Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Presidential Plus Card Changes

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2012 | 11:57 am

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AC 25K, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by salesna
Good news for folks who want a credit card that allows one to earn PQMs: It appears that Chase and United have begun to issue Presidential Plus cards again. Mine came in the mail yesterday.

Here's the backstory. Last week, I called Chase to see if there were any plans to reintroduce the PP card, as several people on FT had reported hearing. The customer service rep put me on hold for 5 minutes to speak with her supervisor; when she came back, she said she would put in a request to switch me from the Club Card to the PP. The only catch, she explained, was that the PP card was a MasterCard, not a Visa (fine), and the annual fee would be $395 instead of $375 (fine, $20 is a small price to pay for the ability to accrue PQMs). She said it would take about a week and, sure enough, the card came yesterday.

Nice to see that Chase and United are responding to consumer demand for a product that accrues PQMs.
With this success story from salesna in mind, I tried to call Chase to change my Club card to a PP card, but I was told it's not possible. Later that day I called again and spoke to a different CSR and I was told the same thing. What is a customer supposed to do? Just keep calling back until they reach someone who can do it?
Old Sep 16, 2012 | 2:17 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by Howard
With this success story from salesna in mind, I tried to call Chase to change my Club card to a PP card, but I was told it's not possible. Later that day I called again and spoke to a different CSR and I was told the same thing. What is a customer supposed to do? Just keep calling back until they reach someone who can do it?
Was there success? I am too lazy to read back in the thread; did salesna ever receive the card?
Old Sep 17, 2012 | 2:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, BA
Originally Posted by Howard
But are the PQMs for qualification to 1K? Or only good up to 75,000 miles?
Old Sep 17, 2012 | 2:38 pm
10 Years on Site

Originally Posted by RNE
Was there success? I am too lazy to read back in the thread; did salesna ever receive the card?
Yeah, I did receive the card. It came about a week after the Chase CSR said she was going to put in a request to switch me from Club to Presidential Plus.

I'm disappointed to hear that y'all haven't had the same luck in switching cards. Maybe I got lucky with a good CSR and supervisor who were willing to bend the rules. Would be interested to know if anyone else has been able to switch to the Presidential Plus card?
Old Sep 17, 2012 | 2:40 pm
10 Years on Site

Originally Posted by stopdiabetes
But are the PQMs for qualification to 1K? Or only good up to 75,000 miles?
I'm pretty sure the PQMs can only be used up to Platinum.
Old Sep 17, 2012 | 5:01 pm
RNE

Purchased PQMs can be used up to 1K. It's FEQMs that don't count past Platinum.
Old Sep 18, 2012 | 6:26 am
10 Years on Site

Originally Posted by RNE
Purchased PQMs can be used up to 1K. It's FEQMs that don't count past Platinum.
Right, I should've been more precise: The PQMs earned on the card can only be used up to Platinum.
Old Sep 18, 2012 | 10:14 am
RNE

It may seem hairsplitting to you, but it's an important distinction that confuses many.
Old Sep 18, 2012 | 1:11 pm
10 Years on Site

Originally Posted by RNE
It may seem hairsplitting to you, but it's an important distinction that confuses many.
Not hairsplitting at all! It's important to be precise.
Old Sep 18, 2012 | 1:35 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75k, UA zilch, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Presidents
Without asking for it, I received a new PP card in the mail yesterday - United logo, updated expiration date, etc. Included all the same terms as we've known about eg FEQM restrictions, no 15% bonus, etc.
Old Sep 18, 2012 | 1:46 pm
15 Years on Site

Programs: UA 1K - 1MM, DL Gold - 2MM, AA Plat - 2MM
Originally Posted by brarrr
Without asking for it, I received a new PP card in the mail yesterday - United logo, updated expiration date, etc. Included all the same terms as we've known about eg FEQM restrictions, no 15% bonus, etc.
I received mine yesterday as well. The metal card is cool. Except, exactly how do you shred a metal card when you are done with it?
Old Sep 18, 2012 | 1:47 pm
Moderator: United Airlines
15 Years on Site

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by timbre
I received mine yesterday as well. The metal card is cool. Except, exactly how do you shred a metal card when you are done with it?
Had the same thought as I was shredding the old one -- guess I have 3 years to get a better shredder.
Old Sep 18, 2012 | 1:48 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75k, UA zilch, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Presidents
Was thinking the same thing! I've had a sapphire metal card for a few months and i couldn't say that i've figured out a relevant answer... going to have to go to the machine shop i guess.
Old Sep 18, 2012 | 3:19 pm
30 Countries Visited2M100 Nights15 Years on Site

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Tin snips, a long afternoon, and a few beers.
Old Sep 18, 2012 | 3:24 pm
15 Years on Site

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
Tin snips, a long afternoon, and a few beers.
I think United should compensate us with a $10 Lowe's gift card for tin snips.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.