Presidential Plus Card Changes

Old Nov 28, 2011, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE
Originally Posted by tj722
Flight originally booked with UA# via united.com as part of a round trip. I upgraded the outbound with UA miles.

As soon as I landed, I updated the reservation with my CO # number.

When I checked in for my return flight, I got the baggage allowance. Boarding card said "Zone 1" with "Premier Line" as my status underneath my name.

So, it does seem that my CO# is properly set up. ^

If I were a 1K I wouldn't bother with this card (due to the oft discussed changes in this thread), but as a GM trying to get 2P or 1P status again it's perfect for me!
Hm I am still apprehensive about booking through ual.com! Knowing my luck I would book via ual.com and not get the PP benefits haha.

I wonder if I should just put my OP# during the booking process and remove my UA# (although then the miles would go to the OP account and I want them added to my UA account).

I have never booked through continental.com, and have exclusively booked via ual.com for all of my trips. Any more advice? Thanks for the info!

EDIT: So I just booked a trip for next weekend on ual.com, and instead of entering my MP# during the booking process I put my OP# and paid with my PP card. Hopefully I get the benefits on the UA operated flights!

Last edited by thefiverivers; Nov 30, 2011 at 4:25 pm
Old Nov 29, 2011, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by bdraco
UA Insider has posted there is no limit to the amount of FEQM you can transfer in 2011. You'll need to call the OPSC (probably more then once) to make this happen however.

I have been getting nowhere with OPSC. Can anyone point me to UA Insider's comments on this matter? OPSC says, "Marketing is limiting the transfers and we don't have a workaround since transfers are done through the system which has been programmed not to exceed 100K this year." Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Old Nov 29, 2011, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM, AA P 2MM, DL PM, US P, VS G, SPG LT P, HH D, HYATT P, PC P, AVIS PC, HERTZ PLAT
Originally Posted by DaveWM_SFBay
I have been getting nowhere with OPSC. Can anyone point me to UA Insider's comments on this matter? OPSC says, "Marketing is limiting the transfers and we don't have a workaround since transfers are done through the system which has been programmed not to exceed 100K this year." Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Its in post 490: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17138223-post490.html

Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi Transcon35, I realize this one is a bit confusing, but until Jan. 1 2012, you’ll indeed be able to do as others here have suggested. Until 2012, there is no cap on the FlexEQMs you can apply.

[snip]

Shannon Kelly
Director, Customer Insights and Metrics
United Airlines
Old Nov 29, 2011, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by bdraco
Thank you!
Old Nov 30, 2011, 10:07 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM, AA P 2MM, DL PM, US P, VS G, SPG LT P, HH D, HYATT P, PC P, AVIS PC, HERTZ PLAT
Originally Posted by DaveWM_SFBay
Thank you!
Did you have any luck?
Old Nov 30, 2011, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by hvnflyer
.....whos fault is this anyways, Chase or Continental?
The rule change has been implemented by COdbaUnited.

Chase had nothing to do with the decision. They already paid CO for the miles when you originally earnd them.

It is the airline who has decided to change the rule mid-stream.....
Old Nov 30, 2011, 9:07 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
One of my favorite benefits of the Presidential Plus card is upgrades on award tickets. Until 11/30/2011 the rule was that the flight must have been operated by CO. Since now flights are currently operated by CO, does this mean that I am no longer eligible for upgrades on award tickets...or that all eligible UA flights could allow upgrades for PP customers on award tickets. I'm flying ORD-SFO tomorrow, so fingers are crossed.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
One of my favorite benefits of the Presidential Plus card is upgrades on award tickets. Until 11/30/2011 the rule was that the flight must have been operated by CO. Since now flights are currently operated by CO, does this mean that I am no longer eligible for upgrades on award tickets...or that all eligible UA flights could allow upgrades for PP customers on award tickets. I'm flying ORD-SFO tomorrow, so fingers are crossed.
I believe that your existing CO flights will remain CO flights. The only change here has been on the FAA end (where the towers call UA instead of CO). That being said, it still is a hit or miss whether EUA or battlefield upgrades happen for CO Pres Plus members. It is also worth mentioning that CO award upgrades will also extend to UA flights sometime in 2012.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 10:41 am

