The infamous JFK-FRA SQ25 Route

Old Aug 14, 2007, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
If you are a fast walker (esp. for JFK-FRA-SIN), head over to the A pier. The lounges there have showers that rarely have a wait. Then hightail it back to your plane for your onward flight.
Old Aug 15, 2007, 8:12 am

Programs: UA Gold (Million Miler), FI Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
JFK lounges

I'm a bit confused. On the SQ website it says there are two lounges that can be used in JFK:

Virgin Clubhouse - in T4 landside
Swiss Lounge - in T4 landside

It doesn't mention anything about an NW lounge that others in this forum are mentioning. Basically what I want to know is if I can use a lounge (and shower) after my arrival into JFK. I'll be flying SQ in C and I have a *G card.
Old Aug 15, 2007, 8:58 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by Karter
I'm a bit confused. On the SQ website it says there are two lounges that can be used in JFK:

It doesn't mention anything about an NW lounge that others in this forum are mentioning. Basically what I want to know is if I can use a lounge (and shower) after my arrival into JFK. I'll be flying SQ in C and I have a *G card.
IIRC, VS CH is only for SQ F.
Old Aug 15, 2007, 9:04 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by meducate
And PPS members.
Old Aug 15, 2007, 2:14 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Yup, and Swiss lounge no longer exists since LX moved to the same terminal as LH (T1?).
Old Aug 16, 2007, 12:22 am
CGK

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Yup, and Swiss lounge no longer exists since LX moved to the same terminal as LH (T1?).
Yes. Swiss moved to T1. When I took LX F, I was invited to LH F lounge landside, but I noticed there is a Swiss Lounge shared with Alitalia - SkyTeam by Gate 3 airside.

SQ in T4 uses VS CH (for F BP holders and QPP) and Skyview Lounges. I hope there will be no change after 1 Sep.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 12:27 am
CGK

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
If you are a fast walker (esp. for JFK-FRA-SIN), head over to the A pier. The lounges there have showers that rarely have a wait. Then hightail it back to your plane for your onward flight.
You must be a real runner to be able to fit in an hour stop to transfer from terminal B to Terminal A. I have seen SQ25 assigned at Gate 48 or around that area), thus an easy short walk to LH SEN lounge. But I have seen SQ 25 parked at Gate B20 (just before the long lines for security for all flights to the US.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 9:50 am

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Karter

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
So when I put all this together, it sounds like there is currently no lounge for use by *G C pax at JFK... Is this right? Or is this "Skyview" lounge where we're supposed to go?

FWIW, calling SQ this weekend about this was a disaster, a real embarassment for SQ . I got three different answers on three different calls: (1) that there's a SKL at JFK (which clearly there isn't); (2) the Swiss lounge is for use by *G pax (but some posters above have said this lounge is no longer there); and (3) the VS CH (which, according to other FTers, is for F pax only). No mention of any Skyview lounge.

Put simply, my SO and I are flying SQ C; I'm *G, she has no status. What lounge can we use at JFK prior to departure on SQ 25?
Old Sep 17, 2007, 10:06 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Platinum,SQ, DL, AA, Hyatt
Originally Posted by as219
Put simply, my SO and I are flying SQ C; I'm *G, she has no status. What lounge can we use at JFK prior to departure on SQ 25?
Once you checked-in at the SQ C counter, the agent will hand you your C BP and a piece of white photo-copy paper which is the Invitation to "Th Oasis Lounge" (http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...TED_LOUNGE.pdf)

The Swiss lounge has moved and the VS CH is for PPS and KF Gold only. However, you can try your luck at VS CH with your C BP.

Good luck!
Old Sep 17, 2007, 11:00 am

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chrisksc
Once you checked-in at the SQ C counter, the agent will hand you your C BP and a piece of white photo-copy paper which is the Invitation to "Th Oasis Lounge" (http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...TED_LOUNGE.pdf)

The Swiss lounge has moved and the VS CH is for PPS and KF Gold only. However, you can try your luck at VS CH with your C BP.

Good luck!
That's funny, when I looked at the SQ site, I thought "Virgin Clubhouse The Oasis" was the full name of the VSCH!

With which airline is this lounge affiliated? Is it any good? Any food other than snicky-snacks? (I did a search and found very little about this lounge.)

Thanks!
Old Sep 17, 2007, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
That's funny, when I looked at the SQ site, I thought "Virgin Clubhouse The Oasis" was the full name of the VSCH!

With which airline is this lounge affiliated? Is it any good? Any food other than snicky-snacks? (I did a search and found very little about this lounge.)

Thanks!
If you were looking at the pdf file on this page http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...TED_LOUNGE.pdf I can sorta see how you were confused. The listing actually means that there are 2 lounges, it just doesn't state it that way.

In fact, the VSCH is only for F pax; C pax do indeed use The Oasis lounge which I believe the the Emirates Business Class Lounge and is used by EOS as well http://www.eosairlines.com/flyeos/ov...airportJFK.jsf.

Sorry if this dashes your hopes of using the VSCH, although it is worth a shot at trying to get in .

Let us know what happens.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Platinum,SQ, DL, AA, Hyatt
In fact, the VSCH is only for F pax; C pax do indeed use The Oasis lounge...
FYI, the agents at the SQ F & C counters will tell you otherwise, including their supervisors. My family and I have flown (separately) on all 3 classes (F, C & Y) out of JFK to SIN many many times over the last few years and all of us hold SQ KF Elite Gold status. In every instances, even with F, the agents will tell you to use The Oasis Lounge (LX lounge when it was still there). This is true as recent as last Thursday, 13 Sep on SQ25 when my dad was flying F.

When you question them on that it should be the VS CH, they will say its only for PPS. I don't even bother to argue with them, just give them a look and walked away.

In any case, I (and I always tell my parents the same) will to go directly to the VS CH. We have never had any problem in getting into the VS CH with our Y C F BPs together with the KF Elite Gold card. Showing the BP alone is not good enough as the lounge attendants will ask to see the KF Elite Gold Card as well.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 7:53 pm

Just flew this route in August and was admitted into the VS Clubhouse with just my F boarding pass. You are also allowed one guest. Just one guest.

I specifically asked the agent who checked me in he confirmed these rules for me.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 8:11 pm

The Oasis Lounge is also known as the KLM Lounge. The Oasis is enclosed vs VSCH which is open-air. VSCH has restaurant-style 3-course menu served by attendants vs Oasis buffet-style. The Oasis is much quieter than the VSCH.

Enjoy your trip
Old Sep 17, 2007, 11:31 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by chrisksc
Showing the BP alone is not good enough as the lounge attendants will ask to see the KF Elite Gold Card as well.
No invitation card is needed for VS CH.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.