Presidential Plus Card Changes

Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:32 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by sailanacra
So how are you supposed to track how many you need miles you need to make 1K? I know I've transferred some Flex PQMs a few times this year, but I don't remember exactly how many. When you hover over the "graph" on your elite status, it says that it may be incorrect on how many PQMs are needed to make 1K. Does this apply to the numerical figure as well?

It seems like if they could run a program to exclude the miles from counting, they could use the same program to tell you how many you need!
you can deconstruct your FEQM transfers by going over your past MP account statements. But you are correct the online displays could be misleading. The hover idea is good but probably only needed by a small part of the population.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 7:56 am

Programs: UA-1K--1MM, SPG- Titanium, HH-Diamond, Marriott - Platinum, Hertz - Presidents Circle, Global Entry
Well apparently United is keeping track but I track my own progress. I don't trust them. I think you can look at your account history to figure out how many you transferred in no?

Originally Posted by sailanacra
So how are you supposed to track how many you need miles you need to make 1K? I know I've transferred some Flex PQMs a few times this year, but I don't remember exactly how many. When you hover over the "graph" on your elite status, it says that it may be incorrect on how many PQMs are needed to make 1K. Does this apply to the numerical figure as well?

It seems like if they could run a program to exclude the miles from counting, they could use the same program to tell you how many you need!
Old Nov 26, 2012, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM, JPMorgan Reserve, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP
Thumbs down (Flex EQM) No Global Premier Upgrades awarded

Hello,

i researched a bit and didn't find the right answer.

I just got off the phone with the 1K Helpdesk. I reached 150K Elite Miles in late October and the additional Regional and Global awards didn't post yet.

I was told today that the reason is, that i used 10K Flexible Elite Miles (from Presidential Plus CC) earlier in the year and those don't count towards the Upgrade Certificate Threshold.

Did you guys ever hear of something like that?

Cheers
Old Nov 26, 2012, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
They don't count towards anything over 75K - you'll need to get another 10K EQM to get those extra instruments
Old Nov 26, 2012, 3:25 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM
FlexEQM are not counted toward the 100k milestone. In fact, they are not counted "above" 75k EQM.

While I don't see it anywhere, it does stand to reason that the same would be true for milestones above 100k.

Originally Posted by hawata
Hello,

i researched a bit and didn't find the right answer.

I just got off the phone with the 1K Helpdesk. I reached 150K Elite Miles in late October and the additional Regional and Global awards didn't post yet.

I was told today that the reason is, that i used 10K Flexible Elite Miles (from Presidential Plus CC) earlier in the year and those don't count towards the Upgrade Certificate Threshold.

Did you guys ever hear of something like that?

Cheers
Old Nov 26, 2012, 3:33 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by hawata
it was announced last year
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...d-changes.html

and a few of the many threads on this
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...flex-eqms.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...celerator.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...us-thread.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ier-miles.html
Old Nov 26, 2012, 4:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
Well, that answers my question - can't use flexEQM to get GPUs/RPUs, making them absolutely worthless to me... Chase Sapphire here I come!
Old Nov 26, 2012, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by raehl311
Well, that answers my question - can't use flexEQM to get GPUs/RPUs, making them absolutely worthless to me... Chase Sapphire here I come!
For you, this is true, but some can earn RPUs via flex if getting to Platinum.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 7:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by aacharya
For you, this is true, but some can earn RPUs via flex if getting to Platinum.
Right, the root point is that Presidential Plus is a poor card choice for anyone who makes 1K. Will take my personal card to Saphhire and my business card to United Club card most likely.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:15 pm

Programs: DL Gold
Right, the root point is that Presidential Plus is a poor card choice for anyone who makes 1K.
Yep. But it's perfect for someone like me who does approximately 75K some years and much lower others.... with my FEQM over 3 years I can keep at Plat instead of bouncing around.

Will take my personal card to Saphhire and my business card to United Club card most likely.
Club is better than PresPlus for 1K... same benefits otherwise but more RDM instead of FEQM they won't use.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:18 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM, AA P 2MM, DL PM, US P, VS G, SPG LT P, HH D, HYATT P, PC P, AVIS PC, HERTZ PLAT
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
They don't count towards anything over 75K - you'll need to get another 10K EQM to get those extra instruments
I was afraid that was what was going to happen. That was enough for me to finally dump this card.

Just called Chase.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 7:22 am

Programs: United - GS, Hilton - Diamond, Starwood - Gold
I can confirm what the poster a few posts above said (about not earning RPUs or GPUs when over 150k miles) .. it happened to me too.

I thought that because I transferred my flex miles earned with the credit card earlier in the year (Jan) - they didn't program it in... but they must have done a recent program change and included it in the calcs. (I crossed over 100k miles and got the GPUs/RPUs without any difficulty a few months ago.)

I crossed over 125k miles a few weeks back and didn't get the extra RPUs. Called first into the GS desk and they transferred me to the Mileage Plus 1K desk. They accidentally disconnected me after I explained the situation and she must have processed the 2 extra RPUs anyway after we got disconnected. When I called back after I got disconnected, the new agent looked into it and told me that I didn't get the extra RPUs because of the transferred flex miles from the credit card put me over the threshold, but that the previous agent processed it, so I got lucky. Don't know if it was just because the previous agent didn't know better or my GS status or what.

Last edited by lcnyc123; Dec 24, 2012 at 7:24 am Reason: clarity
Old Jan 25, 2013, 8:12 am

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever had luck getting Chase to lower the interest rate on this card? I typically pay this card off in full on a monthly basis but will need to carry the balance for a few months. The 14% APR I have had seems a bit high, especially since my other cards are all several points lower and I have a pretty good credit score.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 9:10 am
Formerly known as mmihalik

Originally Posted by JustTravel
Out of curiosity, has anyone ever had luck getting Chase to lower the interest rate on this card? I typically pay this card off in full on a monthly basis but will need to carry the balance for a few months. The 14% APR I have had seems a bit high, especially since my other cards are all several points lower and I have a pretty good credit score.
Can't hurt to call and ask, but I recommend a visit to your bank or credit union; you'll get a much more favorable rate on a signature loan.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 5:42 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by JustTravel
Or do you receive those credit card checks with 0% APR for one year and a 2- to 3-percent fee?

RNE, musing that I could paper my living room with all the checks I receive.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.