Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 3, 2017, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Working summary (Updated May 2018)

ORD - OPEN near C16, opened Dec 1 2016
SFO - OPEN in previous UC space in International Terminal G, April 30, 2018 (occupies previous UC+ SQ + BR lounge space)
EWR - OPEN old UC near Gate C120, June 4, 2018
IAH - OPEN - E11/E12, top floor of existing UC June 29, 2018
LAX - OPEN 12 January 2019 - Above rotunda near gate 73
IAD - "Under Construction" (2020?) - near C4, existing GFL (GFL converting to UC end of June 2018)
LHR - "Future location" - T2 opposite B46 at existing GFL (still open)
NRT - "Future location" - above existing UC
HKG - "Future location" - above gate 61, existing GFL (still open)

Polaris Progress Tracker 2017.06.26
Originally Posted by UASleeper
United has installed a Polaris Progress Tracker on its webpage, which tracks the progress of aircraft types/routes with Polaris seats and Polaris lounge openings. Here is the link:

http://view.ceros.com/united/polaris...-desktop-4/p/1

Under the "Aircraft" tab, all currently existing routes serviced by the new 773 (SFO-HKG, EWR-TLV and SFO-NRT are listed) are listed as well as (yet to be converted) 763 and 772 types. For the 763 the listed starting date is "Fall 2017." For the 772 the webpage states "Winter 2017," which sounds optimistic to me as it sounds more like 4th quarter of 2017 than the previously announced first quarter of 2018. Zodiac's output of Polaris seats for all three aircraft types must be ultra smooth by now, if United wants to stick with its predictions. Can't wait to see the first converted 763 in mid July...
Original summary
http://view.ceros.com/united/polaris-tracker-mobile/p/2
From [email protected] on 02/27/2017:
Dear XXXXX:
No announcement has been made to let us know when additional United
Polaris lounges will be opening. We are still renovating some of the
locations. Our United Premium Cabin Lounges page on our website will be
updated once the dates are announced. I've included the link for you
below.
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...n-lounges.aspx
This does not preclude any rumors from being true.

{Similar Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..[
United Polaris-New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges[url=http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showwiki.php?t=1769733](wiki) (thread)}
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread
Print Wikipost

Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-202x

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2017, 11:11 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by txaggiemiles
One week ago I asked the UC at E agents about the Polaris lounge. She said it will not be the 3rd floor of the existing lounge, as I had thought and as this wiki indicates. She said it would in fact be the 4th floor, above the current lounge and that the entrance would be to the left of the current E lounge entrance between the lounge facade and the restaurant to the left. Construction had not started, she said, and gave no indication as to when it would be opening.
At the current IAH Terminal E lounge the main lounge area is actually on the third floor and the smaller upper area with the showers is on the fourth floor. When taking the escalator up from the concourse you go directly to the third floor, there is no access to the second floor. Hopefully the comments aren't reflective of this situation and do in fact mean that an additional floor is being constructed above the existing club.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 9:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Air Houston
At the current IAH Terminal E lounge the main lounge area is actually on the third floor and the smaller upper area with the showers is on the fourth floor. When taking the escalator up from the concourse you go directly to the third floor, there is no access to the second floor. Hopefully the comments aren't reflective of this situation and do in fact mean that an additional floor is being constructed above the existing club.
If they're just converting the existing top floor (I think of it as the 3rd but understand from your description it may actually be the 4th) to Polaris it's not going to be nearly big enough.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 10:25 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.45MM, Marriott+SPG Plat, Clear, Nexus, Global Entry and MEX Viajero Confiable
Originally Posted by Kacee
If they're just converting the existing top floor (I think of it as the 3rd but understand from your description it may actually be the 4th) to Polaris it's not going to be nearly big enough.

Absolutely agree!
Old Apr 16, 2017, 10:12 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
I agree too. There is no way that space will be large enough.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 8:19 am

EWR Polaris Lounge

Just got this email.

