Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2024, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
For the latest updates and discussion related to the champagnes on offer, please visit the sister thread linked below
JFK Chelsea Lounge | la mise à jour du champagne
Print Wikipost

British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2023, 11:12 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
My latest conversation couple days ago, from AA agent at the Chelsea lounge , (she's been working for AA for some years), it that all international 'tickets' get access, with domestics in any route.

Also that in reality GGL will get access, no matter what, from quite a few agents.

She also expressed her exasperation at all the confusion, whilst not blaming anyone........

.I do wonder why this is still such a kerfuffle, as Judge Judy would say...
VSLover likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Markie
Even more confusion as the Gold Benefits page now says that connections to/from Long Haul or Transcontinental Flights also get access to Chelsea!
That seems to be specifically referring to those who meet the GGL qualification thresholds, so I'm not sure what additional confusion that introduces.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 1:18 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
My latest conversation couple days ago, from AA agent at the Chelsea lounge , (she's been working for AA for some years), it that all international 'tickets' get access, with domestics in any route.

Also that in reality GGL will get access, no matter what, from quite a few agents.

She also expressed her exasperation at all the confusion, whilst not blaming anyone........

I think that would have been the same lady I spoke to lol.

Edit: No, "my" lady was American, but worked for BA.
crazyarmadillo likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Is there any possibility of accessing this lounge when flying B6 in any scenario?
Old Feb 8, 2023, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
Is there any possibility of accessing this lounge when flying B6 in any scenario?
An eligible AA domestic arrival (eg LAX-JFK in F) connecting to B6 would give you access on arrival to JFK.
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by 1/4MM@20
An eligible AA domestic arrival (eg LAX-JFK in F) connecting to B6 would give you access on arrival to JFK.
I forgot to mention I'm also an OWE and BA Gold. Any other scenarios?
Old Feb 8, 2023, 3:02 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by ijgordon
That seems to be specifically referring to those who meet the GGL qualification thresholds, so I'm not sure what additional confusion that introduces.
It didn't say Transcontinental last week and the wording does not match the CK wording.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 3:07 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Markie
oneWorld web site now says:

Priceless. This continues to qualify as a future case study in corporate miscommunication.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad
Priceless. This continues to qualify as a future case study in corporate miscommunication.
Surely the "on select routes" which apply to GGL/CK - are the same routes mentioned when flying in First (longhaul or transcon)

I'm reasonably relaxed with how this has ended up, especially if longhaul/transcon connections are included, but goodness me, how hard is it to get it clear.
ijgordon and becks1 like this.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 5:41 pm

That status alone does not get you in (unless you are GGL or CK on certain flights). So only access route would be a qualifying BA or AA flight in First. Since B6 is in a different terminal an international arrival would require clearing security in Terminal 8 without a boarding pass for a flight departing that terminal. I have heard conflicting reports on the feasibility of that over the years (never tried myself). So the only practical path I see would be a domestic arrival in T8 on a qualifying flight (LAX/SFO/SNA).

I suppose in theory you could have flown first on BA or Flagship First on AA to another US entry point and then a same day domestic connection to JFK (connecting to your onward B6 connection) and that would also get you access.
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Computer says no.
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What are the chances a moderator wants to split this thread into one about access rules and one about reviews/discussion of the actual lounge?

Totally bored with the former and eagerly awaiting signs of improvement on the latter for an upcoming visit.
Retron, LCSinTexas and argonath like this.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 7:54 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by ijgordon
What are the chances a moderator wants to split this thread into one about access rules and one about reviews/discussion of the actual lounge?

Totally bored with the former and eagerly awaiting signs of improvement on the latter for an upcoming visit.
Can we have a 3rd thread champagne specific, do they have Krug or the crap stuff. Thats all i care about
Old Feb 8, 2023, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by 1/4MM@20
That status alone does not get you in (unless you are GGL or CK on certain flights). So only access route would be a qualifying BA or AA flight in First. Since B6 is in a different terminal an international arrival would require clearing security in Terminal 8 without a boarding pass for a flight departing that terminal. I have heard conflicting reports on the feasibility of that over the years (never tried myself). So the only practical path I see would be a domestic arrival in T8 on a qualifying flight (LAX/SFO/SNA).

I suppose in theory you could have flown first on BA or Flagship First on AA to another US entry point and then a same day domestic connection to JFK (connecting to your onward B6 connection) and that would also get you access.
All true & good points. Just was going to add for the OP that if they really want to see Chelsea and have access based on their flight that day, status, etc they can simply buy a $99 Y ticket JFK to BOS and clear security. I did that once and cancelled 7 min after I bought it. I dont see any ethical problem in that b/c its not like you are buying a ticket to get into the lounge then cancelling the ticket that got you into the lounge. Its simply just to get by security ticket.

Last edited by happiest_at_40000; Feb 8, 2023 at 10:45 pm
Old Feb 8, 2023, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo

Hands down the best court room show ever. All the others are horrible and joke. I watch 2 JJ episodes a night. She is brilliant !! We need her to help us kick some sense into these clowns who keep blowing the access rules and cant freaking order Krug or LPGS and have it their regularly.
zeer0 and HFHFFlyer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.