Presidential Plus Card Changes

Old Mar 21, 2012, 10:01 am
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
So, when is the Presidential Plus card going to be renamed PresidentialPlus, in line with UACO's fetish for combining two distinct words into one? (e.g. "MileagePlus," "BusinessFirst")
Old Mar 21, 2012, 10:06 am

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Red_Rob
They ahave not historically converted cards. On the PMCO side when they are discontinued. My wife has a Chase Continental VISA. It does not give a free bag as it was not offered to new customers years before bags were charged for. IIRC all it gives is $1 = 1 mile, 2 for continental (now united) spend
My Chase CO Visa provides a free bag and I've had the card for a long, long, long time.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 10:43 am

Programs: CO (now UA) 1K / Hyatt Platinum / UMPPPC / SLH Honoured
My Feb. PresPlus regular miles posted Feb. 12; my Mar. regular miles posted Mar. 12. I should have 2k FPQM miles posted for Feb. and another 2k FPQM files posted for Mar....still nothing in my account even though some of you are seeing them post.

I know a lot of people blame CO for various problems in this merger, as there are a ton of PMUA flyers on this forum, but I never had problems under CO and the only problems I have had while flying were with UA, both before _and_ after the merger.

PMCO's website always worked like a charm. PMUA's was called .bomb for a reason. Glitches like this didn't seem to happen under PMCO. And, when I called the PMCO Platinum line, I got right through. I have tried the new UA 1K line a few times, but each time after 30 to 40 minutes on hold simply gave up. Time is money.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:01 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by CollegeFlyer
So, when is the Presidential Plus card going to be renamed PresidentialPlus, in line with UACO's fetish for combining two distinct words into one? (e.g. "MileagePlus," "BusinessFirst")
The new name is:

Untied (sic) MileagePlus Presidential Plus Card

according to the letters they sent us . . .
Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:30 am
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by elitefreak
The new name is:

So I am waiting for the name to be updated to:

United MileagePlusPresidentialPlus Card.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by CollegeFlyer
So I am waiting for the name to be updated to:

United MileagePlusPresidentialPlus Card.
ThatCouldHappenVerySoon.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Platinum, others
ThatCouldHappenVerySoon.
Don't make fun. PMUA and PMCO cut overhead by buying a defective lot of keyboards with no space bar. And passed the savings on to you!
Old Mar 21, 2012, 10:21 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
I just received my renewal Presidential Plus MC. It still says Continental Airlines - about 3 weeks after the demise of CO - and it doesn't expire until 2015.

I guess the CO still lives on. And I have not received any letter of a name change from UA. My card is one where the fee is $100 since I have a lifetime CO Pres Club membership - now United Club.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 2:12 pm

Another data point: just called up customer service (my annual fee came due this month), and there's no interest in making any sort of retention offer. Closed my card.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond
The new name is:

I thought you were joking with this, but I got my letter in the mail last week - and indeed, United Airlines refers to itself in this letter to it's most affluent customer base as "Untied Airlines" .. Particularly ironic given the infamous website untied.com, which was set up by disgruntled ex-employees years ago to complain about the company. OOPS.

They also said the numbers would remain the same, meaning they will continue with the Mastercard brand indefinitely.

I am still waiting for my March FEQMs to post, and fully intend to insist they be applied to 2011 status to get me to 1K and to credit my lifetime mileage balance.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 2:38 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by rgrunnah
...and fully intend to insist they be applied to 2011 status to get me to 1K and to credit my lifetime mileage balance.
Good luck.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 2:52 pm

No more new Pres Plus Cards

UA Insider just announced that they will not be accepting any new applications for this card. The United MileagePlus Club card replaces it for anyone who wants a card with club access included.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...fficially.html
Old Mar 27, 2012, 4:52 pm
RNE

This means, of course, that we Presidential Plussers are even more exclusive! Relish your lofty stations, ladies and germs.

RNE, observing (as I pull on my smoking jacket and settle into my mahogany and snakeskin lounger): I can feel my blue blood turning even bluer!
Old Mar 27, 2012, 6:20 pm

Now that they are no longer accepting new cardholders, they should just keep the FEQMs non-expiring. What a hassle for all parties to track the expiring and non-expiring FEQMs!
Old Mar 27, 2012, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by jonu
Now that they are no longer accepting new cardholders, they should just keep the FEQMs non-expiring. What a hassle for all parties to track the expiring and non-expiring FEQMs!
From looking at all the chaos, they might somehow mis-program it and make it 390 months instead of 39 :-p.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.