Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2024, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
For the latest updates and discussion related to the champagnes on offer, please visit the sister thread linked below
JFK Chelsea Lounge | la mise à jour du champagne
Print Wikipost

British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2023, 9:08 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by ao40
Is this also true if departing in BA F? The first post suggests you do get a guest, like the T5 CCR. I looked at both the AA and BA websites and it was not clear to me.

I was hoping to make use of this when travelling with friends who are in CW in a couple of months (no GGL status between us, but 2 travelling in F).
Long-haul Int'l F on BA or AA should still allow access for one guest. Transcon F does not.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by HFHFFlyer
This policy will simply serve to reduce users even further; which may well be the intention, given the plan that BA now has in mind.
Forgive my ignorance- what plan is that?
Old Jan 26, 2023, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
But now, nearly 2 months with the ongoing issues, BA then change access rules. (Aka clarification). Icing on the cake, springs to mind.

Certainly , I see this as a downgrade for GGLs in all aspects.
Eh, GGLs are really no worse off access wise than when BA was in T7. That’s why I initially questioned the logic of allowing them in on domestic AA itineraries in the first place, back in post #51 here.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 10:08 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Eh, GGLs are really no worse off access wise than when BA was in T7. That’s why I initially questioned the logic of allowing them in on domestic AA itineraries in the first place, back in post #51 here.
We have been moved into an inferior lounge in every aspect that most people don't even enjoy spending time in. We also now have to listen to an increasing number of people on loudspeaker, and if not on loudspeaker, a generally louder population in a bunker with no sound absorption.

There are countless downgrades here. If I were traveling on a flagship route before, I'd have FFD access which again was a significant upgrade to the Chelsea. Pending (continued) entry details, perhaps there's a benefit(!!) for GGLs on a flagship route in Y..

As I have said, they have screwed up their hard product. Whatever they do about it will take months/years. What they do have control of right now is the soft product, the F&B. However they stripped this back within the first week. So now, unless I'm missing something there are no positives to this merge.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 11:24 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Re the lounge itself, as above for a number of reasons , GGLs are certainly worse off, than before, with the Chelsea lounge Vs T7 CCR.

Re access, my logic says CCR LHR access allows domestics only, so it follows JFK Chelsea , BA's replacement for JFK CCR, should allow access aswell, now that domestics depart from the CCR replacement's new location.

Unless, of course, LHR access is to change aswell.

But I think the access and lounge problems have been clearly identified already, so I dont need to restate it all.

Just that's the way things are now... Post Covid world I imagine.... So I shall enjoy my Guinness at the whichever lounge im allowed into now.
Markie and crazy8534 like this.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 11:50 am

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Could someone please enlighten me?

Pre-Chelsea et al, were GGLs on AA domestic (non-transcon) allowed access to FFD?

Doc Copper
Old Jan 26, 2023, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by DoctorCopper
Pre-Chelsea et al, were GGLs on AA domestic (non-transcon) allowed access to FFD?
No.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 2:33 pm

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by DoctorCopper
Could someone please enlighten me?

Doc Copper
No but then Flagship wasn’t a BA lounge. The CL is very much a BA lounge, even if it’s operated jointly with AA.

I think I am also correct in saying that CKs were not able to use FFD if on non-transcontinental domestic flights. Now they get to use the CL even if they flying economy to PHL (although from what I can tell, most don’t bother).
Old Jan 26, 2023, 3:58 pm
Suspended

I have been in NYC 2 days and I have spoken about Chelsea to 6+ friends/colleagues in a negative light (having previously praised the experience).

I fly every 3-4 weeks LHRJFK and have my flights booked till June. I realised today I'm not disappointed I'm angry.

I feel cheated because of those flights I will denied a nice experience (I fly F aside from my GGL and wish I was business for this leg). CCR was part of the "2nd cousin experience".

Net effect BA gets bad word of mouth when I used to be a fan.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by HFHFFlyer
I think I am also correct in saying that CKs were not able to use FFD if on non-transcontinental domestic flights. Now they get to use the CL even if they flying economy to PHL (although from what I can tell, most don’t bother).
No, ConciergeKey's don't get access to Chelsea on solely domestic itineraries except for premium transcontinental routes or when on an itinerary with a long-haul flight to Hawaii.
They are directed to the Soho Lounge like us BA GGL's
jjLDNY likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 7:11 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by Markie
I hope we are all writing to GGL services - as I have just done - to ask them to pass our complaints on to the higher-ups.
Won't make a difference but I feel better.
How do you write to GGL services?
Old Jan 26, 2023, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
How do you write to GGL services?
There is a GGL e-mail which you could send an e-mail at.
Markie likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 7:38 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
There is a GGL e-mail which you could send an e-mail at.
I asked because I don't know how to find that famed e-mail address. I'd appreciate an answer on how to find it. I looked on the BA web site after logging in and I am not seeing anything that would give that to me.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
I asked because I don't know how to find that famed e-mail address. I'd appreciate an answer on how to find it. I looked on the BA web site after logging in and I am not seeing anything that would give that to me.
Check your PM
Old Jan 26, 2023, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jjLDNY
We have been moved into an inferior lounge in every aspect that most people don't even enjoy spending time in. We also now have to listen to an increasing number of people on loudspeaker, and if not on loudspeaker, a generally louder population in a bunker with no sound absorption.

There are countless downgrades here.
Same for AA flyers, welcome to the club, you're not special.
If I were traveling on a flagship route before, I'd have FFD access which again was a significant upgrade to the Chelsea.
Are you sure, that flying in Y or J on an AA 3-class flagship/transcon route, as a GGL, you'd get into Flagship First DINING? I think you only got into the Flagship Lounge.
As I have said, they have screwed up their hard product. Whatever they do about it will take months/years. What they do have control of right now is the soft product, the F&B. However they stripped this back within the first week. So now, unless I'm missing something there are no positives to this merge.
Well, I said access-wise there was no downgrade. I certainly didn't say there were any upgrades

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.