Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Old Jan 5, 2024, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
For the latest updates and discussion related to the champagnes on offer, please visit the sister thread linked below
JFK Chelsea Lounge | la mise ŕ jour du champagne
Print Wikipost

British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Old May 11, 2024, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by spanishflea
Asked for a croissant and a smoothie and was told to go and help myself from Soho because they didn’t have any in Chelsea. In future I will just go over to Soho in the mornings because the breakfast spread over there is very good.
Can you imagine being told to do this in the old JFK CCR? Hilarious.
Old May 11, 2024, 3:23 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Probably, but I make problems go away for a living…

M
Ate you in the Waste Management business by any chance? 😱
ryanbriar and msm2000uk like this.
Old May 11, 2024, 7:26 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by golfmad
Ate you in the Waste Management business by any chance? 😱
Nope - I don't like getting my hands dirty 😎

M
catmndu likes this.
Old May 11, 2024, 9:19 pm

Programs: BAEC
I was in the Chelsea Lounge a couple of days back for the first time and I was thoroughly unimpressed.

The breakfast menu is nice, but not much better than the Soho food. I’m sure that the champagne will be a step up, but I’d have the Soho views over the Chelsea wines ten times out of ten. I also prefer the decor in Soho. Will have a look Tuesday night if the dinner menu is much of a step up, but my current plan is to pop in for a bit and then spend the rest of the three hour layover in Soho
HFHFFlyer likes this.
Old May 11, 2024, 9:25 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by erikh94
I was in the Chelsea Lounge a couple of days back for the first time and I was thoroughly unimpressed.

The breakfast menu is nice, but not much better than the Soho food. I’m sure that the champagne will be a step up, but I’d have the Soho views over the Chelsea wines ten times out of ten. I also prefer the decor in Soho. Will have a look Tuesday night if the dinner menu is much of a step up, but my current plan is to pop in for a bit and then spend the rest of the three hour layover in Soho
The bonus in the evening is that Chelsea is usually pretty empty compared to Soho which on a Thursday night can be jam packed. Breakfast is usually nicer in the Soho lounge as it’s usually empty and as you mention, you get the views.
Old May 13, 2024, 5:48 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
The recent internal heatwave has been replaced by a strong arctic wind. It's ruddy cold in here!

M
1Aturnleft and ryanbriar like this.
Old May 18, 2024, 3:53 pm

What time does the lounge stop serving food? I have a 9pm arrival.
Old May 18, 2024, 4:50 pm

Programs: MUCCI du gingembre cinquant, CAMRA
Where to have breakfast!

Ms G50 and I will be arriving AA954 at JFK 07:00, then departing JFK at 0905 on BA178 (same PNR). I like watching planes… do we go to Chelsea for breakfast & bubbles followed by Soho for runway views or vice versa (ish)? Also, how close to the lounges does the BA flight depart?

Thanks, G50
Old May 18, 2024, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pilot8917
What time does the lounge stop serving food? I have a 9pm arrival.
I’m sure the lounge hours are online, I’d assume they probably serve food until 30 minutes before closing. There’s an 11pm BA departure so they’ll definitely be serving food past 9pm.

Originally Posted by ginger50
Ms G50 and I will be arriving AA954 at JFK 07:00, then departing JFK at 0905 on BA178 (same PNR). I like watching planes… do we go to Chelsea for breakfast & bubbles followed by Soho for runway views or vice versa (ish)? Also, how close to the lounges does the BA flight depart?

Thanks, G50
The views from SoHo are just of the tarmac, not the runway, fwiw. I would eat first to provide more time before food on the airplane. The gates are all quite close to the lounge, shouldn’t be more than a few minute walk.
Old May 18, 2024, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by ijgordon
fwiw. I would eat first to provide more time before food on the airplane. The gates are all quite close to the lounge, shouldn’t be more than a few minute walk.
Thanks, that's really helpful

G50
Old May 18, 2024, 5:39 pm

Programs: BAEC

Thanks, G50
Given the morning departure I would grab a glass of champagne in Chelsea and then head to Soho for breakfast. The breakfast offering in Chelsea is not worth the lack of views.
Old May 18, 2024, 5:52 pm

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
The recent internal heatwave has been replaced by a strong arctic wind. It's ruddy cold in here!

M
Nice! I’m sure the fireplace is still going
Old May 19, 2024, 4:09 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by TabTraveller
Given the morning departure I would grab a glass of champagne in Chelsea and then head to Soho for breakfast. The breakfast offering in Chelsea is not worth the lack of views.
Though remember licensing rules will prevent you getting a glass of fizz before 8am/ 10 am Sundays if I recall correctly.
seanp7 and TabTraveller like this.
Old May 19, 2024, 4:44 am

Thanks, G50
The breakfast selection in Soho is much wider than what is available in Chelsea.
Old May 19, 2024, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by Always Somewhere Else
Though remember licensing rules will prevent you getting a glass of fizz before 8am/ 10 am Sundays if I recall correctly.
Thanks for this... since my inbound flight arrives 7.00 am my plan will be to go to the Soho for some breakfast followed by Chelsea for a pre-flight fizzy.

G50

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.