Presidential Plus Card Changes

Old Sep 18, 2012, 3:41 pm
RNE

If they're that sturdy, use 'em as an impromptu knee defender.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 7:33 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Originally Posted by timbre
I received mine yesterday as well. The metal card is cool.
Same here, but it seems when the metal PPlus card is in my wallet, my transit card and building pass won't work by simply tapping my wallet against the sensor as I used to... don't know if anyone else has experienced that.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by Say Vandelay
Originally Posted by timbre
I received mine yesterday as well. The metal card is cool.
Same here, but it seems when the metal PPlus card is in my wallet, my transit card and building pass won't work by simply tapping my wallet against the sensor as I used to... don't know if anyone else has experienced that.
Yeah, I have the same problem with my SmarTrip card on the DC metro. I find that the metro card works better if it's on the opposite side of the wallet from the PPlus card.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 8:49 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Say Vandelay
they could market this as a new feature -- RFID shield, prevents identity theft....
Old Sep 18, 2012, 9:51 pm

I melted mine with a butane cigar lighter. Doubt any identity theft is happening with that now. Pretty sure those fumes aren't good for you though.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:11 pm

Programs: many
Originally Posted by fragment54
I melted mine with a butane cigar lighter. Doubt any identity theft is happening with that now. Pretty sure those fumes aren't good for you though.
Melted+butane+lighter+fumes+fragment= pyro
Old Sep 19, 2012, 6:58 am

Programs: UA-1Kmm, AA-EX Plt mm-, Hilton Diamond,
I just switched from the Presidential Plus Card to the Club card. I was able to keep my same MasterCard account number. For me the balance was really in being able to earn more redeemable miles. Qualifying miles and enhanced elite status are simply not worth nearly as much as they used to be.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
I got the new card by ups the other day, metal all that, and yea it changed my terms with it. I shouldn't have said anything!
Old Sep 19, 2012, 7:39 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LTT, Hyatt Exp, AA 1MM, UA Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Retention offer/bargaining?

Not sure if this is the right place, so delete/move if necessary....

I'm near the end of my free first year, and am about to get hit with the $395 annual feel (I have the PP, not the club card). I've enjoyed the UC access, but I'm having trouble justifying the annual fee. I'm curious if others have threatened to cancel and if so, were there any retention offers?
Old Sep 20, 2012, 4:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA Million Miler, Hertz #1, Five Star, Marriott Gold
They are metal! Got new PP cards recently, but have not activated them. After reading this thread, I checked the cards, and they are indeed metal! Don't recall anything on the Chase website or in the brochure that comes with the card about the thing being metal.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 5:37 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by svancleavemd
They are metal! Got new PP cards recently, but have not activated them. After reading this thread, I checked the cards, and they are indeed metal! Don't recall anything on the Chase website or in the brochure that comes with the card about the thing being metal.
There's one thing I'm not sure about from your post, because you mentioned it only three times. Are the cards metal
Old Sep 20, 2012, 8:31 pm

Programs: CO Gold, SPG Gold
I've been thinking about how to get rid of a card since I can't cut them up anymore (and I don't want to go buy tin snips or aviation shears).

I asked and confirmed that I can just take them into a Chase branch and give it to them to dispose of.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 1:05 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Originally Posted by wizzy
Not sure if this is the right place, so delete/move if necessary....

I'm near the end of my free first year, and am about to get hit with the $395 annual feel (I have the PP, not the club card). I've enjoyed the UC access, but I'm having trouble justifying the annual fee. I'm curious if others have threatened to cancel and if so, were there any retention offers?
I feel the same way especially with the more crowded clubs and reduced offerings. My renewal date is 10/1 so I called today. No retention offer when I mentioned cancelling the card. I might move to the MP explorer and take advantage of the free year and bonus miles. Did you have better luck?
Old Sep 27, 2012, 9:18 am

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by soccerguy985
Sounds like a rogue CSR.
I've yet to talk to any CSR other than a rogue CSR. Is there even such a thing as a non-rogue CSR?
Old Oct 2, 2012, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA PLT LT & 2MM, HH D, MAR PLT EL LT
If you cancel the card do you keep you FQMs or lose them?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.