Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2024, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
For the latest updates and discussion related to the champagnes on offer, please visit the sister thread linked below
JFK Chelsea Lounge | la mise à jour du champagne
Print Wikipost

British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2023, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by LondonGlobalist
Morning team - greetings from Chelsea lounge.

Flying JFK - LAX in J
Accessed Chelsea lounge as GGL with no issue - the agent just politely asked me ‘what is your status with BA’ and welcomed me in.

V quiet today.

I’m guessing you’re the guy that said hello to me!

Earlier this morning the lounge was rammed and there were no free seats in the dining area. I think a combination of four AA transcons and the BA LHR leaving around the same time really filled the lounge up, plus the FAA ground stop not helping.

I really liked the lounge. The staff were very friendly and provided excellent service, the lighting was soft and the breakfast menu was equal to the CCR or FFD before. Not all the seats are great but there are some very nice areas with cosy seating to relax in, especially around the fireplace.

Champagne selection was not so good. The Ruinart was not available and the premium champagne was Laurent Perrier Rose. Not awful but not top notch.

There were some management types floating around and chatting to the staff about what was working and what wasn’t, so hopefully we’ll continue to see some incremental improvements.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by spanishflea
I’m guessing you’re the guy that said hello to me!
I am indeed! British politeness at its best...

Yes - it's a shame all the champagnes are not available but the team has been very hospitable and I've successfully navigated a mini wine-flight of the LP Rose and all the Moëts with impressive narrative from Marvin, the host...

Breakfast was great.

Safe trip to LAX. I'm following on the 11:29 and no delay so fingers crossed!
msm2000uk and m8_rotate like this.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by LondonGlobalist
I am indeed! British politeness at its best...

Yes - it's a shame all the champagnes are not available but the team has been very hospitable and I've successfully navigated a mini wine-flight of the LP Rose and all the Moëts with impressive narrative from Marvin, the host...

Breakfast was great.

Safe trip to LAX. I'm following on the 11:29 and no delay so fingers crossed!
Was there any LPGS on offer or has that run out? I’m hoping that it will make a return (along with Blue) in a few days.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 3:23 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Apologies if this has been answered before: Assuming one has access (based on status or based on coming in on a LAX-JFK AA three-class first ticket), arriving passengers get in (even if no onward flight on the same day)?
Old Jan 11, 2023, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Football Fan
Apologies if this has been answered before: Assuming one has access (based on status or based on coming in on a LAX-JFK AA three-class first ticket), arriving passengers get in (even if no onward flight on the same day)?
With respect to F, correct!
Football Fan likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by ryanbriar
Was there any LPGS on offer or has that run out?.
Not today, sadly
ryanbriar likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 5:15 pm

Programs: BA, LH, EK, AF, HH
I had a pleasant (albeit short) stay in Chelsea yesterday and found the staff to be very welcoming and friendly. However, I do question the value of providing guests with a champagne menu when they don't have those listed on hand. I ordered the Ruinart and was told that they "probably don't have that one available...." so the waiter went off to check and came back with a Laurent Perrier Rose instead! Which isn't even on the menu (though I suppose anything not listed is a "Chelsea Signature Series"). But there are worse games to play in the world than champagne roulette so I must not complain...
EuropeanPete and ryanbriar like this.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 10:53 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Does the Chelsea Lounge have any premium champagne at all right now?
Old Jan 12, 2023, 3:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
I would say LP Rose is premium as far as airline lounges go.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 1:09 pm
Suspended

I had a thought this morning: swap the Chelsea and Soho lounges. The F&B issue can be fixed in any location (they both have kitchens). Make the First/GGL experience in the spacious room as it once was. Soho users would love the décor of Chelsea and Chelsea users get the space and views of Soho.

The First lounge in T5 LHR is packed so why not fully pack out the current Chelsea as the new Soho?

The current Soho is a few tweaks away from the old JFK CCR and none of this would cost much.
ryanbriar, HFHFFlyer and zen100 like this.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 3:52 pm

Programs: UA GS, AS 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Does the Chelsea Lounge have any premium champagne at all right now?

Here now. Just Laurent Perrier Rose. Nothing else left.
jjLDNY likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 4:04 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by Gberg
..and 1752 EST is just before the evening rush starts.
jjLDNY likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by Gberg
How lame. LP Rose is nice, however that shouldn’t be the solo premium offering covering both rose and white champagne. May be a BYOB situation on Saturday for me
madmanshoney likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 6:55 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Yes, LP Rosé is the only thing they have right now.

Arrived on LAX-JFK F which was not a problem. I told them I have a flight tomorrow morning to MIA and asked them about GGL access. The agents seemed to be AA only, and she showed me a screenshot on her phone from Dec. 11th that said BA GGL only on international flights. She said I should just show my arriving boarding pass from tonight. I then showed her the BA website which clearly states that GGL (plus one guest) have access on any flight. She said "but the system will not let you in, that's wrong, that's not how it's programmed".

She went on to say that "BA Premier, which is the equivalent of Concierge Key, has access on any flight". I said that I believed GGL is the equivalent of Concierge Key. She and her colleague said "no no, only BA Premier".

So BA has still not sorted this out.
ryanbriar, 86BA7, ISTFlyer and 2 others like this.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 2:36 am
Suspended

In mid-December I was flying F to LHR but only showed my GGL (to a BA staff member) and I was into Chelsea without issue. It's an AA problem.
Gastrocnemius likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.