Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Presidential Plus Card Changes

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2012, 11:43 am

Programs: CO Gold
Are the Flex Elite Qualification Miles being posted for others..according to the statements on the United acccount activity MileagePlus Statement the last ones I have posted on my statements is 02/22/2012.. this was listed on the 03/01/2012 - 04/10/2012 statement... nothing since then even though ive had 15,000 in spending.
Old May 31, 2012, 12:00 pm
Formerly known as mmihalik

RE: FEQM posting

My FEQM have been posting like clockwork on the 9th of each month.

Confirmed with my online account; last posting May 9.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 7:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, EL Al ???, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
FEQM

Originally Posted by stephenmwiz
Are the Flex Elite Qualification Miles being posted for others..according to the statements on the United acccount activity MileagePlus Statement the last ones I have posted on my statements is 02/22/2012.. this was listed on the 03/01/2012 - 04/10/2012 statement... nothing since then even though ive had 15,000 in spending.
Thanks for bringing this up. I checked my statements and my last post of FQMS was 4/3. April statement FQMS never posted.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 5:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by theblakefish
That's exactly what I did. I was booked through 97,300 EQM's through mid-July and -- with those kind of miles already on the way -- try AA for a few flights this year and see what happens. I transferred 3,000 feqm's in before I hit 75,000 EQM's last week and we shall see...I have realized post-transfer that it is a miniscule amount overall and I will kick myself in the teeth if I miss out on 213 1K because of this, so I am torn...I just don't know what is the right move. I know that UA cannot redeposit the FEQM's, so I am angry if I burn them by flying one additional flight to obtain the 3,000 EQM's I need to re-qualify for 1K, but will be even more angry if I miss 1K by 3,000 eqm's...ugh...this sucks...
Looking forward to seeing what happens here!!!! I may need to do the same thing this year if this works.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 9:25 am
uwr

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K
Originally Posted by zigenbock
Looking forward to seeing what happens here!!!! I may need to do the same thing this year if this works.
According to UA Insider, FEQMs don't count in the total if you want to reach 1K.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 10:26 am
RNE

Originally Posted by uwr
According to UA Insider, FEQMs don't count in the total if you want to reach 1K.
Yeah, we know that. We're testing it.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 11:05 am

Programs: AA EXP / UA Lifetime Gold / Marriott Lifetime Plat / SPG Plat / Hyatt Diamond / HH Diamond / Avis CC
Originally Posted by RNE
Yeah, we know that. We're testing it.
With UA's system troubles I really can't see them tracking these pre-75k FEQM miles deposited very well? Certainly not well enough to know to back them out later in the year.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 4:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
Originally Posted by RNE
UA has not addressed the matter of accounting for XFEQMs versus NXFEQMs. One supposes ENIAC can do that internally, but it's not on the website yet.

With the cessation of new FEQM-earning credit cards, some—including yours truly—are speculating that UA may end the FEQM program and make all the FEQMs NXFEQMs. Lastly, while FEQMs may currently be useless to would-be 1Ks, one cannot say that will always be the case, nor can one say a 1K will always be a 1K.

If UA ends the FEQM program even for grandfathered holders that would be the day the scale might finally tip to me jumping for other options.

My FEQMs continue to slowly accumuluate (more now since I decided not to bother applying them this year to make gold since UA made gold so sucky for 2012).

As a light leisure-only traveler I just like to have enough status to allow easy use of milage upgrades when I want them. FEQMs make a nice way to keep a stuatus floor.

Hope they stay. Also hope they abandon the x vs nx FEQM and jsut leave them all as nx

Edit: I need to start reminding myself to change to FPQM
Old Jun 4, 2012, 10:33 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Just called today and switched to the new UA Club card, once I confirmed that it will still be a MC with the same Presidential Plus account number (but a different expiration date). $20.00 more expensive ($395 vs $375, and no first year discount). Since I can't use the FPQM's, then getting 1.5 miles/$ is just a much better deal. I could have gotten a discount if I'd applied for a new Visa card first then canceled my current one, but I wanted to keep the same number.

I got rid of all my FEQM's at the end of 2011, so they would count toward my lifetime balance.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 3:01 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by dergon darkhelm
I need to start reminding myself to change to FPQM
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
Since I can't use the FPQM's...
Considering the likelihood of FEQMs going the way of the dodo, there's little need to alter the nomenclature.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
High quality new PP card

Got my new PresPlus card today and it appears to have a metallic core - very durable, heavier than any other credit card I've ever had. Nice.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 5:57 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Plat
Discounted drinks are back at the Club!

Just bought a glass of Jordan cab at the C term UC. $3 off with my Pres. Plus card. Bartenders said about a week ago they rec'd a notice and showed me the laminated card with the Pres. Plus, United Club, and some other card they had pictured by the bar for the discounts. It's about time. It was stupid to let this lapse. Now my card will pay for itself again!
Old Jun 15, 2012, 6:05 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Originally Posted by austin_native
Just bought a glass of Jordan cab at the C term UC. $3 off with my Pres. Plus card. Bartenders said about a week ago they rec'd a notice and showed me the laminated card with the Pres. Plus, United Club, and some other card they had pictured by the bar for the discounts. It's about time. It was stupid to let this lapse. Now my card will pay for itself again!
Good news. Now the question is will they return this benefit to the in flight service? and return the DirecTV discount?
Old Jun 15, 2012, 6:38 pm

Programs: UA-Plat HH-Gold
Originally Posted by ElieW
Thanks for bringing this up. I checked my statements and my last post of FQMS was 4/3. April statement FQMS never posted.
Same here

edit: I just spoke to UA card services and they immediately credited my account the flex miles due and confirmed the flex mile program has not been changed in regards to how you earn them. He did say that it is likely an issue with their connection to Chase which was no surprise. Also, he mentioned that flex miles will take 4-6 weeks to hit your account going forward, that is the new norm (oh joy).

Last edited by Josh125; Jun 15, 2012 at 7:56 pm
Old Jun 19, 2012, 6:19 pm

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
After careful consideration, I have OFFICIALLY cancelled my old Chase CO PresidentialPlus card.

The United Clubs just aren’t worth it to me anymore. I carry free internet with a backup with me at all times, the restrooms in the United Clubs honestly are not any cleaner than the ones in most terminals, and the free drinks just aren’t not worth the $375 fee. Yes, it is quiet and I might need it for a strategic phone call at times, but I have a few other options for lounge access through 1) the 2 passes I egt through my UA Explorer Card, 2) LoungePass, and 3) My PriorityPass membership through my HH Amex.

Pretty sad, if you think about it, but my travels increasingly take me away from places that only have old President’s Clubs…and the pmUA United Clubs, like pmUA aircraft, just aren’t up to snuff yet and certainly aren’t worth the extra effort or cost.

I have had this card since 2005, and I certainly didn’t want to let that credit history go, so the agent moved me to a no fee Chase UA Visa card that allowed me to keep the credit history and not have a new account hit on my report. Since I have decided that the United Clubs aren’t worth it, I did not get the United Club Card either…although I might in the future if I change my mind.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.