Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The infamous JFK-FRA SQ25 Route

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2008, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hyatt DIA, *W/IC Plat, HH Gold, A3 *G, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by chrisksc
If you are *Gold, you can use the Swiss (LX) lounge which is next to VS CH. IMHO the LX lounge is much better than the Oassis lounge.

Enjoy!
I've booked award tickets for my in-laws in Sep flying JFK - FRA on SQ25.

Which is the best lounge for them to use, the VS CH?
Old Jun 22, 2008, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by SASfan
I've booked award tickets for my in-laws in Sep flying JFK - FRA on SQ25.

Which is the best lounge for them to use, the VS CH?
What class of service and what status do they have?

VS CH is for F pax only.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hyatt DIA, *W/IC Plat, HH Gold, A3 *G, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by anc-ord772
What class of service and what status do they have? VS CH is for F pax only.
They will be in SQ J, Business Class, on that flight.

I'll be seeing them off at the airport, and was wondering if I could get them into the lounge that's landside.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 12:42 pm

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Sorry for being thick, but what tickets did you show her? Was it a paper ticket or an e-ticket receipt henry999?
Paper.

cheers,

Henry
Old Jun 22, 2008, 2:03 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some

I see. Sorry for being thick, but what tickets did you show her? Was it a paper ticket or an e-ticket receipt henry999?

Great, so in essence I just need to present two warm bodies and the "dragon" will take care of the rest.
For me in a similar situation (a couple of years ago) I showed my paper ticket and was admitted to VS CH. I still had to leave the lounge to get checked in though. Lounge reception had a list of names of eligible guests and my name was on it.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 2:05 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by SASfan
They will be in SQ J, Business Class, on that flight.

I'll be seeing them off at the airport, and was wondering if I could get them into the lounge that's landside.
If they don't have *G status then the only lounge available is the Oasis lounge, and they will not be able to bring in a guest.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 4:50 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by henry999
Paper.
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
For me in a similar situation (a couple of years ago) I showed my paper ticket and was admitted to VS CH. I still had to leave the lounge to get checked in though. Lounge reception had a list of names of eligible guests and my name was on it.
Hmm, our names will be on the list, but we have e-tickets, should be fine.
Old Jun 27, 2008, 11:52 am

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Do F pax on SQ25 -- the JFK-FRA segment only -- get amenity kits and pjs?

I've been reading conflicting reports, though the threads are old, so who knows.

Thanks.
Old Jun 27, 2008, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by as219
No pjs on 28 May. Amenity kit in a nice-looking 'Salvatore Ferragamo' bag but I can't tell you the contents since mine is still in the clear plastic outer wrapper, with a 'Security Sealed' sticker holding it closed. We never use this stuff; we bring the kits home and give them to kids we know, who get much more enjoyment out of them than we ever would.

Actually, I've been meaning to comment about this flight and maybe now is as good a time as any. It was our first trip in SQ F, after quite a few in J. Somewhat disappointing! The trans-Pac in F on NH was far superior. One telling thing about SQ: I still have a pen they gave us in J about seven or eight years ago. It is _much_ nicer than the one we got in F this time!

cheers,

Henry
Old Jun 27, 2008, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by henry999
No pjs on 28 May. Amenity kit in a nice-looking 'Salvatore Ferragamo' bag but I can't tell you the contents since mine is still in the clear plastic outer wrapper, with a 'Security Sealed' sticker holding it closed. We never use this stuff; we bring the kits home and give them to kids we know, who get much more enjoyment out of them than we ever would.

Actually, I've been meaning to comment about this flight and maybe now is as good a time as any. It was our first trip in SQ F, after quite a few in J. Somewhat disappointing! The trans-Pac in F on NH was far superior. One telling thing about SQ: I still have a pen they gave us in J about seven or eight years ago. It is _much_ nicer than the one we got in F this time!

cheers,

Henry
Thanks for posting. Did you not get pjs because they weren't loaded or because they're no longer offered on this flight?

Also, if I may ask, why was it disappointing?
Old Jun 27, 2008, 1:41 pm

I've been reading conflicting reports, though the threads are old, so who knows.

Thanks.
I flew SQ25 (JFK-FRA only) five weeks ago and received the pajamas and an amenity kit.

I thought the service was very good as usual and the load was 7/12. If you have any specific questions, let me know.
Old Jun 27, 2008, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by dsimon
I flew SQ25 (JFK-FRA only) five weeks ago and received the pajamas and an amenity kit.

I thought the service was very good as usual and the load was 7/12. If you have any specific questions, let me know.
Just out of curiosity, did you find the service rushed at all in order to maximize sleeping time? The last time (only other time ) we flew SQ25 it was in C and all the way to SIN, so we didn't sleep on the way FRA in order to get a "proper" night's sleep on the way to SIN.
Old Jun 27, 2008, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Just out of curiosity, did you find the service rushed at all in order to maximize sleeping time? The last time (only other time ) we flew SQ25 it was in C and all the way to SIN, so we didn't sleep on the way FRA in order to get a "proper" night's sleep on the way to SIN.
You should inform the cabin crew if you want a quicker service, or a slower service--they are always happy to accommodate.

As far as PJ's go, they should be offered on this flight. I would ask if they are not offered before or soon after takeoff.
Old Jun 27, 2008, 10:02 pm

I use SQ 25 in F frequently JFK-FRA and have always gotten pjs.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 11:48 am

Thanks for posting. Did you not get pjs because they weren't loaded or because they're no longer offered on this flight?

Also, if I may ask, why was it disappointing?
I don't know if they were loaded or not; all I know is that they weren't offered to us (or anyone else in F, as far as I could see) on that flight.

cheers,

Henry

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.