Programs: United 1K, DL Silver, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, Priority Club Gold
Ongoing FEQM/SWU confusion at One Pass Service Center

I know this has been addressed in older threads, but at OP they still don't seem to be sure whether FEQMs this year can be used towards reaching 100K for SWUs (as I'm currently expecting to end the year on 99,800 and have 9,000 FEQMs, it's of some interest).

I've phoned the OP service center twice in recent days to ask about this. On each occasion, I was initially told the FEQMs can be used towards 100K this year. But then when I drew their attention to a set of T&C that seem to be to current, a supervisor concluded that they were not eligible for qualification past 75K for Plat (I got cut off the other time).

I'm still not clear from the other threads whether we have a definitive or latest conclusion on this one for 2011. Likewise re maximer for 2011. Sorry, I do know much discussed, but there still seem to be two interpretations and so I am just playing super-safe!

tks all
Old Dec 2, 2011, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pjs1
I know this has been addressed in older threads, but at OP they still don't seem to be sure whether FEQMs this year can be used towards reaching 100K for SWUs (as I'm currently expecting to end the year on 99,800 and have 9,000 FEQMs, it's of some interest).

I've phoned the OP service center twice in recent days to ask about this. On each occasion, I was initially told the FEQMs can be used towards 100K this year. But then when I drew their attention to a set of T&C that seem to be to current, a supervisor concluded that they were not eligible for qualification past 75K for Plat (I got cut off the other time).

I'm still not clear from the other threads whether we have a definitive or latest conclusion on this one for 2011. Likewise re maximer for 2011. Sorry, I do know much discussed, but there still seem to be two interpretations and so I am just playing super-safe!

tks all
Yes to FEQM and Maximizer. Look in UA Insider's thread concerning 2012 MP.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 11:06 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by pjs1
..... But then when I drew their attention to a set of T&C that seem to be to current, a supervisor concluded that they were not eligible for qualification past 75K for Plat (I got cut off the other time). ....
what set of T&Cs that apply to 2011 are you referring to? Or you confusing the OP folks?

This has been extensively discussed in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...d-changes.html
in particular post #490 make the 2011 situation clear. Some have reported problems going above 100K but have reported successfull get to 100K.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 3:42 pm

It seems very clear that the 75k limit doesn't take effect until 2012.

Originally Posted by UA Insider
Until 2012, there is no cap on the FlexEQMs you can apply.

Shannon Kelly
Director, Customer Insights and Metrics
United Airlines
Old Dec 2, 2011, 3:50 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum Premier, National Executive Elite
Does anyone know if you get RDMs when depositing FEQMs? I am past 100k but have about 80k worth of FEQMs. I never transferred before.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat / DL-Silver / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by fkatzRTW
Does anyone know if you get RDMs when depositing FEQMs? I am past 100k but have about 80k worth of FEQMs. I never transferred before.
FlexEQMs are not actual miles/RDM.
They only count towards Elite qualification.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 5:30 pm

Programs: United 1K, DL Silver, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, Priority Club Gold
@WineCountryUS

Hello, you ask: what set of T&Cs that apply to 2011 are you referring to? Or you confusing the OP folks?

I was looking at the footnotes here:

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...x?offer=PP95SC

It states:

Flex EQMs can only be converted into EQMs for attaining levels, up to and including Platinum status only, that are explained and defined in the Elite Qualification Requirements section of united.com.

No mention of dates there...

But thanks for the assurances that both FEQMs and/or maximizer can take me to 100K for SWUs for 2011.

I just did the exact tally...I'll be at 99,892 after last flight ion Dec 28 otherwise

Last edited by iluv2fly; Dec 2, 2011 at 5:44 pm Reason: merge

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.