Presidential Plus Card Changes

Old Aug 12, 2012, 7:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
Does anyone know if the expiration of FEQM / FPQM has been integreated and actually running?

On my MP page online I have my RDM and FEQM listed with a common expiration date that seems to click forward in time on a monthly basis (currently 2/2014).

If the expiry of FEQM has been formalized, does anyone know of a means to see how many and when?
Old Aug 12, 2012, 8:03 am
RNE

Originally Posted by dergon darkhelm
Does anyone know if the expiration of FEQM / FPQM has been integreated and actually running? If the expiry of FEQM has been formalized, does anyone know of a means to see how many and when?
None of us plebeians know if the expiration is in place (i.e. formalized) or ever will be; it's certainly not manifest on united.com yet and there has been plenty of time to put it there. Naturally, the longer this issue remains unresolvedcombined with the end of issuing new FEQM-earning credit cardsthe more one suspects expiration will be rendered moot by cessation of the entire Flex program itself.

RNE, earning FEQMs while I still can.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA Plat/AA,DL Dirt/HH Diamond,Hyatt Something-ist/Hz Prez,Avis Pres Club
Maybe expiring FPQMs will take hold when the new website is put in place. Right now united.com is the old continental.com and that didn't have expiration of FPQMs/separation of expiring and nonexpiring ones in its programming. Maybe they are just waiting to do it as part of the new web site. If so, I wonder if they will correctly count the 2012 ones as expiring, or just let that slide. Seems like the latter might be easier but I bet they try to do the former.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by UAzip
Maybe expiring FPQMs will take hold when the new website is put in place. Right now united.com is the old continental.com and that didn't have expiration of FPQMs/separation of expiring and nonexpiring ones in its programming. Maybe they are just waiting to do it as part of the new web site. If so, I wonder if they will correctly count the 2012 ones as expiring, or just let that slide. Seems like the latter might be easier but I bet they try to do the former.
... or maybe most people will bail to the new card and it won't be worth the effort to implement this in the first place.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 6:55 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75k, UA zilch, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Presidents
Originally Posted by UAzip
i don't see how website changes would be related other than in a 'make all changes at once' which is not the approach they're taking. it'd be akin to expecting that general motors will start installing larger cupholders because they got a new logo
Old Aug 17, 2012, 6:27 am
RNE

Originally Posted by edcho
... or maybe most people will bail to the new card and it won't be worth the effort to implement this in the first place.
Indeed. With the Presidential Plus card closed to new applicants, the cardholder base can only wane not wax.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by edcho
I'm hoping for this result as well. If it all works out I can just lazily slow-play my EQM to keep a low level of elite status the next few years while I slowly whittle down my RDM balance. Then come maybe 2015 we'll see how it looks in the CLE and determine whether it's worth it to stick with UA longer term.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 12:27 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by dergon darkhelm
I'm hoping for this result as well. If it all works out I can just lazily slow-play my EQM to keep a low level of elite status the next few years while I slowly whittle down my RDM balance. Then come maybe 2015 we'll see how it looks in the CLE and determine whether it's worth it to stick with UA longer term.
If you mean Silver, is that really status anymore?
Old Aug 17, 2012, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by RNE
If you mean Silver, is that really status anymore?
Barely.... but it allows me to use miles to UG to F without a fee and gives some better access to awards. *shrugs* 'Bout all I'm gonna get with how much I fly.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 10:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AC 25K, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by RNE
Indeed. With the Presidential Plus card closed to new applicants, the cardholder base can only wane not wax.
Last week during my monthly call to Chase to complain that the Club card doesn't offer PQMs, the representative told me that they are reintroducing the Presidential Plus card as an option for those who prefer the opportunity to earn Flex PQMs instead of 1.5x RDMs. Has anyone else been told the same thing? I don't know whether to believe it or not.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 12:09 am

Programs: UA 1K MM - AF G – TK G – AZ Ex – Hilton D – Marriott G – IHG P
Originally Posted by Howard
Last week during my monthly call to Chase to complain that the Club card doesn't offer PQMs, the representative told me that they are reintroducing the Presidential Plus card as an option for those who prefer the opportunity to earn Flex PQMs instead of 1.5x RDMs. Has anyone else been told the same thing? I don't know whether to believe it or not.
Hmm... interesting, but I MUCH prefer RDM.

Which raises interesting questions:

That means you get ZERO extra RDM then OR 1x?
Would the FPQM still expire? (Because RDM do not...)
Can you use the FPQM to achieve 1K? (Doubt it, but if you have to give up RDM which don't expire...)
Old Aug 20, 2012, 11:20 am

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AC 25K, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by TomA
That means you get ZERO extra RDM then OR 1x?
Would the FPQM still expire? (Because RDM do not...)
Can you use the FPQM to achieve 1K? (Doubt it, but if you have to give up RDM which don't expire...)
From what I was told, you would get 1x RDM instead of 1.5x RDM, plus 1000 FPQM for each $5000 spent. I don't know the answers to the other two questions.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by Howard
I heard the same thing in a conversation with Chase about two weeks ago. Unfortunately, the representative couldn't provide any detail about when -- only "we plan to reintroduce the card at some point in the future." She also mentioned that this is a customer-driven change. Apparently Chase has been getting lots of complaints about how the new Club card does away with PQMs.

I should add that I've spoken with several other Chase representatives and none of them had heard anything about reintroducing the Presidential Plus card. Not sure what to make of this. Maybe the word hasn't filtered out to everyone yet. Or maybe it won't happen after all.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Interesting my PPlus card is doing 1.5x and FlexEQM according to my rewards profile...
Old Aug 20, 2012, 12:42 pm

Programs: United, AA, Hilton
Originally Posted by Steph3n
Interesting my PPlus card is doing 1.5x and FlexEQM according to my rewards profile...
Sounds like a bank error in your favor. Go directly to go and collect $200^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.