Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 3, 2017, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Working summary (Updated May 2018)

ORD - OPEN near C16, opened Dec 1 2016
SFO - OPEN in previous UC space in International Terminal G, April 30, 2018 (occupies previous UC+ SQ + BR lounge space)
EWR - OPEN old UC near Gate C120, June 4, 2018
IAH - OPEN - E11/E12, top floor of existing UC June 29, 2018
LAX - OPEN 12 January 2019 - Above rotunda near gate 73
IAD - "Under Construction" (2020?) - near C4, existing GFL (GFL converting to UC end of June 2018)
LHR - "Future location" - T2 opposite B46 at existing GFL (still open)
NRT - "Future location" - above existing UC
HKG - "Future location" - above gate 61, existing GFL (still open)

Polaris Progress Tracker 2017.06.26
Originally Posted by UASleeper
United has installed a Polaris Progress Tracker on its webpage, which tracks the progress of aircraft types/routes with Polaris seats and Polaris lounge openings. Here is the link:

http://view.ceros.com/united/polaris...-desktop-4/p/1

Under the "Aircraft" tab, all currently existing routes serviced by the new 773 (SFO-HKG, EWR-TLV and SFO-NRT are listed) are listed as well as (yet to be converted) 763 and 772 types. For the 763 the listed starting date is "Fall 2017." For the 772 the webpage states "Winter 2017," which sounds optimistic to me as it sounds more like 4th quarter of 2017 than the previously announced first quarter of 2018. Zodiac's output of Polaris seats for all three aircraft types must be ultra smooth by now, if United wants to stick with its predictions. Can't wait to see the first converted 763 in mid July...
Original summary
http://view.ceros.com/united/polaris-tracker-mobile/p/2
From [email protected] on 02/27/2017:
Dear XXXXX:
No announcement has been made to let us know when additional United
Polaris lounges will be opening. We are still renovating some of the
locations. Our United Premium Cabin Lounges page on our website will be
updated once the dates are announced. I've included the link for you
below.
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...n-lounges.aspx
This does not preclude any rumors from being true.

{Similar Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..[
United Polaris-New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges[url=http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showwiki.php?t=1769733](wiki) (thread)}
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread
Print Wikipost

Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-202x

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2017, 1:21 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Disappointed to hear SFO may be 2018 now.

Unless I have a ton of time before my international departures (in which case, I head to Centurion), I find it's not even worth entering the UC. Long walk to the bar, very crowded, and no seats available.

And a side effect is that BR and SQ seem to have capacity constraints to their own members (or people flying their airlines).

Hopefully the situation improves soon.
The SFO int'l UC is awful and packed. Really disappointed UA is moving so slowly on this.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 1:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by UAL250
Lord knows IAD needs this BAD. lol.
I was in the C17 UC last week, and one of the employees there said they are hearing rumors that the Polaris lounge will be there, not at the C4 IFL location.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA GS
I have a few thoughts on all the delays:

- It's understandable; They made a compelling product that makes people actually want to go them, probably stay longer than usual, and therefore are having to rework the original plans which were already going to be subject to the various forces (permits, etc) that may delay things. We should be happy they didn't start moving forward with construction on a bunch of clubs that will be permanently overcrowded before doing the ORD test.

- Over time, I expect demand will fall as the novelty for very frequent travelers will die off. Though in each new location this will probably take about a year. If they want to have them be the quiet oases shown in the marketing they'll need to expand anyway, especially at ORD.

- In the interim they should really do something for Polaris passengers to bridge the gap, for example vouchers for free premium drinks in the UC or at airport restaurants. I can't imagine this would be more expensive than if they already had the Polaris clubs open.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 4:13 pm

The United club at E11, IAH is closed as of today for about 3 months.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 4:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
LHR

Was at the Global First lounge yesterday at heathrow. In about 6 weeks, they are going to begin Polaris renovations. The present GF lounge will become the United Club; the existing United Club will become the Polaris lounge.

I asked a GS agent at the gate if this was true, and he corroborated the lounge agent. He said some had floated the idea of re-doing the GF lounge in a section of the new Polaris lounge, but that it is a no go.

