Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The infamous JFK-FRA SQ25 Route

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2008, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by trach500
What about C class on this flight? What kind of lounge is available? Is it the LH business lounge? Will be flying this in a few months.
At JFK, you will have access to the Oasis Lounge.

At FRA, there is an LH Business lounge in the rotunda adjacent to the SQ gate (upstairs).
Old Jul 16, 2008, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by jspear
DL apparently has a dedicated SQ desk. The rep I spoke with yesterday (Francisco) confirmed that JFK-FRA-SIN-FRA-JFK is indeed a 140k award for F. He also told me that DL reps have been instructed to first look for this routing and only if unavailable try EWR-SIN-EWR.
Thanks for the info. My main concern is that with the 2 week stop in FRA, SQ (or DL) would consider it two trips.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by rolov
Sorry to bring this up again
I am flying F next sat JFK-FRA-SIN
Which lounge should I use
Im planning on going to the VS CH @ JFK , but that is landside,
Is there anything after security ?
And in FRA I know the time is an issue , so the choices are limited.
Any suggestions ?
The Clubhouse is the place to go @ JFK, and go early to get the full experience. I posted pics and an overview in my trip report. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=844143

All the lounges are landside, and there is nothing redeeming about anything past security anyway. Although not marked for Premium pax, go to the Clear lane.

Last edited by SFO777; Jul 16, 2008 at 10:59 am
Old Jul 16, 2008, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
Thanks SFO777
and great report btw.

Only a few days until my trip
Old Jul 16, 2008, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks SFO777
and great report btw.

Only a few days until my trip
Have a great trip, you'll love it... and say hi to Nikki for me in the Clubhouse.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

thanks
My trip is not Quite RTW , but F on JFK-FRA-SIN and SIN-MLE in C
and returning in C MLE-SIN-EWR should be fun .
Old Jul 16, 2008, 3:38 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
thanks
My trip is not Quite RTW , but F on JFK-FRA-SIN and SIN-MLE in C
and returning in C MLE-SIN-EWR should be fun .
Actually, this is considered to be a RTW routing (i.e., JFK-FRA-SIN = TATL, SIN-EWR = TPAC).
Old Jul 16, 2008, 3:56 pm

Programs: Whatever will get me out of Y and into C or F!
Originally Posted by Savage25
2. With a C seat and no status, you will get access to the T4 Skyview lounge in JFK (which also doubles as the NW WorldClub) and the RCC in FRA.
The one at T4 in JFK is a very, very nice lounge, IMHO.

Originally Posted by Savage25
3. This is not an american airline. Alcohol is free. See the menus threads for sample drink menus in both classes.
True, but it is an airline based in a part of the world with a large muslim population, so the OP's question is not off base. Try ordering a drink on neighbor-airline Royal Brunei!!
Old Jul 16, 2008, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by as219
Actually, this is considered to be a RTW routing (i.e., JFK-FRA-SIN = TATL, SIN-EWR = TPAC).
I thought about this , but what if the SIN-EWR goes polar , then its not really TPAC
Old Jul 16, 2008, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
I thought about this , but what if the SIN-EWR goes polar , then its not really TPAC
Try telling that to UA when you're booking a NYC-SIN award...
Old Jul 16, 2008, 6:21 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
For purposes of paid RTWs it is considered trans-pacific as the origin and destination are in asia and north america respectively.

In practice, SIN-EWR (in that direction) will never get close to the North Pole due to prevailing winds (more efficient to fly over Alaska and Canada).
Old Jul 16, 2008, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
For purposes of paid RTWs it is considered trans-pacific as the origin and destination are in asia and north america respectively.

In practice, SIN-EWR (in that direction) will never get close to the North Pole due to prevailing winds (more efficient to fly over Alaska and Canada).
this was my flight map last summer Other times we have gone up to Japan and Over Alaska and Canada .
Old Jul 19, 2008, 10:02 am

Programs: HH Gold, Alaska MVP Gold
just had a wonderful experience aboard SQ25 jfk-fra. great FAs who made the flight truly memorable.

the VS clubhouse was nice, i do think they need to hire new servers though..at least the food was halfway decent. oh and they might consider cleaning it as well, i noticed it was a bit dirty. i sat down at the far end by the window and had a nice view of the comings and goings. unfortunately i forgot to try out the star alliance gold lounge next door..next time.

one note about clearing security is that you should walk up to the left side of the entrance to the security lines and show your BP to one of the TSA geniuses..that gets you into the lane with the shorter line, but when i was there it really didnt matter as all lanes emptied into the same place..so having the F BP didnt really do anything in that situation.
Old Jul 19, 2008, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Im flying JFK-FRA-SIN today and just had the pleasure of paying 150 bucks
for having too many surfboards in my surfboard bag. The wanted to charge me 300 , 150 per board. I argued that it is not on the website , and that they really should make it clear about the charges. I spoke to a person on the phone and they were able to lower it to 150.
I was a little upset that the local staff were telling me I am already over the allowed baggage limits and they should charge more. Which I was not , I explained that we are flying F and are allowed 2 bags each , and im KF gold and should be given an extra piece allowance.
The Person on the phone said I should pay the fee and bring this up with customer relations.
Old Jul 19, 2008, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm flying JFK-FRA-SIN today and just had the pleasure of paying 150 bucks for having too many surfboards in my surfboard bag. The wanted to charge me 300, 150 per boards.
Wonder if he realizes that it will cost him another $150-$300 to get his boards home?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.