Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Old Jan 5, 2024, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
For the latest updates and discussion related to the champagnes on offer, please visit the sister thread linked below
JFK Chelsea Lounge | la mise ŗ jour du champagne
Print Wikipost

British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Old Feb 12, 2023, 6:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Fortune Wings Club Gold
Another report of them running out of steak frites, disappointing for what should be the best one world lounge. Service was quick, staff came to my seat with the menu less than 4 min after seating. They did not refill my water. Food came out just after I finished the previous course. Had the lamb, was fine. Cheesecake not good. Tomato soup excellent. small shower room, smaller than the lax flagship which surprised me, given that this is supposed to be better. Overall this lounge is just okay. Not crowded at all, almost silent compared to the zoo that is Greenwich.

Tomato soup and beets

Shower

Shower
Old Feb 12, 2023, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by aquanine
Another report of them running out of steak frites, disappointing for what should be the best one world lounge.
Sorry - is steak frites back on the menu? I missed thatÖ

Is anyone able to post the current menu?
jjLDNY likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 10:35 am

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
Anyone be around on Wednesday? Hoping that some of the regulars will be there for a drink and to share the secret handshake to get actual premium champagne.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 10:37 am

I can confirm steak frites and sole back on menu. Rotating premium champers today is LGPS.. Lounge is empty. FLying to LAX so really great…. Vast improvement over my visit of 2 months ago
Old Feb 13, 2023, 11:38 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by RTW4
I can confirm steak frites and sole back on menu. Rotating premium champers today is LGPS.. Lounge is empty. FLying to LAX so really great…. Vast improvement over my visit of 2 months ago
Ooh.

Can you share a picture if you're still there. Is it the exact same menu as the opening(below)?

Old Feb 14, 2023, 7:17 am

So was in Chelsea Last night - service at the bar was good, LPGS in stock and freely flowing. Menu below, they had it all but the Steak.

Had the Prawn Cocktail (ok) and the Sole (generous portion and quite good.)

But yeah- the lounge aesthetic is pretty poor as many have said here- had a look in the F lounge and agree it is far superior. Too bright, odd seating, bad bathrooms etc.

Old Feb 14, 2023, 10:47 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by enemigo

As a rather big critic of the lounge, Iím glad they have fixed the food - assuming things are in stock.

It seems that Krug whilst itís been removed as the default does make an appearance every now and again. However if they have lpgs in its place I think Iím happy with the f&b result.

As mentioned many times, the hard product is awful for multiple reasons, so any changes will likely take years. The soft product seems to be at an acceptable level now.
David_Doyle likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 2:51 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGLfL
No steak tonight and Mushroom toast is tiny, although the chicken was tasty.
LGPS available on request this evening.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA5MM
Originally Posted by Markie
It is absolutely absurd that one has to know to request the premium champagne, otherwise they receive a mid-tier alternative.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, DL Silver
Originally Posted by AA EXP DFW-LON
It is absolutely absurd that one has to know to request the premium champagne, otherwise they receive a mid-tier alternative.
I havenít been yet as all these negative reviews have made me lose interest. And since the kitchen team is the same as FFD Iím not expecting much on that front.

However I am curious is it possible when at the champagne bar one is getting offered the Krug or LPGS bur when in the dining area ids not being served or at least not offered ?

it just seems like there are reports of LPGS on the same day or at least within a day of reports of no premium champagne. So was wondering if a possible connection between the bar and the tables.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It seems to be pretty obvious on the menu.
seanp7 likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 8:12 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
I like it. A lot of people might be perfectly happy with Moet.
CappuccinoAddict likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 8:59 am

Programs: AA EXP
I'm arriving AA DFW->JFK on a Flagship First flight in May and then a few hours later heading to CLT in AA domestic first. Hoping the improvements continue. If any other lounge seen superior to Chelsea while I am in JFK coming in on AA metal TATL F, would be interested to hear.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 2:53 pm

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by Markie
TBD on the steak as I went with lamb for round 1. My waiter mentioned that the toast was small and asked if I wanted two.

LPGS flowing today as well.
jjLDNY likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Rossodio
I'm arriving AA DFW->JFK on a Flagship First flight in May and then a few hours later heading to CLT in AA domestic first. Hoping the improvements continue. If any other lounge seen superior to Chelsea while I am in JFK coming in on AA metal TATL F, would be interested to hear.
Are you sure DFW-JFK is considered a Flagship First flight? Even if the equipment is an A321T or 77W with the F cabin my understanding is that is not a flagship route and is just regular domestic F. Things may have changed though, itís hard for me to keep up!
Markie, wrp96 and jjLDNY like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.