool!

Isn't running into LHR Galleries First and self-serving with food and liquor for 10 mins a more 'premium' experience than these JFK Chelsea reviews so far? Sounds like yes...
I agree. I enjoyed my CCR visit last week. It was objectively better than the experience that many are having at the Chelsea lounge.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
This thread is way more active than the Soho thread.

So I’ll probably never make it as a GGL, are there “cheap” AA first-class flights from JFK that will give me a chance to check out this lounge for myself? As a OWE, I'm only able to check out Soho.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 11:12 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by lsquare
This thread is way more active than the Soho thread.

So I’ll probably never make it as a GGL, are there “cheap” AA first-class flights from JFK that will give me a chance to check out this lounge for myself? As a OWE, I'm only able to check out Soho.
JFK-SFO or JFK-LAX has tons of F award space that opens last minute (like within 3-7 days of departure). That'll get ya in.
lsquare likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.