Presidential Plus Card Changes

Old Jun 16, 2013, 6:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by lensman
Is this part of your corporate agreement? I don't think my company has that one or maybe I need to look it up.
Yes, part of our corporate agreement. I didn't know about it until a coworker told me a month ago. Saves me a ton of time.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 4:33 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75k, UA zilch, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Presidents
Today's changes to MP say that there's not a spend requirement if you have the presidential plus card. Looks like this is worth keeping now...
Old Jun 18, 2013, 4:43 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Originally Posted by brarrr
Today's changes to MP say that there's not a spend requirement if you have the presidential plus card. Looks like this is worth keeping now...
No spend requirement for 2014, but they didn't say what happens after that.

Also, it looks like they PP cardholders will have to fly the 4 paid segments if I read it correctly.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Note that the spend waiver with this card does nt apply to 1K.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 4:54 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
Note that the spend waiver with this card does nt apply to 1K.
The PQD waiver for 2014 does not apply for any credit card for 1Ks.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 5:19 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75k, UA zilch, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Presidents
Originally Posted by 3card
No spend requirement for 2014, but they didn't say what happens after that.

Also, it looks like they PP cardholders will have to fly the 4 paid segments if I read it correctly.
4 paid segments is hardly a difficult bar to clear - i've always wondered where and to whom it would cause a problem
Old Jun 18, 2013, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA/CO-GS/PPlat,AA-Gold,SPG-Plat,Hilton-Diamond,Marriott-Plat,Hertz-Pres_Circe
4 paid segments is hardly a difficult bar to clear - i've always wondered where and to whom it would cause a problem
Agreed, I would be surprised if it was more than a few dozen. If you NEVER fly UA, then why have UA status, get the status on the *A partner you usually fly.

I think this will hit the 1K who flies UA domestically, and other *A internationally (because, well they are just better). Someone who say flies around 50K of each actually gets a decent amount of upgrades, while most of the spend goes elsewhere. So rather than improving the international product, UA takes this approach.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 7:43 am

Does anyone know if the new award fee changes are waived for the PP card?
Old Jun 19, 2013, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by airfly56
Doubtful - except possibly the close-in fee.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 7:46 am

There is no mention of any credit card waivers for the new award fee changes.

http://www.united.com/web/en-us/cont...ticketing.aspx

Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi amolkold,

Looks like you beat me to this by just a few minutes. I've also posted a link to the updated united.com page in the existing thread about award ticket change/cancellation fees.

You are correct in that Premier members are not impacted by this change. I also wanted to add that these changes are only applicable for tickets issued on or after today, June 19.

Aaron Goldberg
Sr. Manager - Customer Experience Planning
United Airlines
Old Jun 19, 2013, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by aacharya
Doubtful - except possibly the close-in fee.
that's really what i was asking, if the closein fee is waived, as its listed on the credit card app page, what about the non-close in fee of $75?

And if the close in fee is no longer waived - can they just do away with that overnight? Isnt some notice required to card holders?
Old Jun 19, 2013, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

that's really what i was asking, if the closein fee is waived, as its listed on the credit card app page, what about the non-close in fee of $75?

And if the close in fee is no longer waived - can they just do away with that overnight? Isnt some notice required to card holders?
The close-in fee was not changed. Hence the old waiver is fine.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by aacharya
The close-in fee was not changed. Hence the old waiver is fine.
So if you change the ticket within 21 days its free, but if its before 21 days its $75??
Old Jun 19, 2013, 8:16 am

Programs: UA Platinum
Looks like I was wrong about that in any case, it is also waved for PP cardholders (for 2014).

As to where it causes a problem -- for those with millions of miles banked who aren't planning much/any _paid_ travel. I know, ultimate first-world problem!
Old Jun 19, 2013, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So if you change the ticket within 21 days its free, but if its before 21 days its $75??
Look up "close-in" fee. Has nothing to do with changes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.