Shame to be losing the GF lounge as it's really great. He said the feedback from GS was overwhelming negative about the fact the GF lounge is closing. I know I will miss it. But I won't be GS forever, and with the 3-cabin aircraft being reconfigured, I do concede the direction UA is heading makes sense.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by villox
I have a few thoughts on all the delays:

- It's understandable; They made a compelling product that makes people actually want to go them, probably stay longer than usual, and therefore are having to rework the original plans which were already going to be subject to the various forces (permits, etc) that may delay things. We should be happy they didn't start moving forward with construction on a bunch of clubs that will be permanently overcrowded before doing the ORD test.

- Over time, I expect demand will fall as the novelty for very frequent travelers will die off. Though in each new location this will probably take about a year. If they want to have them be the quiet oases shown in the marketing they'll need to expand anyway, especially at ORD.

- In the interim they should really do something for Polaris passengers to bridge the gap, for example vouchers for free premium drinks in the UC or at airport restaurants. I can't imagine this would be more expensive than if they already had the Polaris clubs open.
It is understandable that it takes time, but it is not acceptable when you hear the United Club agents hearing rumors. There's not supposed to be a rumor of Polaris lounge location. They should have a very definite plan and Q&A to the passengers when exactly the lounge will be built and renovated. I am sick and tired of UC agents saying they don't know or they hear it would be here or there.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 5:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by boat9781
The present GF lounge will become the United Club; the existing United Club will become the Polaris lounge.
This makes sense given the large number of international J pax the Polaris lounge will have to accommodate.

Though I wonder if the Polaris lounge will really be that much of an upgrade over the current LHR UC?
Old Aug 22, 2017, 9:55 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by kilo
Interesting. So the above wiki is wrong? Polaris Club IAH will be open by the end of the year?
Old Aug 22, 2017, 12:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Kacee
This makes sense given the large number of international J pax the Polaris lounge will have to accommodate.

Though I wonder if the Polaris lounge will really be that much of an upgrade over the current LHR UC?
It's going to make for a much more crowded experience for those flying in the back, unfortunately...the GF lounge isn't all that large and is materially smaller than the regular UC.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 12:50 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
It's going to make for a much more crowded experience for those flying in the back, unfortunately...the GF lounge isn't all that large and is materially smaller than the regular UC.
Yes, but there are many other *A lounges to choose among at LHR for those *G who are not flying Polaris.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by chavala
Interesting. So the above wiki is wrong? Polaris Club IAH will be open by the end of the year?
The original plan I heard is that the 2nd floor would remain a UC and third floor would become Polaris Lounge. I wonder if that is still the plan, if so they may reopen floor 2 in 3 months but open Polaris in Q1
Old Aug 22, 2017, 2:03 pm

Programs: All the programs!
Originally Posted by kilo
The whole club? I thought it was going to be in stages but I guess they want to make the remodel quick.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 10:06 am

Programs: UA GS, 3MM, Titanium Elite for life
Thank you for the sad update. The GF lounge in LHR was a nice experience. Big mistake and removal of a major GS perk.

Originally Posted by boat9781
Was at the Global First lounge yesterday at heathrow. In about 6 weeks, they are going to begin Polaris renovations. The present GF lounge will become the United Club; the existing United Club will become the Polaris lounge.

I asked a GS agent at the gate if this was true, and he corroborated the lounge agent. He said some had floated the idea of re-doing the GF lounge in a section of the new Polaris lounge, but that it is a no go.

Shame to be losing the GF lounge as it's really great. He said the feedback from GS was overwhelming negative about the fact the GF lounge is closing. I know I will miss it. But I won't be GS forever, and with the 3-cabin aircraft being reconfigured, I do concede the direction UA is heading makes sense.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 10:13 am

Programs: UA 1K
I hope the LHR 1st lounge is still open at the end of September. It would be nice to get one last visit.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 11:48 am

Programs: UA-GS; WN A-list;Hyatt - CC; Hertz - PC
Interesting conversation today at the DEN United Club with an Agent. The rumor is that one of the lounges is going to be broken up to be a Polaris lounge (West most likely), sometime next year after the new London flight gets up and running. It would be a much smaller lounge than most as there are only two polaris flights per day, but may include them opening up the west side of the current lounge to get some west facing mountain views, etc.

On face value I would not think they would do that unless they are planning a couple more 787 routes out of DEN. However, I like imagining it. While I'm imagining it, I am going to also assume that they are going to add an outdoor feature like the new LAX UC, with a west facing view.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.