Wiki Posts
Search

The infamous JFK-FRA SQ25 Route

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2008, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
Originally Posted by SFO777
Wonder if he realizes that it will cost him another $150-$300 to get his boards home?
Last year I flew home from MLE minus a board , it broke while surfing .
And in MLE , they don't usually ask how many boards you have in your bag. (Crossing fingers)
BTW : No Nikki @ VS clubhouse yesterday
Old Jul 22, 2008, 10:40 am

Programs: UA Gold, AA Platinum, DL Silver, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Going from NYC-FRA next week in bus. class and trying to decide between CO and SQ. Know that SQ has far superior service but the mileage differential seems pretty great. I'm Gold on CO (and actually close to Platinum) so CO would offer 250% miles (100% gold bonus and 50% class of service). Understand that SQ would only give 25% class of service and doesn't even give any bonus to UA elite. Is that correct? Any other mileage considerations that might tip the scales? Thanks.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by letsgomets
Going from NYC-FRA next week in bus. class and trying to decide between CO and SQ. Know that SQ has far superior service but the mileage differential seems pretty great. I'm Gold on CO (and actually close to Platinum) so CO would offer 250% miles (100% gold bonus and 50% class of service). Understand that SQ would only give 25% class of service and doesn't even give any bonus to UA elite. Is that correct? Any other mileage considerations that might tip the scales? Thanks.
An American carrier's (exception being UA) business class compared to an international carrier's business class?????

No comparison. Screw the mileage and go SQ
Old Jul 22, 2008, 7:24 pm

I completely agree with above poster... SQ is so fabulous that you should not miss the opportunity...
Old Jul 22, 2008, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hyatt DIA, *W/IC Plat, HH Gold, A3 *G, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by letsgomets
Why not put your SQ25 flight miles on a BMI Diamond Club card?

I believe you'll earn the most miles that way...
Old Jul 22, 2008, 8:20 pm

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SASfan
Why not put your SQ25 flight miles on a BMI Diamond Club card?

I believe you'll earn the most miles that way...
1.5x only for SQ C on BD. Will earn 2x if credited to LH.
Old Jul 24, 2008, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by rolov
Im flying JFK-FRA-SIN today and just had the pleasure of paying 150 bucks
for having too many surfboards in my surfboard bag. The wanted to charge me 300 , 150 per board. I argued that it is not on the website , and that they really should make it clear about the charges. I spoke to a person on the phone and they were able to lower it to 150.
Flew JFK-FRA-SIN-DPS in first as well and didn't have a problem. Had two bags to check and a board bag with two boards in it.......this is probably the only time I've benefitted from being PPS with SQ though.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
Originally Posted by gtownflyer
Flew JFK-FRA-SIN-DPS in first as well and didn't have a problem. Had two bags to check and a board bag with two boards in it.......this is probably the only time I've benefitted from being PPS with SQ though.
No problems last night checking the boards in MLE.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 2:51 am

Programs: SU Bonus, SK EBG, BD Silver, HH Diamond
Just booked award seat in F for SQ025 on 19th September and interested in "book the cook" opinions. I've already noticed that Lobster is quite famous and praised by many, but what about other options, especially those

= Pecan crusted veal with red onion marmalade and candied sweet potatoes

= Roast Long Island duck with natural jus, roasted vegetables, and red-skin potatoes

= Roast rack of lamb with natural jus, roasted vegetables, and creamy garlic mash
Old Aug 6, 2008, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gtownflyer
Just flew this route in August and was admitted into the VS Clubhouse with just my F boarding pass. You are also allowed one guest. Just one guest.

I specifically asked the agent who checked me in he confirmed these rules for me.
Question: If SO and I are flying SQ F on a *A award JFK-FRA, can we each bring one guest into the VSCH even if the guests are not on our flight?
Old Aug 6, 2008, 5:54 pm

Yes, it's one guest per eligible passenger. So, you would both be allowed to bring in a guest.

This doesn't apply at other Virgin Clubhouses, though - no guests when accessing other Clubhouses when on an SQ flight. JFK is an exception because it's the official SQ contract lounge, so the Star rules on lounge access apply.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by Xevus
Just booked award seat in F for SQ025 on 19th September and interested in "book the cook" opinions. I've already noticed that Lobster is quite famous and praised by many, but what about other options, especially those

= Pecan crusted veal with red onion marmalade and candied sweet potatoes

= Roast Long Island duck with natural jus, roasted vegetables, and red-skin potatoes

= Roast rack of lamb with natural jus, roasted vegetables, and creamy garlic mash
The rack of lamb can be nice. My experiences are 50/50... Once it was cooked perfectly (rare) and I loved it, the other time it was overcooked, tough and dry so I sent it back and ordered off the regular menu.

I haven't tried the others, but nothing sounds good about poultry from Long Island.
Old Aug 7, 2008, 3:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by stargold
Yes, it's one guest per eligible passenger. So, you would both be allowed to bring in a guest.

This doesn't apply at other Virgin Clubhouses, though - no guests when accessing other Clubhouses when on an SQ flight. JFK is an exception because it's the official SQ contract lounge, so the Star rules on lounge access apply.
I wonder how long this will last with the new LX lounge right next door to the VS Clubhouse?
Old Aug 7, 2008, 3:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
duplicate post

Last edited by dukeman; Aug 7, 2008 at 3:17 am Reason: duplicate post -- internet froze
Old Aug 7, 2008, 7:58 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dukeman
I wonder how long this will last with the new LX lounge right next door to the VS Clubhouse?
Considering the old LX lounge was also next door to the VS Clubhouse years ago...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.