Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 3, 2017, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Working summary (Updated May 2018)

ORD - OPEN near C16, opened Dec 1 2016
SFO - OPEN in previous UC space in International Terminal G, April 30, 2018 (occupies previous UC+ SQ + BR lounge space)
EWR - OPEN old UC near Gate C120, June 4, 2018
IAH - OPEN - E11/E12, top floor of existing UC June 29, 2018
LAX - OPEN 12 January 2019 - Above rotunda near gate 73
IAD - "Under Construction" (2020?) - near C4, existing GFL (GFL converting to UC end of June 2018)
LHR - "Future location" - T2 opposite B46 at existing GFL (still open)
NRT - "Future location" - above existing UC
HKG - "Future location" - above gate 61, existing GFL (still open)

Polaris Progress Tracker 2017.06.26
Originally Posted by UASleeper
United has installed a Polaris Progress Tracker on its webpage, which tracks the progress of aircraft types/routes with Polaris seats and Polaris lounge openings. Here is the link:

http://view.ceros.com/united/polaris...-desktop-4/p/1

Under the "Aircraft" tab, all currently existing routes serviced by the new 773 (SFO-HKG, EWR-TLV and SFO-NRT are listed) are listed as well as (yet to be converted) 763 and 772 types. For the 763 the listed starting date is "Fall 2017." For the 772 the webpage states "Winter 2017," which sounds optimistic to me as it sounds more like 4th quarter of 2017 than the previously announced first quarter of 2018. Zodiac's output of Polaris seats for all three aircraft types must be ultra smooth by now, if United wants to stick with its predictions. Can't wait to see the first converted 763 in mid July...
Original summary
http://view.ceros.com/united/polaris-tracker-mobile/p/2
From [email protected] on 02/27/2017:
Dear XXXXX:
No announcement has been made to let us know when additional United
Polaris lounges will be opening. We are still renovating some of the
locations. Our United Premium Cabin Lounges page on our website will be
updated once the dates are announced. I've included the link for you
below.
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...n-lounges.aspx
This does not preclude any rumors from being true.

{Similar Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..[
United Polaris-New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges[url=http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showwiki.php?t=1769733](wiki) (thread)}
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread
Print Wikipost

Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-202x

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2018, 8:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer

Let’s hope UA invest in upgrading terminal C/D at IAD. It is long over due. If UA can fork out money to upgrade LAX, why not IAD?
They improved LAX because they have competition at LAX. They have no real competition at IAD, which is why we get the dump that is the C/D concourse.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 8:16 am

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by goodeats21
No way can they wait until a theoretical new terminal gets built. It would be a decade before it gets operational, at the least.
This is not a massive, underground tunnel / train system...it is an updated lounge. Not addressing the sub-par experience at IAD is just pathetic.

FWIW - I am 99% sure the underground stuff is done. When they built the train to term C/D, the reason you have to walk so far is it is halfway between what will be the next terminal, so one train stop for both terminals.

THIS IS LIKE 4TH HAND CRAPOLA, so take with a tiny grain of salt, but it does make sense based on how much you have to walk and the direction you walk to get from C/D to the train station
Old Jan 22, 2018, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Hipplewm
FWIW - I am 99% sure the underground stuff is done. When they built the train to term C/D, the reason you have to walk so far is it is halfway between what will be the next terminal, so one train stop for both terminals.

THIS IS LIKE 4TH HAND CRAPOLA, so take with a tiny grain of salt, but it does make sense based on how much you have to walk and the direction you walk to get from C/D to the train station
Yes, I am sure that was the plan with the train station. My point, probably not too clear, is that the Polaris lounge is a minuscule investment compared to the train project.
There is no way they should be waiting for the completion of a theoretical new terminal to update the lounges at IAD.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 9:07 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
No secret about the train station being put under the (possible) future site of a new C/D. MWAA has had various information about that on its website for, I guess, ever. At least up to a year or so ago, somewhere in the stations I recall seeing large posters of what new C/D would look like (generally, just like A/B).

UA has little domestic competition at IAD, where in the mornings all the cars in the drop off lanes are down at the UA doors at the end. But it does at DCA. And it does have a lot of international competition at IAD. I know people who fly business class on the non-US airlines out of A/B, and will even fly out of DCA to connect elsewhere (like JFK, DTW or ATL) rather than fly UA business class out of IAD. (Unlike me, where buying discount business and upgrading into R space when possible, which combined with their routing, tends to have me on UA, they tend to pay higher last minute business class fares. Flying UA out of IAD does not appeal to them; quite the reverse.)
Old Jan 22, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
When we returned from HNL this year and landed at IAD - we had a 4hr layover

I took the whole clan to the Turkish lounge

My wife never understood why I called IAD (C/D gates) a cesspit until she saw the A/B terminal.....now she fully understands
Old Feb 1, 2018, 12:00 pm

Programs: All the programs!
Maybe some new information.

SFO EWR & IAH Q2 2018
LAX Q3
IAD Q4
LHR Q4 2019

Old Feb 1, 2018, 4:38 pm
Suspended

And to think Americans were able to put a man on the moon faster than set up these Polaris lounges
iluv2fly, nnn, EWR764 and 6 others like this.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
How will the Polaris lounge at IAD be ready 4Q 2018? Where will it be? Has construction begun? I haven’t noticed anything yet.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 8:52 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Artpen100
How will the Polaris lounge at IAD be ready 4Q 2018? Where will it be? Has construction begun? I haven’t noticed anything yet.
Wondering this too. All of the UA clubs are operating normally as far as I can tell. No signs of construction starting soon.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 9:59 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by Artpen100
If I had to guess I will be the club at C7, and the GFL becoming the UC, although if UA were smart they would make both Polaris Lounges.

I don't think construction should take long, the issue has been too much demand requiring them to expand, UA should be able to solve this with most airports now that they know what percent of pax to expect based on ORD
Old Feb 2, 2018, 5:07 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by sanfran8080
And to think Americans were able to put a man on the moon faster than set up these Polaris lounges
Or build the Empire State Building.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 7:51 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by sanfran8080
NASA had a lot more space to work with.
tpsmith82 likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 9:13 am
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by schley
Interesting side point. Empire State Building took 13 months to build, amazing. But then, it was the Depression and people were fearing for their jobs / lives and highly motivated. Plus workplace safety and environmental reviews weren't a thing. Not so much right now.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
I was told February for the IAH-E Polaris lounge back in the fall (by a well-placed representative), so obviously things have slipped a bit into Q2.

Originally Posted by schley
No excuse, but I wonder if it would have been built as quickly if, shortly before beginning construction, the developers realized it was at least 1/3 too small and redesigned the entire thing?
Old Feb 2, 2018, 10:17 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by EWR764
I was told February for the IAH-E Polaris lounge back in the fall (by a well-placed representative), so obviously things have slipped a bit into Q2.

No excuse, but I wonder if it would have been built as quickly if, shortly before beginning construction, the developers realized it was at least 1/3 too small and redesigned the entire thing?
Is that what happened? I know it was like an erector set and were building a floor a day during the peak production schedule! I don't remember anything about the redesign, fill us in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.