Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 3, 2017, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Working summary (Updated May 2018)

ORD - OPEN near C16, opened Dec 1 2016
SFO - OPEN in previous UC space in International Terminal G, April 30, 2018 (occupies previous UC+ SQ + BR lounge space)
EWR - OPEN old UC near Gate C120, June 4, 2018
IAH - OPEN - E11/E12, top floor of existing UC June 29, 2018
LAX - OPEN 12 January 2019 - Above rotunda near gate 73
IAD - "Under Construction" (2020?) - near C4, existing GFL (GFL converting to UC end of June 2018)
LHR - "Future location" - T2 opposite B46 at existing GFL (still open)
NRT - "Future location" - above existing UC
HKG - "Future location" - above gate 61, existing GFL (still open)

Polaris Progress Tracker 2017.06.26
Originally Posted by UASleeper
United has installed a Polaris Progress Tracker on its webpage, which tracks the progress of aircraft types/routes with Polaris seats and Polaris lounge openings. Here is the link:

http://view.ceros.com/united/polaris...-desktop-4/p/1

Under the "Aircraft" tab, all currently existing routes serviced by the new 773 (SFO-HKG, EWR-TLV and SFO-NRT are listed) are listed as well as (yet to be converted) 763 and 772 types. For the 763 the listed starting date is "Fall 2017." For the 772 the webpage states "Winter 2017," which sounds optimistic to me as it sounds more like 4th quarter of 2017 than the previously announced first quarter of 2018. Zodiac's output of Polaris seats for all three aircraft types must be ultra smooth by now, if United wants to stick with its predictions. Can't wait to see the first converted 763 in mid July...
Original summary
http://view.ceros.com/united/polaris-tracker-mobile/p/2
From [email protected] on 02/27/2017:
Dear XXXXX:
No announcement has been made to let us know when additional United
Polaris lounges will be opening. We are still renovating some of the
locations. Our United Premium Cabin Lounges page on our website will be
updated once the dates are announced. I've included the link for you
below.
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...n-lounges.aspx
This does not preclude any rumors from being true.

{Similar Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..[
United Polaris-New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges[url=http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showwiki.php?t=1769733](wiki) (thread)}
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread
Print Wikipost

Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-202x

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2018, 2:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold, DL GM, AS; Marriott and SPG Gold, Hyatt
Originally Posted by goodeats21
From an email received today, a hint on the updated timings for the Polaris Lounges... SFO, EWR, and IAH are all listed as "this summer", and LAX this fall.
Saw that as well. Can't say I'm too surprised... wouldn't count on them until at least 2019.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 2:22 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by halls120
This. I defy anyone to suggest that UA wines in business and first are the same quality as they first fielded when Polaris was rolled out.
The wines seem the same to me.

I may or may not even drink though
Old Jan 20, 2018, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
From an email received today, a hint on the updated timings for the Polaris Lounges... SFO, EWR, and IAH are all listed as "this summer", and LAX this fall.
The email received if you're EWR concentric isn't quite as forthcoming, only stating (bolding mine):
"United Polaris® lounge. The United Club location near Gate C120 is closed and will reopen this year as a brand-new United Polaris lounge."
Old Jan 20, 2018, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
...Interesting that LHR is not mentioned at all, as it was previously identified as 2018.
Was in LHR GFL lounge Tuesday morning. There's no way it's going to be converted into a Polaris lounge in the first half of 2018 if any major remodeling is done. Looking around, I can see how UA might just densify the furniture. For example, there are 4 round tables that back up to the TV room. Those could be replaced by up to 12 2-seaters (one person sitting in chair, other on banquette at each). Or maybe make the UC the Polaris Club and densify the GFL for use as a UC. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

I should have chatted with the manager who was actually out in the room working and instructing his staff on how to better serve the customers (!). Eggs Benedicts (yes, I had 2 and skipped breakfast on the plane) were great.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Jan 20, 2018 at 9:50 pm
Old Jan 20, 2018, 9:52 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Was in LHR GFL lounge Tuesday morning. There's no way it's going to be converted into a Polaris lounge in the first half of 2018 if any major remodeling is done. ...
Present roadmap no longer suggest 2018 for LHR Polaris lounge.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 10:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
i haven’t been but my reading of FT suggests the LHR GFL/UC are the least in need of a major upgrade.

