Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Old Jan 5, 2024, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
For the latest updates and discussion related to the champagnes on offer, please visit the sister thread linked below
JFK Chelsea Lounge | la mise jour du champagne
Print Wikipost

British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Old Mar 7, 2023, 5:21 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
One empty table in the dining area, and even the seating areas are pretty busy.

Tuesdays are the new Thursdays!

M
Old Mar 8, 2023, 10:48 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
One empty table in the dining area, and even the seating areas are pretty busy.

Tuesdays are the new Thursdays!

M
I was there last night and it was pretty busy
Old Mar 8, 2023, 12:52 pm

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Markie
I was there last night and it was pretty busy
Were you in 2A on the 172?

M

Last edited by msm2000uk; Mar 8, 2023 at 1:15 pm
Old Mar 8, 2023, 12:53 pm

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by jjLDNY
BA owns the LHR CCR, they could turn away AA if they choose to and direct them to the AA lounge. BA & AA opened the Chelsea, Soho and Greenwich together.
They did. However when designing and conceptualising these lounges BA had around a thousand CCR eligible GGLs. Then they suddenly made that - what, probably nudging 10k?

I'd imagine that's why AA have moved the goalposts here.
KARFA likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 2:36 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
They did. However when designing and conceptualising these lounges BA had around a thousand CCR eligible GGLs. Then they suddenly made that - what, probably nudging 10k?

I'd imagine that's why AA have moved the goalposts here.
Everything you're saying is true, but of that 9k increase if we use your numbers, the CCR is doing just fine (according to 80% of people in the CCR thread - food quality aside) and that is where a majority of those GGLs are flying through. How many of them are using JFK for domestics? I'd say less than 10% which is still very generous; it doesn't seem a hard fight for BA to make a case.
flyinirish and Gastrocnemius like this.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 4:06 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Everything you're saying is true, but of that 9k increase if we use your numbers, the CCR is doing just fine (according to 80% of people in the CCR thread - food quality aside) and that is where a majority of those GGLs are flying through. How many of them are using JFK for domestics? I'd say less than 10% which is still very generous; it doesn't seem a hard fight for BA to make a case.
And yet they cant, so what does that tell you?
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 4:24 pm

Programs: BA GGL
As I know everyone likes to keep tabs on the champagne offering. On 6th March the signature champagne was LPGS. I was on BA182 (2315 departure) so was pretty much the last person in the lounge, and there was still plenty to go around.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 12:13 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Were you in 2A on the 172?

M
Confession that it was I!
Old Mar 9, 2023, 12:47 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by zachihger
GGL has access to CCR in London for any flight, regardless of the flight duration.
That any flight being a BA flight, so BA pays for lounge access and decides who has access.

GGL, who resides in the US, should be able to enjoy the same privileges offered to UK residents.
But they are, aren't they? Any BA flight is eligible for lounge access, which mirrors LHR CCR's access rules.

BA should restore access to Chelsea lounge to the GGL passengers regardless of destination as long as they fling on one of the One World flights
There are uniform OW rules for lounge access. It is up to each individual OW airline to decide who gets access to any lounge not covered by the OW agreement. Whether AA wants to pay for access to the Chelsea lounge for BA's GGLs on domestic flights is for AA to decide. There is nothing for BA to restore here.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 2:55 am

Programs: BAEC
Quick access question which Im sure someone here will know the answer to:

Will I have access to the Chelsea Lounge if arriving on BA in F in the evening and departing the following afternoon in J to LAX? From the oneworld rules I think not but Im not sure if different rules apply to this lounge.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by TabTraveller
Quick access question which Im sure someone here will know the answer to:

Will I have access to the Chelsea Lounge if arriving on BA in F in the evening and departing the following afternoon in J to LAX? From the oneworld rules I think not but Im not sure if different rules apply to this lounge.
Nope. Same day only. In theory I think you can do it if your next day is before 6:00 am. But as far as I know there are no JFK-LAX flights before 6.
Genius1 likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by Markie
Confession that it was I!
Haha! Well belated greetings from 1A.

See you in Denver

M
Markie and percysmith like this.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Genius1
You should have been granted access. Did you show your inbound F boarding pass?
Of course I did. I even pointed to where it said Sold as BA 1234 (whatever the BA codeshare was) and argued that angle. Then I asked again at the F lounge (where I had already entered via the F wing, but thats a different story). The agent there said oh yeah they stopped allowing access when AA flights moved back to T3

You shouldn't have been turned away as above, but that's besides the point.
What else should I have done?

BA & AA opened the Chelsea, Soho and Greenwich together.
Eh, thats what they want you to think.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Eh, thats what they want you to think.
And now youve gone and blown the whole conspiracy wide open!!!
ijgordon likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 12:42 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by RichieMc
Nope. Same day only. In theory I think you can do it if your next day is before 6:00 am. But as far as I know there are no JFK-LAX flights before 6.
YMMV

Got in as GGL (with a guest) on a non-Flagship domestic flight yesterday (nice BA agent). LGPS, no Krug.

An American chap asked for "Champagne from France!" and got Moet lol.
Markie, ENTP, HFHFFlyer and 2 others like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.