Your travel experience is important to us. That's why we'd like to let you know about a few changes to security and lounges at New York/Newark before you travel.

Lounge and club updates

We have several lounge construction projects underway that will completely renovate all of our United ClubSM locations at New York/Newark. Here is what you need to know:

In May, we will begin converting the United Club near Gate C3 into a brand-new United PolarisSM Lounge. The club will remain open during renovations. A new, temporary United Club location near C124 will also be opening in May.

Our redesigned United Club location in Terminal A is now open.

We appreciate your patience while we work to bring you an upgraded club and lounge experience. Please visit united.com/unitedclublocations for all up-to-date operational information for United Club.
Do they mean C120?

Also, are the showers gone during "renovation"?
Old Apr 30, 2017, 8:46 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
That's interesting...I think that was the same information I had originally been given when I asked at the invitation-only EWR event last year. That said, if the whole club is being converted to Polaris, the C1 UC is going to be jam-packed at all times. I really wished they had come up with a solution to add a Polaris club without taking away one of the existing UCs.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 11:25 am

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
That's interesting...I think that was the same information I had originally been given when I asked at the invitation-only EWR event last year. That said, if the whole club is being converted to Polaris, the C1 UC is going to be jam-packed at all times. I really wished they had come up with a solution to add a Polaris club without taking away one of the existing UCs.
You don't think there are enough people currently using the UC as International business that will then use the new Polaris Lounge instead to reduce the UC numbers?
Old Apr 30, 2017, 11:29 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by SF1K
You don't think there are enough people currently using the UC as International business that will then use the new Polaris Lounge instead to reduce the UC numbers?
I have zero way of estimating what % of C3 UC is occupied with international travelers - perhaps UA does, and that is why they feel comfortable going this route. I think it's going to cause massive overcrowding problems for the domestic crowd in C1 (which is going to be out of the way for anyone traveling in C2 or C3 gates). Just my opinion as an EWR-based flyer who has generally seen C3 being pretty well-occupied no matter what time of day it is. There is no doubt it is more crowded around the TATL departure bank in the late afternoon/early evening, but it's still reasonably packed outside of those hours.

I am still surprised that all the work they have been doing along the walkway just past security did not involve building a Polaris club (or new UC) there that would have undoubtedly eaten some existing office space.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 2:57 pm

Programs: -=- UA: GS + 3.9 Million Miler; Hilton: Diamond; Marriott: Gold; Hertz: President's Circle
Originally Posted by Air Houston
According to GS agent at IAH last week, there is a 4th floor *above* current Terminal E UC where there are offices of IAH big-wigs. Those big-wigs are being moved out and that space will be converted into new Polaris lounge. GS agent says size of current UC (2 floors plus entry lobby) won't be changing.
Old May 1, 2017, 2:42 pm
formerl motty

Programs: UA 1K, UA 1MM, VS Gold, Hertz Pres. Circ, Avis Pres Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Angry

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
I have zero way of estimating what % of C3 UC is occupied with international travelers - perhaps UA does, and that is why they feel comfortable going this route. I think it's going to cause massive overcrowding problems for the domestic crowd in C1 (which is going to be out of the way for anyone traveling in C2 or C3 gates). Just my opinion as an EWR-based flyer who has generally seen C3 being pretty well-occupied no matter what time of day it is. There is no doubt it is more crowded around the TATL departure bank in the late afternoon/early evening, but it's still reasonably packed outside of those hours.

