Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 3, 2017, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Working summary (Updated May 2018)

ORD - OPEN near C16, opened Dec 1 2016
SFO - OPEN in previous UC space in International Terminal G, April 30, 2018 (occupies previous UC+ SQ + BR lounge space)
EWR - OPEN old UC near Gate C120, June 4, 2018
IAH - OPEN - E11/E12, top floor of existing UC June 29, 2018
LAX - OPEN 12 January 2019 - Above rotunda near gate 73
IAD - "Under Construction" (2020?) - near C4, existing GFL (GFL converting to UC end of June 2018)
LHR - "Future location" - T2 opposite B46 at existing GFL (still open)
NRT - "Future location" - above existing UC
HKG - "Future location" - above gate 61, existing GFL (still open)

Polaris Progress Tracker 2017.06.26
Originally Posted by UASleeper
United has installed a Polaris Progress Tracker on its webpage, which tracks the progress of aircraft types/routes with Polaris seats and Polaris lounge openings. Here is the link:

http://view.ceros.com/united/polaris...-desktop-4/p/1

Under the "Aircraft" tab, all currently existing routes serviced by the new 773 (SFO-HKG, EWR-TLV and SFO-NRT are listed) are listed as well as (yet to be converted) 763 and 772 types. For the 763 the listed starting date is "Fall 2017." For the 772 the webpage states "Winter 2017," which sounds optimistic to me as it sounds more like 4th quarter of 2017 than the previously announced first quarter of 2018. Zodiac's output of Polaris seats for all three aircraft types must be ultra smooth by now, if United wants to stick with its predictions. Can't wait to see the first converted 763 in mid July...
Original summary
http://view.ceros.com/united/polaris-tracker-mobile/p/2
From [email protected] on 02/27/2017:
Dear XXXXX:
No announcement has been made to let us know when additional United
Polaris lounges will be opening. We are still renovating some of the
locations. Our United Premium Cabin Lounges page on our website will be
updated once the dates are announced. I've included the link for you
below.
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...n-lounges.aspx
This does not preclude any rumors from being true.

{Similar Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..[
United Polaris-New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges[url=http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showwiki.php?t=1769733](wiki) (thread)}
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread
Print Wikipost

Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-202x

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2017, 8:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Maybe that's the reason why IAD will be last
When it comes to hubs, IAD is always last because UA treats its IAD customers there as a captive audience.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 10:25 am

Programs: All the programs!
Originally Posted by EWR764
I spoke with *someone* in leadership at IAH last week and was told February 2018 is the target for the IAH Polaris lounge, which will occupy the third floor of the E lounge complex, formerly the upper level of the United Club. The main level of the United Club has been renovated, to have a higher capacity than before with larger seating areas. Opening should be very soon.
Curious to see the new top floor at IAH. Non polaris pax will miss the showers though.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA LT GS 4.2 MM, AA Gold 1MM, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Hipplewm
TONS of *A will

LH
EVA
CA
ANA
SA

*A will probably account for more traffic than United, especially because the contract lounge is pretty bad and shared among everyone almost
Don't EVA and CA leave around midnight? I would think the Polaris lounge would be closed that late.

While IAH has fewer Intl departures, won't everyone going to EWR, ORD, IAD,SFO to connect Intl have Polaris access?
Old Nov 2, 2017, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by IAHMCI
While IAH has fewer Intl departures, won't everyone going to EWR, ORD, IAD,SFO to connect Intl have Polaris access?
Yup.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 2:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
Originally Posted by halls120
When it comes to hubs, IAD is always last because UA treats its IAD customers there as a captive audience.
Although in this instance, I think UA might be holding off on a Polaris Lounge in IAD to see whether they can get a new C/D concourse on favorable terms.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by IAHMCI
Don't EVA and CA leave around midnight? I would think the Polaris lounge would be closed that late.

