Presidential Plus Card Changes

Old Nov 17, 2011, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by pcharles
I dont think this answers your question, but just so you know, both the older (last year's version of the) CO PP card and the recent (last month's) CO PP card, though both physically a little different from each other, both list World Elite above the MC logo.

Hope you got the PP with the first year annual fee waived.

What's the new one look like? I thought they were going to make it look closer to the explorer card.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 5:55 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by joshwex90
Has anyone been successful? So now, you have to pay the regular $395 fee, and that's it? No statement credit even?
Haven't heard if anyone's been successful, but yes, I have to pay the full fee without credit.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 7:59 am

Forgive me if this has been asked, but does the P+ credit card still get you half price drinks at the United Club? It did at the old CO clubs. Thanks.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 8:34 am

Sam,

Most drinks are free once in the club, for everyone, except for some premium liquors.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 6:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold, Hilton Preferential Gold VIP, Hyatt Platinum, United Club
Originally Posted by bartonhill
Is the problem of upgrading to 1K with flex miles for 2011 for 2012 flights now fixed, as predicted?
Hello bartonhill:

The short answer is: Yes, it appears to be fixed. I was able to upgrade online to 2012 1K status using my Chase PP FEQMs, and my 1K status is indeed now showing in my United account (and on my United tickets). So it worked for me, as UAInsider promised it would. In addition, my used FEQMs showed up in my Million Miler balance because I used them before Jan 1st (an added bonus).

That said, as I described in detail in my post, there were some technical glitches along the way (maybe because I was the very first to use my 2011 FEQMs to reach 1K in 2012?). Also, in my long discussions with OPSC that day, I was also told the online system would only allow you to upgrade one level at a time using FEQMs -- meaning if you are below 75K miles, you would have to upgrade once to get to 75K/Platinum, and then would have to do a second, separate transfer of miles to get from 75K to 100K (if I understood them right).

In any event, despite the fact that it worked for me, I would urge anyone considering doing this not to wait for the last minute in December to do so -- in case there are still any technical issues remaining. I would not want to be explaining to OPSC, AFTER the Jan 1st policy change, that I "had tried to transfer my FEQMs before the deadline, but the system would not let me."
Old Nov 18, 2011, 7:23 pm
uwr

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K
Originally Posted by amartin1979
How long does it take for United Club membership to arrive after receiving the credit card? How do I access the lounge in the meantime while waiting for my United Club card to arrive?
It took 6 weeks for my United Club card to arrive.

Originally Posted by joshwex90
Has anyone been successful? So now, you have to pay the regular $395 fee, and that's it? No statement credit even?
on a different thread, shanshan posted this code for a waiver of the $395 fee:

apply at presidentialplus.com/vip
code: DFM5URF52N7

It was originally supposed to expire on Oct 15, but it is STILL WORKING. Use this code if you want the card with a fee waiver for the first year.

I applied for the card (with an offer of a $95 statement credit) just a few days before shanshan posted the code. After I got my card, I sent a secure message to Chase telling them about this code, and they retroactively credited the remaining $300. So even if you have already applied and been approved, you can try asking for a credit of the annual fee. Just be sure to include the offer code.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 7:35 am

Programs: many
Originally Posted by greatwave
What's the new one look like? I thought they were going to make it look closer to the explorer card.
The new card has the acct #, exp, and name raised (stamped through) on the front like any atypical regular card along with the MC logo; then the back, signature line, cvv code. Still continental information, no united verbiage.

The older version had all the info on the rear with less than raised information, much harder to read. The card was nice to have in Canada to avoid foreign transaction fees. But also a slight learning curve. Every vendor in British Columbia at first thought I was simply handing them a business card (they had trouble turning it over to see it was a cc); so I got into the habit of also handing it or placing in the restaurant bill folder with the backside up so the cc info was at first sight.
I had no other pauses handling the card elsewhere I went prior; indonesia, Japan, china. The new card will run more smoothly but it has less cool factor than the sapphire preferred.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 7:46 am

Anybody know of an active code for business PP??
Old Nov 19, 2011, 10:09 am

Programs: UA MP Plat 1MM, 2V S+, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat
I am curious if for those that have boatloads of FEQMs it makes sense to convert them to EQMs before the end of the year so that they become part of ones lifetime mileage. I understand in the new United MP only BIS miles will count towards lifetime, but at the point of entry into the new program CO lifetime EQMs will count towards the base lifetime miles in the new program.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
I am curious if for those that have boatloads of FEQMs it makes sense to convert them to EQMs before the end of the year so that they become part of ones lifetime mileage. I understand in the new United MP only BIS miles will count towards lifetime, but at the point of entry into the new program CO lifetime EQMs will count towards the base lifetime miles in the new program.
If you're going to be OK with your ongoing FEQM accumulation, I see no reason not to dump as many FEQM into your account so they do get added to that MM count.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 4:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE
Originally Posted by tj722
As of the end of October, I have had no problems getting the PP Card benefits on UA Operated flights (free bags, elite security line, zone 1 boarding). I make sure my Continental OP number is on the reservation before check-in. My flights were out of DCA and ORD.

My UA and CO numbers are linked but I don't think that makes a difference (as I'm using my CO number).
Are you booking through ual.com or continental.com? Thanks!
Old Nov 19, 2011, 8:31 pm

Programs: *G, M+ Platinum
Originally Posted by entropy
If you're going to be OK with your ongoing FEQM accumulation, I see no reason not to dump as many FEQM into your account so they do get added to that MM count.
Except that your current FEQM never expire.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ~tc~
Except that your current FEQM never expire.
My father always taught me to Never say never. Never is a LONG time.

Who knows what will happen. I don't think anything has officially come out saying either way what will happen with them. If someone has seen something please post link.

(note, I personally don't care as I have never been on CO)
Old Nov 20, 2011, 8:13 am

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Originally Posted by Jishnum
COUA/Chase have still not addressed whether FlexEQM's earned prior to 2012 will count towards lifetime whenever applied. I and others are anxiously awaiting word.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mbreuer
COUA/Chase have still not addressed whether FlexEQM's earned prior to 2012 will count towards lifetime whenever applied. I and others are anxiously awaiting word.
Why would they? Going forward 2012-onward, UA/CO BIS is the only thing that will add to lifetime mileage (a good change IMO) - that has been made very clear.

If you want your FEQM added to lifetime mileage, you have until 12/31. Otherwise, it's just annual EQM in the future.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.