Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Presidential Plus Card Changes

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2013, 10:59 am
RNE

Is this hyperbole really necessary? Nobody's FPQMs are expiring anytime soon; there's about a year and a half before that can happen.

Flex Elite Qualification Miles (Flex EQMs) will have an expiration date. Flex EQMs earned after January 1, 2012 will expire 39 months after they are deposited. Specifically, Flex EQMs earned beginning after this date can be used at any time during the calendar year in which they were earned, plus three additional calendar years, and will then expire if not redeemed. Flex EQMs earned prior to January 1, 2012, will continue to have no expiration date.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16766648-post1.html
Old Sep 24, 2013, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA Plat/AA,DL Dirt/HH Diamond,Hyatt Something-ist/Hz Prez,Avis Pres Club
Originally Posted by paule123
To answer my own question -- the farelock went through today and in the final confirmation email the 1st bag is $0, 2nd bag $35 and the verbiage under baggage allowance now says:

No mention of the MileagePlus Business card benefit (or the PP card benefit). I suppose my Silver status trumps the MP Business card benefit? Whatever. I won't make this mistake again and will use the PP card for all future bookings... and be warned not to trust the initial booking screen, another system bug I suppose.
Saw the same thing yesterday but knew to expect it--$0 shown for both bags, then $0 for one and $35 for the other after ticketing. Would use my Pres Plus card (always do for personal travel still) but employer now requires using their Purchasing Visa card since they get a 1% rebate or something--hope they enjoy paying $70 in bag fees in order to get a $5 rebate on my ticket that in past days would have been purchased by me and reimbursed after travel (that is, me floating employer a loan for months too). Then they wonder why there is a budget problem at work.....

The $0 being shown for each bag is buggy though--It showed it AFTER a confirmation number was issued, showing "Visa" as the method of payment. The system should already know right then that a Pres Plus MasterCard wasn't used and not show $0 for second bag.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 6:43 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Have PP card which allows two free bags. If I book a flight through my account for a family number only (not me) paying with the PP card will the two free bag feature still apply?
Old Nov 14, 2013, 7:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K
No. Card benefits are for card member and one traveling companion. Unless you are flying, they get nothing.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 10:46 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Do card benefits extend to an authorized user?
Old Dec 12, 2013, 7:21 am

Programs: many
Originally Posted by milesmilesmiles
Do card benefits extend to an authorized user?
Terms say primary cardholder, but I've not tested other than baggage and close in fees (I was traveling), and of which I've had to fight UA over at times

They just offered a $100 statement credit for me to keep it
Old Jan 5, 2015, 11:44 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
This thread has gotten long and cumbersome plus the original topic -- "changes" is a bit dated -- so time to close. Capture all the 2014 posting and created http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...14-2015-a.html.

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.