Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2024, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
For the latest updates and discussion related to the champagnes on offer, please visit the sister thread linked below
JFK Chelsea Lounge | la mise à jour du champagne
Print Wikipost

British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2023, 8:57 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
It's all starting to get sorted... 🙏
I should have quoted your post in my reply, apologies.

I'm back to Chelsea in a few weeks , rather than this thread, I meant.

But both now seem pretty apt.

The most senior AA agent I saw couple weeks back at JFK said no access issues at all for GGL.

I'm still waiting for updates from UK GGl line, but they are still waiting for clarification aswell.

It's like a carry-on movie, very farcical indeed.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 10:30 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA
oh dear...

is this farce ever going to end?
i still got no answer to my open ticket to GGL team from 27DEC22. and yes. obviously its going to take a little bit longer than expect.i dont know the reason why it takes that long...
Football Fan, ISTFlyer and jjLDNY like this.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Today ( January 19 ) is day 50 for the lounges and it is horrible that GGL access on domestics haven't been sorted out and the situation is pretty dependent on the agents on duty.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 10:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Today ( January 19 ) is day 50 for the lounges and it is horrible that GGL access on domestics haven't been sorted out and the situation is pretty dependent on the agents on duty.
Because GGL aren’t supposed to have access on domestics.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 11:01 pm

ba.com states otherwise.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 11:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Nephoi
ba.com states otherwise.
It’s wrong and will be updated.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Nephoi
ba.com states otherwise.

Then BA should communicate this with us GGL members rather than the limbo situation of mixed interpretations of GGL agents on the phone, via the priority e-mail.
There was a post upthread from December 12 or 13 which had the same answer from you where the website would be updated. It has been more than a month since that post and no updates so far.

Rather than us, GGL's, being able to access Chelsea on domestics or not, the lack of communication, application skills and the confusion is a more serious issue at this stage.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 11:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Then BA should communicate this with us GGL members rather than the limbo situation of mixed interpretations of GGL agents on the phone, via the priority e-mail.
There was a post upthread from December 12 or 13 which had the same answer from you where the website would be updated. It has been more than a month since that post and no updates so far.

Rather than us, GGL's, being able to access Chelsea on domestics or not, the lack of communication, application skills and the confusion is a more serious issue at this stage.
Agreed 100%. The situation is a cluster.
ISTFlyer and m8_rotate like this.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 1:51 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
And yet we have had other official sources say that it is correct
Old Jan 19, 2023, 7:55 am

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
Chelsea vs Soho

I had my first visit yesterday (having been lucky enough in FFD T8 & CCR T7 many times).
I must say I found Chelsea very disappointing: a clear step down from both FFD and CCR. The best champagne was LP Rose, no natural light, disappointing menu of 3-4 mains. Chelsea felt very much like hanging around in well appointed closet.

The bar selection in Soho is almost identical and the extra natural light makes it feel so much nicer. I think the footprints of the two lounges might be reasonably similar (counting the empty rebooking area after the Chelsea entry) , why don’t they swap them over?

anyway, not the end of the world but I agree with many people upThread saying that Chelsea is notable step backwards.
jjLDNY likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 8:22 am

why do you think that?
Old Jan 19, 2023, 8:36 am

Programs: BA GGL

They also confirmed this policy is up to date .... So GGLs have access
Old Jan 19, 2023, 8:39 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Yesterday afternoon got to try the lounge for the first time.

At the Chelsea lounge entrance, I handed over a BA printed boarding pass for an AA domestic flight, and my GGL card. (I'd just come off a BA flight to JFK in club). Was initially told I needed to go to Soho. I said that as GGL I should get access. The AA lady said something like "oh I didn't know you were GGL, it didn't say", and was a little put out when I pointed out that she was holding my BA GGL card in her hand so she ought to have known. Apparently they haven't been trained to look for the GL in the corner... But having pointed that out was welcomed in

No Ruinart champagne but they had the others. It was about 4pm and fairly quiet, staff very friendly and helpful. Menu items didn't sound very inspiring, but when it (pretty quickly) came everything was really nicely done
Old Jan 19, 2023, 8:45 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
So to clarify, GGLs are entitled to access the Chelsea lounge at JFK when travelling on an AA domestic flight.

Some agents know this and will waive you through, while others need reminding.

This is no different to a month ago, yet access is granted to GGLs.

So any chance we can move the discussion on, and the main complainers stop whinging about access rules which have been clarified.

M
flyinirish, KARFA, Arsey00 and 4 others like this.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 8:55 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
Originally Posted by msm2000uk

So any chance we can move the discussion on, and the main complainers stop whinging about access rules which have been clarified.

M
We can but hope...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.