the domestic hubs are in dire need.
zeer0 likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 11:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Will Polaris lounges offer dining off the menu like the GFLs?
Old Jan 21, 2018, 12:02 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by wco81
Will Polaris lounges offer dining off the menu like the GFLs?
A sit down menu service and a separate buffet are available at the ORD Polaris and this is what UA says
The United Polaris lounges will feature our pre-flight dining option, which includes a menu developed by award-winning chef Art Smith, an extensive buffet with hot and cold selections and table service. Pair your meal with your beverage of choice, with options including specially curated wines, premium spirits, craft brews and handcrafted cocktails designed by mixologist Adam Seger.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by uastarflyer

i haven’t been but my reading of FT suggests the LHR GFL/UC are the least in need of a major upgrade.

the domestic hubs are in dire need.

Plus, the “upgrade” will come at the expense of LHR’s GS passengers. Count me as not looking forward to it one bit.

It is the one place where everyone is happy with the lounge situation. Upgrade the food/drink in the UC if need be, and call it a day.
iluv2fly, UA_Flyer and zeer0 like this.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
I am prefectly fine with that. Other hubs are in much higher need for Polaris lounges.

Any word about HKG at all?
Old Jan 22, 2018, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by cesco.g
I am prefectly fine with that. Other hubs are in much higher need for Polaris lounges.

Any word about HKG at all?
Newest messaging lists HKG as "Future Locations", with no time listed. (Along with IAD, LHR, and NRT).
Polaris Tracker - Mobile

IAH, SFO, and EWR are listed as "Summer 2018"
LAX is listed as "Fall 2018"

IAD is the big outlier here. Not even having a plan for it is pathetic, considering how crappy the current United Clubs are. Wonder if at some point they will leverage the GFL without doing any construction?
Old Jan 22, 2018, 6:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Newest messaging lists HKG as "Future Locations", with no time listed. (Along with IAD, LHR, and NRT).
Polaris Tracker - Mobile

IAH, SFO, and EWR are listed as "Summer 2018"
LAX is listed as "Fall 2018"

IAD is the big outlier here. Not even having a plan for it is pathetic, considering how crappy the current United Clubs are. Wonder if at some point they will leverage the GFL without doing any construction?
My guess is that IAD never gets a Polaris Lounge. Why would they make the investment in a decades-old "temporary" structure that was never supposed to be permanent but is likely to remain the dump that it is for the foreseeable future?
Old Jan 22, 2018, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
My guess is that IAD never gets a Polaris Lounge. Why would they make the investment in a decades-old "temporary" structure that was never supposed to be permanent but is likely to remain the dump that it is for the foreseeable future?
Let’s hope UA invest in upgrading terminal C/D at IAD. It is long over due. If UA can fork out money to upgrade LAX, why not IAD?
Old Jan 22, 2018, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
No way can they wait until a theoretical new terminal gets built. It would be a decade before it gets operational, at the least.
This is not a massive, underground tunnel / train system...it is an updated lounge. Not addressing the sub-par experience at IAD is just pathetic.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 7:19 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
I've never quite understood UA's lack of attention to IAD C/D, whether it being a ratty place generally, or the rundown, crowded and often dirty lounges (with a GFL that is really not as nice as the AF, BA, TK or LH business lounges, though it does have better champagne). I, like many UA club and *G members, I suspect, are more likely to visit the LH or TK lounges if I have time than the UA clubs. I've got to think that an average person on a paid international business fare out of IAD who goes to the UA lounges has got to be seriously turned off. And then they learn onboard that Polaris really doesn't exist, except for some more bedding. And yet NOVA is a strongly growing business area you would think they would take more advantage of.

Amex could make some serious sales putting a Centurion in C/D. It would get crowded, but that has not stopped them elsewhere. I wonder if there is some other reason, like the airport authority, that is stopping them.
RandomBaritone and zeer0 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.