Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 3, 2017, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Working summary (Updated May 2018)

ORD - OPEN near C16, opened Dec 1 2016
SFO - OPEN in previous UC space in International Terminal G, April 30, 2018 (occupies previous UC+ SQ + BR lounge space)
EWR - OPEN old UC near Gate C120, June 4, 2018
IAH - OPEN - E11/E12, top floor of existing UC June 29, 2018
LAX - OPEN 12 January 2019 - Above rotunda near gate 73
IAD - "Under Construction" (2020?) - near C4, existing GFL (GFL converting to UC end of June 2018)
LHR - "Future location" - T2 opposite B46 at existing GFL (still open)
NRT - "Future location" - above existing UC
HKG - "Future location" - above gate 61, existing GFL (still open)

Polaris Progress Tracker 2017.06.26
Originally Posted by UASleeper
United has installed a Polaris Progress Tracker on its webpage, which tracks the progress of aircraft types/routes with Polaris seats and Polaris lounge openings. Here is the link:

http://view.ceros.com/united/polaris...-desktop-4/p/1

Under the "Aircraft" tab, all currently existing routes serviced by the new 773 (SFO-HKG, EWR-TLV and SFO-NRT are listed) are listed as well as (yet to be converted) 763 and 772 types. For the 763 the listed starting date is "Fall 2017." For the 772 the webpage states "Winter 2017," which sounds optimistic to me as it sounds more like 4th quarter of 2017 than the previously announced first quarter of 2018. Zodiac's output of Polaris seats for all three aircraft types must be ultra smooth by now, if United wants to stick with its predictions. Can't wait to see the first converted 763 in mid July...
Original summary
http://view.ceros.com/united/polaris-tracker-mobile/p/2
From [email protected] on 02/27/2017:
Dear XXXXX:
No announcement has been made to let us know when additional United
Polaris lounges will be opening. We are still renovating some of the
locations. Our United Premium Cabin Lounges page on our website will be
updated once the dates are announced. I've included the link for you
below.
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...n-lounges.aspx
This does not preclude any rumors from being true.

{Similar Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..[
United Polaris-New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges[url=http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showwiki.php?t=1769733](wiki) (thread)}
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread
Print Wikipost

Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-202x

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2017, 6:33 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
I'm lucky that most of my Polaris flights are out of ORD. But, I think that United should provide vouchers for premium liquor for their Polaris passengers flying out of other airports. At ORD, I can get Veuve Clicquot Champagne. On my way to EDI at EWR, I only get the right to pay if I want anything better than the offered plonk.
yes please! Being based in EWR it's very frustrating. Even in Polaris First there is no differentiation in the lounge.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Hipplewm
Also, any star alliance flights in business and first can access
I doubt anyone is going to trek from TBIT over to T7 to use Polaris lounge vs. the *A lounge there. If anything, that will be the nice thing about the Polaris lounge at LAX...it will pretty much only be flyers on UA metal using it.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 10:02 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Who is expecting accountability And from whom? Just curious.
Fiscal accountability from investors with regards to capital investments and when they are behind schedule cost money. Other investors may question the ability of UA team that is handling the project. Then you have the actual project team that may have not accounted for hiccups. Lastly you have intrinsic accountability to your paying customers.

I have handled many production projects and we include buffers for hiccups but when you make a commitment and miss it, excuses don't matter results do. As another poster said this is not the first time UA has rolled out a product or renovated clubs...so why does UA get a pass on this subject?

Please don't construe my comments as demanding, i genuinely want UA to succeed but the lack of acknowledgement of issues does not make them go away.

Last edited by Halo117; Jun 13, 2017 at 10:18 pm
Old Jul 8, 2017, 3:57 pm

Status check: HKG Polaris Lounge

Still on schedule. Check-in agent did mention NRT might go a bit ahead of HKG even though the road map says it's around the same time frame. Apparently, they haven't even started the renovations yet.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 4:14 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Flying Polaris in Oct on the new 777-300ER out of SFO and hope all these reports of late 2017 hold true. Let's see if the disclaimer "Lounge openings are subject to change" actually works for me.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 5:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Disappointed to hear SFO may be 2018 now.

Unless I have a ton of time before my international departures (in which case, I head to Centurion), I find it's not even worth entering the UC. Long walk to the bar, very crowded, and no seats available.

And a side effect is that BR and SQ seem to have capacity constraints to their own members (or people flying their airlines).

Hopefully the situation improves soon.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 5:34 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
Lord knows IAD needs this BAD. lol.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 5:50 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
With the elimination of the HKG<>SIN tag flights, I'm wondering why HKG is an important place for a P-Club now. I use the (terrific!) GFL only when transferring to/from SIN, and having it during what can be lengthy delays is a great benefit.

But with just originating flights now, stays will be fewer and shorter.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by wxguy
With the elimination of the HKG<>SIN tag flights, I'm wondering why HKG is an important place for a P-Club now. I use the (terrific!) GFL only when transferring to/from SIN, and having it during what can be lengthy delays is a great benefit.

With only 3 flights (SFO, ORD, and EWR), I do agree that it seems a bit light, particularly with no tags to SGN or SIN.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by wxguy

Does it see use by *A partners? If it were to close, what would be the available options to UA flyers? HKG's kind of an important city (beyond being a connection point).
Old Jul 8, 2017, 7:35 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Does it see use by *A partners? If it were to close, what would be the available options to UA flyers? HKG's kind of an important city (beyond being a connection point).
Yeah, I really don't think the SIN flight is that relevant to whether UA has a club at HKG. The lounge serves the three daily UA flights to the US, plus UA pax connecting to TYO on NH, plus a fair bit of other *A traffic. The other *A lounge options are not great (TG and SQ), and I suspect a Polaris lounge will be a big draw (and may help pull some pax away from CX, which currently has a competitive advantage at HKG with its fantastic lounges).
Old Jul 8, 2017, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
Yeah, I really don't think the SIN flight is that relevant to whether UA has a club at HKG. The lounge serves the three daily UA flights to the US, plus UA pax connecting to TYO on NH, plus a fair bit of other *A traffic. The other *A lounge options are not great (TG and SQ), and I suspect a Polaris lounge will be a big draw (and may help pull some pax away from CX, which currently has a competitive advantage at HKG with its fantastic lounges).
I wonder if that would potentially draw enough people away to consider restarting LAX-HKG (I suspect the answer is no).
Old Jul 8, 2017, 8:22 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
I wonder if that would potentially draw enough people away to consider restarting LAX-HKG (I suspect the answer is no).
I'm pretty sure they've thought about it. They would have to fly an aircraft with the new seat to have any hope of success.

I actually make a point of flying CX ex-HKG based in significant part on the lounges. I can't be the only one.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Also, it appears the Centurion will open next to the UC in HKG prior to even the conversion to Polaris lounge starts.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 6:23 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
I wasn't suggesting the UC or GFL close. Just that the investment to build a Polaris Lounge may not be a good one. Leave things as they are, and put the resources into IAD where there so many more transfer and have the use for a Polaris Lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.