Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Old Jan 5, 2024, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
For the latest updates and discussion related to the champagnes on offer, please visit the sister thread linked below
JFK Chelsea Lounge | la mise jour du champagne
Print Wikipost

British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Old Jan 10, 2023, 3:46 am

Programs: BA Gold
Also given that AA is eliminating international first class, the AA customers in the Chelsea lounge would be people flying first in daytime to LA or San Francisco plus concierge key

The vast majority of BA customers are people flying to London on an overnight flight. Stands to reason they might be looking for different things from the lounge. T7 Concorde Room was effectively only for people on overnight flights (bar one)
Komodromou likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by PaulOM
Also given that AA is eliminating international first class, the AA customers in the Chelsea lounge would be people flying first in daytime to LA or San Francisco plus concierge key

The vast majority of BA customers are people flying to London on an overnight flight. Stands to reason they might be looking for different things from the lounge. T7 Concorde Room was effectively only for people on overnight flights (bar one)
F is being removed on the LA/SF Transcons at the same time as international flights. It remains to be seen which AA passengers will have access to Chelsea and FFD in other locations going forward.
Markie, rt23456p and PaulOM like this.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 7:11 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by aks120
I realise I am in the minority, but that minority are still allowed to have an opinion without their posts being dissected because they do not agree with your view. I am back again in Apr so will contribute more to this thread after that visit.
You are correct. I am incapable of understanding how anyone can defend a First class menu in one of the most important hubs that consists of a burger, a lamb and rice dish being called a 'tagine' and fish & chips. This is a stark downgrade to the previous lounges it replaced. Is it an enjoyable burger? Enjoyable lamb? Enjoyable fish & chips? Sure, but it isn't a First class menu and the more we defend it the easier it is for BA to drop the standard.

I will come back to this thread to give an update when I'm back at the bunker in 10 days on an international as I am not flying out on domestics before entrance is cleared up. Apologies if my questions to dissect the positives have offended anyone.
Markie, Genius1, ermis177 and 5 others like this.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 7:39 am

Programs: COdbaUA MM, AA EXP, AF S, Bonbon Gold, Hilton G, All G, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis Presidential

AA will eliminate F on those flights at the same time as international F. My best estimate is emeralds in long haul business will get it - not either business or emerald.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 7:57 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by N1120A
AA will eliminate F on those flights at the same time as international F. My best estimate is emeralds in long haul business will get it - not either business or emerald.
Leaving the Soho lounge for Emeralds in Economy/Premium Economy and the Greenwich for non-emeralds in Business?
Old Jan 10, 2023, 9:47 am

Programs: COdbaUA MM, AA EXP, AF S, Bonbon Gold, Hilton G, All G, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis Presidential
Leaving the Soho lounge for Emeralds in Economy/Premium Economy and the Greenwich for non-emeralds in Business?
Along with the regular AC
Old Jan 10, 2023, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HFHFFlyer
I am afraid this is one of the worst F lounges (I don't mean status lounges, tbc) I've ever used, if not THE worst.
Curious - how many other F lounges did you visit within their first ~month of operations? Were any of these at the tail end of a pandemic with labor supply shortages? Asking for a friend.

I'd like to be hopeful that they will get their act together on the service and F&B front (and it sounds like some furniture reconfigs coming too).
dca100 and rhysflies like this.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 12:28 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGLfL
Originally Posted by ijgordon
I'd like to be hopeful that they will get their act together on the service and F&B front (and it sounds like some furniture reconfigs coming too).
I'd be happy if they sorted out access, let alone F&B.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Markie
I'd be happy if they sorted out access, let alone F&B.
Ha, not really on my radar (I will probably never be GGL or CK), but yes it's been fun to follow that discussion.
dca100 and m8_rotate like this.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 9:57 pm

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by N1120A
The AA fare bundle that will likely have access to Chelsea / FFD on a go-forward basis will be its flagship business plus fare, which is offered on international non Flagship F routes for about $400 more than J. My understanding is that these fares currently have access to Chelsea / FFD. I also believe that the re-configured 77Ws will have one row of fancier J seats, which Id imagine would also come with access.

I highly doubt theyll expand access to OWE or J passengers.

Ill be passing through Saturday afternoon / evening and looking forward to seeing if the expansive champagne list from day one has made a return
chris87 likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 10:12 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by jjLDNY
You are correct. I am incapable of understanding how anyone can defend a First class menu in one of the most important hubs that consists of a burger, a lamb and rice dish being called a 'tagine' and fish & chips. This is a stark downgrade to the previous lounges it replaced. Is it an enjoyable burger? Enjoyable lamb? Enjoyable fish & chips? Sure, but it isn't a First class menu and the more we defend it the easier it is for BA to drop the standard.

I will come back to this thread to give an update when I'm back at the bunker in 10 days on an international as I am not flying out on domestics before entrance is cleared up. Apologies if my questions to dissect the positiveshave offended anyone.
I for one hope that the nickname of the bunker sticks.
VSLover, ryanbriar, jjLDNY and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 10:31 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by ryanbriar
The AA fare bundle that will likely have access to Chelsea / FFD on a go-forward basis will be its flagship business plus fare, which is offered on international non Flagship F routes for about $400 more than J. My understanding is that these fares currently have access to Chelsea / FFD. I also believe that the re-configured 77Ws will have one row of fancier J seats, which Id imagine would also come with access.

I highly doubt theyll expand access to OWE or J passengers.

Ill be passing through Saturday afternoon / evening and looking forward to seeing if the expansive champagne list from day one has made a return
I have seen the bundles for J+. I am one who is gonna miss AA F. the tier points were good, the seat comfy. I knew to expect no service and bad food onboard. but for marginal price difference between J and F on my BUD-LON-JFK-GRU i didnt mind paying F and getting all the other benefits ... sad days when those 777w are gone
Arsey00 and rt23456p like this.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 6:52 am

Hoping for some help.

Im AAdvantage Platinum flying with my wife (no status) on a Qatar Airways business class ticket out of JFK (terminal 8). Which lounge will we have access to? I cant figure it out!
rt23456p likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 6:54 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Mucci
Originally Posted by dwhelan5
Hoping for some help.

Im AAdvantage Platinum flying with my wife (no status) on a Qatar Airways business class ticket out of JFK (terminal 8). Which lounge will we have access to? I cant figure it out!
I believe you would have access to the Greenwich lounge.
ijgordon likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 8:09 am

Morning team - greetings from Chelsea lounge.

Flying JFK - LAX in J
Accessed Chelsea lounge as GGL with no issue - the agent just politely asked me what is your status with BA and welcomed me in.

V quiet today.

Football Fan, LeeT and m8_rotate like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.