The infamous JFK-FRA SQ25 Route

Old Aug 9, 09, 2:35 pm

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Power ports

Hi can anyone tell me if the SQ F on the 744 have standard or empower ports?
Old Aug 9, 09, 4:22 pm

Regular power outlets.
Old Aug 9, 09, 11:47 pm

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Originally Posted by gtownflyer
Regular power outlets.
Sweet thanks. Very happy, one less thing to take.
Old May 8, 10, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
FYI for anyone flying this route from JFK:

Last night when I checked in at JFK they were asking everyone to weigh their carry-ons, they said they are now enforcing the 7Kg rule even in C & F at JFK, I had to take something out of my bag and put it back on the scale. I was told they would weigh my bag again at the gate but that never happened.
Old May 8, 10, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, AF Gold Emirates Gold, LH Senator *Gold, AA LT PLT 2mm
Originally Posted by rolov
Last night when I checked in at JFK they were asking everyone to weigh their carry-ons, they said they are now enforcing the 7Kg rule even in C & F at JFK, I had to take something out of my bag and put it back on the scale. I was told they would weigh my bag again at the gate but that never happened.
Did they actually have a scale at the gate??
I can't imagine that being a high priority to the gate agents who have enough to do just trying to load and get the flight out on time.
Old May 8, 10, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SFO777
Did they actually have a scale at the gate??
I can't imagine that being a high priority to the gate agents who have enough to do just trying to load and get the flight out on time.
No scale at the gate, even though the check in staff insisted there would be one, there was an agent with gate check tags standing in the jetway at the point where you turn towards the first door on the 744. I did not see her pull anyone over for weight check, but I had a blue boarding pass. She may have been looking for the green ones
Old May 8, 10, 12:21 pm

What rubbish is that? My carry on always weighs 10kg plus, with laptop and everything included. Completely irrational rule.
Old May 8, 10, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, AF Gold Emirates Gold, LH Senator *Gold, AA LT PLT 2mm
No scale at the gate, even though the check in staff insisted there would be one, there was an agent with gate check tags standing in the jetway at the point where you turn towards the first door on the 744. I did not see her pull anyone over for weight check, but I had a blue boarding pass. She may have been looking for the green ones
Something tells me even the check-in agent wouldn't have hassled you if you had a red/burgundy BP.
Old May 8, 10, 3:56 pm

Might have had something to do with the long re-route via the south Atlantic and Spain account volcanic ash. They might have wanted very precise weights for the fuel calculations...............
Old May 10, 10, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bitterroot
Might have had something to do with the long re-route via the south Atlantic and Spain account volcanic ash. They might have wanted very precise weights for the fuel calculations...............
You are probably correct, and the flight was full in Y, 3 seats open in C, and I did not get a look in F.

Last edited by rolov; May 10, 10 at 7:37 am
Old May 10, 10, 7:58 am
2zz

Programs: SQ, UA, US, TG
Originally Posted by SFO777
Something tells me even the check-in agent wouldn't have hassled you if you had a red/burgundy BP.
Not true. Was in F and the check-in agent insisted that I check-in my >7kg carry-on. But he waived the additional fee that was supposed to be charged since it was my fourth checked luggage.

Heard some rumour that it was because they got sued by some guy injured on the head by "falling luggage" from overhead compartment?
Old May 10, 10, 8:01 am
2zz

Programs: SQ, UA, US, TG
Originally Posted by 2zz
Not true. Was in F and the check-in agent insisted that I check-in my >7kg carry-on. But he waived the additional fee that was supposed to be charged since it was my fourth checked luggage.

Heard some rumour that it was because they got sued by some guy injured on the head by "falling luggage" from overhead compartment?
Then again, my carry-on was definitely way more than 7kg, probably closer to 15kg. A 15kg "falling luggage" would probably cause exponentially worse head injury compared to a 7kg "falling luggage"?
Old May 10, 10, 10:09 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Helps to have a 747 on this route. A 777 would not be allowed to fly such a path.
Old May 10, 10, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aster
Helps to have a 747 on this route. A 777 would not be allowed to fly such a path.
I wonder what path the May 8th JFK-FRA took, I saw it arrive in FRA around 16:00 on the 9th
Old May 10, 10, 5:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hilton, Marriott Rewards,SPG
I just checked in for tonights JFK-FRA SQ flight 25. I am in F and the check in agent hassled me about the carry on weight limit. . I was bringing only carry on (my trusty Crew 4 24" suiter and a backpack). He made me put the larger bag on the scale. Actually rolled his eyes at me when he saw the weight.

He said to me "I will let you on THIS time, but next time remember the carry on limit"
I said "Even in F"
He said "Even in F"

Crazy. Considering how much I spent on the ticket. On the plus side I am in the Virgin Clubhouse (which SQ F gives you access to) and just had a delicious Tilapia and 3 Glenlivet scotch drinks. So perhaps things are looking up!

Search this Thread