Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 3, 2017, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Working summary (Updated May 2018)

ORD - OPEN near C16, opened Dec 1 2016
SFO - OPEN in previous UC space in International Terminal G, April 30, 2018 (occupies previous UC+ SQ + BR lounge space)
EWR - OPEN old UC near Gate C120, June 4, 2018
IAH - OPEN - E11/E12, top floor of existing UC June 29, 2018
LAX - OPEN 12 January 2019 - Above rotunda near gate 73
IAD - "Under Construction" (2020?) - near C4, existing GFL (GFL converting to UC end of June 2018)
LHR - "Future location" - T2 opposite B46 at existing GFL (still open)
NRT - "Future location" - above existing UC
HKG - "Future location" - above gate 61, existing GFL (still open)

Polaris Progress Tracker 2017.06.26
Originally Posted by UASleeper
United has installed a Polaris Progress Tracker on its webpage, which tracks the progress of aircraft types/routes with Polaris seats and Polaris lounge openings. Here is the link:

http://view.ceros.com/united/polaris...-desktop-4/p/1

Under the "Aircraft" tab, all currently existing routes serviced by the new 773 (SFO-HKG, EWR-TLV and SFO-NRT are listed) are listed as well as (yet to be converted) 763 and 772 types. For the 763 the listed starting date is "Fall 2017." For the 772 the webpage states "Winter 2017," which sounds optimistic to me as it sounds more like 4th quarter of 2017 than the previously announced first quarter of 2018. Zodiac's output of Polaris seats for all three aircraft types must be ultra smooth by now, if United wants to stick with its predictions. Can't wait to see the first converted 763 in mid July...
Original summary
http://view.ceros.com/united/polaris-tracker-mobile/p/2
From [email protected] on 02/27/2017:
Dear XXXXX:
No announcement has been made to let us know when additional United
Polaris lounges will be opening. We are still renovating some of the
locations. Our United Premium Cabin Lounges page on our website will be
updated once the dates are announced. I've included the link for you
below.
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...n-lounges.aspx
This does not preclude any rumors from being true.

{Similar Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..[
United Polaris-New Business Class seats & inflight service and new Polaris Lounges[url=http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showwiki.php?t=1769733](wiki) (thread)}
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread
Print Wikipost

Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-202x

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2017, 11:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by rittenhousesq
Any educated guesses as to whether we will see a Polaris lounge at EWR before the end of the year?
The wiki contains the best guess at this point: mid-2017, which probably means by the end of September.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 11:59 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RandomBaritone
The wiki contains the best guess at this point: mid-2017, which probably means by the end of September.
And whenever the Polaris Lounge is ready to receive pax, it will take a few more weeks to "encourage" the right people to activate its liquor license.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 1:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
That's perfect for me. Next time through EWR is 30 September.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
It would be nice if there was more color. Heck, I don't even know exactly where the Polaris lounge in EWR is supposed to be...the main construction point I see is where the C3 security checkpoint used to be, but I think that is about upgrading the checkpoint with the more automated tray setup.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 3:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
That's perfect for me. Next time through EWR is 30 September.
I'm flying SFO>EWR>DEL in mid-October, so there's more than a little wishful thinking in my answer as well. I hope Oscar will let us know how the construction is going by at least July.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 6:00 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Construction schedules are never certain. It's wise of UA to be nonspecific to avoid creating expectations. If they say September 1, then there's a delay, they'll just get a bunch of customers complaining they booked flights through EWR expecting a Polaris Lounge and demanding rerouting/compensation . . . .
Old Apr 9, 2017, 6:12 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by Absolute
Not at IAH if it's on the 3rd floor; I was just at the cubicles there 2 weeks ago. At check-in the lounge agent apologized for not having a Polaris lounge yet.

Strangely enough, the C lounge is currently closed "for renovations", but I highly doubt it would be changed into the Polaris, with most international flights from E.
c north has been closed for a while now, like at least 6 months. hopefully they make better use of space (make it bigger) so that way the e lounge won't be crunched by losing half its floor space, although the top floor of e has a lot of dead space.

hopefully there will be 1 non polaris club in iah left with showers

Originally Posted by txaggiemiles
One week ago I asked the UC at E agents about the Polaris lounge. She said it will not be the 3rd floor of the existing lounge, as I had thought and as this wiki indicates. She said it would in fact be the 4th floor, above the current lounge and that the entrance would be to the left of the current E lounge entrance between the lounge facade and the restaurant to the left. Construction had not started, she said, and gave no indication as to when it would be opening.
WHAAAAaaaaat, never thought there was a 4th floor? a floor above the top floor of the uc e.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: united premier exec, hhonors diamond, priority club platinum elite
Today it appears United has a very small space, formerly some kind of store near Gate C74 in EWR. I heard they are "partially" opening mid year and this could be the temp space. Common sense would indicate they'll take over, or create a greater space in the existing club near C74.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by ghostrider
Today it appears United has a very small space, formerly some kind of store near Gate C74 in EWR. I heard they are "partially" opening mid year and this could be the temp space. Common sense would indicate they'll take over, or create a greater space in the existing club near C74.
I believe this is the temp lounge space for the C-1 renovations. There is a similar temporary area near the former Gate 125.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 3:13 pm

Bummer IAD isn't set to open until 2018. Flying through in Oct this year.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 3:15 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by GiantCow
Bummer IAD isn't set to open until 2018. Flying through in Oct this year.
at least you got tk which is decent
and the lh lounge which is imo mediocre but it has 2-3 hot options, cheese, and some free mid line booze so people on here are in love with it
Old Apr 15, 2017, 1:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Hipplewm
I asked in HKG this week and they said "Late 2018"

Thinking about it - right now SFO-HKG and ORD-HKG has GF, but SFO-HKG is getting replaced first by 100% Polaris 777-300

that leave 8 GF seats on the ORD-HKG as the SOLE reason to keep the GF lounge around for over a YEAR, instead of closing it and starting to transform it into a Polaris lounge. That seems like a huge waste to me, but maybe i am just missing something.
Couldn't UA just pay CX to accept those 8 GF pax in the CX F lounge?
Old Apr 15, 2017, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by matrixwalker2012
There's also all the GS members in J.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 3:18 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by matrixwalker2012
They "could" as in "yes, theoretically" but there is not a snowball's chance of that happening.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by Kacee
They "could" as in "yes, theoretically" but there is not a snowball's chance of that happening.
UA will probably keep the F lounge open for the time being as it also accepts *A F pax. IMO, depending on what you're looking for, it is arguably the best *A F lounge at HKG... SQ F is little more than a dedicated section of the SKL which, while very nice with good food, has no windows and is a long traverse to higher-numbered gates. TG is also just a cordoned-off area of the main lounge and the facility has just one shower. UA has a more spacious, separate lounge with decent food, dedicated shower suites and a more central location. HKG is my second favorite GFL in the system, after LHR (though NRT has fantastic runway views).

I believe UA HKG receives a high number of partner F visits, which are a revenue stream they'll probably want to hang on to until the PL is open.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.