Yes, but in cases like me where I'll have to get there at 4pm, or maybe 6pm and wait those 6 hours, I'll have access to the Polaris lounge the whole time

Same thing for arrivals, get there, spend the night at Marriott, fly out early next morning (FRA gets in late) NRT is mid afternoon

Personally, I would rather connect thru IAH than IAD or ORD, especially if I go to left coast (SIN traffic) as there is also a Centurion lounge in IAH

In reality, personally, I see myself flying EVA and ANA a ton more, also LH (Especially on the way home) - which means no Polaris access, unless I fly LH SIN-FRA and United FRA-IAH

People severely underestimated the amount of traffic Chicago has for PL and please don't do the same in other airports.

How many business and FC seats on the LH A380 from IAH-FRA (Leaves at 4pm)
Old Nov 2, 2017, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by 764toHI
Although in this instance, I think UA might be holding off on a Polaris Lounge in IAD to see whether they can get a new C/D concourse on favorable terms.
I’ve been hearing that line since 1995. It’s no more believable now than it was then.

When we retire we are leaving the DC area. One of the many things I won’t miss is the slum otherwise known as the C/D concourse.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by halls120
I’ve been hearing that line since 1995. It’s no more believable now than it was then.

When we retire we are leaving the DC area. One of the many things I won’t miss is the slum otherwise known as the C/D concourse.
When we came back from Hawaii this summer, we had a 5.5 hour layover. I took wife/kids to TK lounge (PP) and before I could even point it out, my wife commented on how beautiful the A/B side was. She always wondered why I called IAD the hellhole slum, now she could see the stark contrast between A/B and C/D.
Dublin_rfk and fkraig like this.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 1:13 pm

Programs: AC SE
Has anyone heard any recent estimates on the opening of the SFO Polaris lounge? The Polaris tracker just says "opening starting in 2018." I'm looking at some flight options in mid/late February via either LAX or SFO; the SFO connection times are terrible, but if the Polaris lounge is open, it would be worth taking the longer connection. Sounds like SFO is expected to be one of the earlier lounges in 2018, but the published timing is still incredible vague and likely intentionally non-committal. Has anyone heard anything more specific about the estimate for the SFO Polaris lounge other than "2018."
Old Dec 10, 2017, 1:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
I don’t as a rule schedule my flights around lounges, But if I was waiting for a Polaris lounge. I would be wait until 2019 to be sure it was open. Just look at ORD. It was open +4 weeks before it was halfway functional.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 7:22 pm

When I flew through EWR in November, one of the lounge staff members told me that EWR Polaris Lounge will open Memorial Day weekend. Not quite the beginning of 2018 as I had hoped....
Old Dec 20, 2017, 1:43 pm

Programs: United 1K
Just spoke with LAX UA and the person told me that the ORD Polaris lounge is having some issues, and is not working as planned. I got the impression that they will probably do some downgrading. No set date on LAX Polaris lounge opening.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by mkrecek
Just spoke with LAX UA and the person told me that the ORD Polaris lounge is having some issues, and is not working as planned. I got the impression that they will probably do some downgrading. No set date on LAX Polaris lounge opening.
Beancounters probably told them to cut back on all the customer friendly aspects.
EWR764 likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 3:45 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mkrecek
Just spoke with LAX UA and the person told me that the ORD Polaris lounge is having some issues, and is not working as planned.....
No news here, it turned out to be too small. It is being enlarged, and plans for other airports seem to have been reset / readjusted based on the ORD Polaris experiences.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by gcashin
Has anyone heard any recent estimates on the opening of the SFO Polaris lounge? The Polaris tracker just says "opening starting in 2018." I'm looking at some flight options in mid/late February via either LAX or SFO; the SFO connection times are terrible, but if the Polaris lounge is open, it would be worth taking the longer connection. Sounds like SFO is expected to be one of the earlier lounges in 2018, but the published timing is still incredible vague and likely intentionally non-committal. Has anyone heard anything more specific about the estimate for the SFO Polaris lounge other than "2018."
There's an entire separate thread on the SFO situation. No way it's ready in February. Their periodic status emails to SFO area-based flyers alternate between saying "2018" and "Summer 2018".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.