I am still surprised that all the work they have been doing along the walkway just past security did not involve building a Polaris club (or new UC) there that would have undoubtedly eaten some existing office space.
I will be canceling my United Club membership if C1 is going to be hammered. I expect many others would do the same as well here in EWR. Occupancy in both C1 and C3 has been crazy in the latest year and I was considering the value I have, this would clinch it.
Considering all the mistakes United has done so far to alienate passengers - this is just the right thing for them to do.
Old May 1, 2017, 4:00 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by motty
I will be canceling my United Club membership if C1 is going to be hammered. I expect many others would do the same as well here in EWR. Occupancy in both C1 and C3 has been crazy in the latest year and I was considering the value I have, this would clinch it.
Considering all the mistakes United has done so far to alienate passengers - this is just the right thing for them to do.
The Polaris lounge will not mean there will be more passengers eligible for club/lounge access, it does mean those passengers will be re-distributed different between UC and Polaris Club. There is the possibility more of those eligible will access the Polaris but that a Polaris Club issue.
Old May 6, 2017, 8:06 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
Regarding EWR's Polaris, I asked the Platinum Premier line rep two nights ago. I'm flying 9/12 through EWR with a Polaris flight from EWR to ATH, I'd heard that the club would be open mid-2017 so I assumed (yes, bad move) that it'd be open. The UA rep told me that it won't. I've got to admit, I didn't research this Polaris enough. I did it for a few reasons- more comfy sleep beds, pjs, and the club lounge. I had always flown BC, but this might be my last international flight in awhile. My Heath hasn't been great and other than my 2-3 trips to Cancun a year, I'm guessing that this will be it for awhile.

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by the advertising I see every time I fly (4 flights a month) and the Polaris info shooting at me by UA. When I booked my flight, I could've flown cheaper through Munich, but I thought the direct flight would be great for Polaris. Now I'm reading that there's no pjs because the flight there is under 12 hours. It's 9:50 on the way to ATH and 11:25 on the return. The pjs were a big part of the promos I got, and I admit, I'm pissed that the difference of 35 minutes means that much. But I still had the bed, right? Nope, that's not yet installed. So, for a ridiculous sum of money, I'm getting old BC with some new blankets?

I live near DTW and haven't yet booked my round trip to EWR. The prices to fly DTW-EWR-ATH were certifiably insane. But I'm considering taking a short hop to ORD on my way to EWR, just to use the Polaris lounge. It'd be a bit crazy, but at least I'd get something I'd paid for! I don't know their procedures, maybe I wouldn't be allowed in because my Polaris flight originates in EWR.

I really let the Polaris hype get to me. Now I'm stuck with a Polaris ticket that I overpaid for. I did get the SAKS duvet and pillow on my December Hawaii flight and they're nice. So that's kind of how I see my much-anticipated Polaris flight. It'll be nice, just not what I thought I was buying.
Old May 7, 2017, 6:08 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by thaliajen
The pjs were a big part of the promos I got, and I admit, I'm pissed that the difference of 35 minutes means that much. But I still had the bed, right? Nope, that's not yet installed. So, for a ridiculous sum of money, I'm getting old BC with some new blankets?
They take into account the flight time of both directions. So the outbound flight of 9 hours really hurts the average.

Originally Posted by thaliajen
I really let the Polaris hype get to me. Now I'm stuck with a Polaris ticket that I overpaid for. I did get the SAKS duvet and pillow on my December Hawaii flight and they're nice. So that's kind of how I see my much-anticipated Polaris flight. It'll be nice, just not what I thought I was buying.
Old BC with new blankets (new mattress pad, new gel pillow, and an updated 'wine' offering on the flights). Yes, it's unfortunate United markets all these flights as "Polaris" without the new seats, but I find the offerings as 'updated' just not 'true Polaris'.
Old May 10, 2017, 8:56 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
I just wish I had known about all of it before I booked. And even if the flight TO Athens is only 9:50 minutes, the return flight is just under 12 hours. I see that the wine is something people are excited about, but I don't drink. And now with the new rules being announced tomorrow about no electronics bigger than a cellphone being allowed on flights from Europe, I wish I had just booked Air Canada. While I'm hoping that I can figure a way to fly DTW- EWR through ORD so I can at least see the Polaris Club, I'm annoyed that EWR won't have their Polaris Club open. I also hope that they don't mess with the UA Club with showers at EWR. IMO, every club should offer showers.
Old May 10, 2017, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'd vouch for a Polaris lounge in FRA as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.