Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The infamous JFK-FRA SQ25 Route

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2008, 5:01 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ph-ndr
I have a SQ C BP as well as QPPS, then the C BP will still get me in?

-A
Yes. It's got nothing to do with status. An SQ J or F boarding pass will get you into the LHR VS clubhouse. Period.
Old May 27, 2008, 10:26 am

Programs: Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HIlton Diamond
Originally Posted by rolov
I think people have reported that the VS lounge is not accessible by
*gold flying on SQ Y .
So there's no lounge anymore for any *G in this terminal?
Old May 27, 2008, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
Originally Posted by eternalX
It used to be the LX lounge , now im not sure .
Old May 27, 2008, 12:51 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by eternalX

I think you'll be directed to the Oasis lounge which is very good.
Old May 27, 2008, 4:08 pm

Ah cool because it looks like a nasty night in JFK.
Old May 28, 2008, 7:31 am

I asked and received an invitation to the Oasis Lounge and then walked through security before I realized it was prior to sec. Went back and checked it out and it is nice. SQ also let me board with biz/first class and were super friendly throughout the whole experience. At FRA, I used the Seantor lounges in A terminal before my flight to Berlin.
Old Jun 1, 2008, 1:50 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by chrisksc
Just checked into my flight SQ25 JFK SIN in J. Proceeded to VS CH showing my J BP and my KF Gold card but was denial access. Was told the new contract is for F or Solitare pax.

Oh well. Now inside CH lounge next door to VS. CH better than the Oasis contrated lounge.
I am on this flight in November in C and was looking forward to the VS lounge, shame it'll be the Oasis or sitting around with the Y passengers.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 6:09 pm

I'll have less than an hour layover each way on my upcoming trip, but any lounge is better than nothing. Being able to snag seats in 17 more than makes up for any lounge shortcomings.
Old Jun 10, 2008, 12:51 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Cannot check in at the VS lounge for SQ flight. However I have been successful in gaining admittance to wait until check in opens upon showing my credentials (ticket + card).
Because we started from Chicago in the morning and took the transfer bus from LGA, I had hedged against possible delays by building-in some time that proved to be unneeded. Thus, we arrived at JFK at about 15.30, with the SQ CI not scheduled to open until 17.00. We went straight to the VS ClubHouse (so nice that it's landside!) to ask the dragon if we might wait inside for that hour-and-a-half. Showed her our SQ F tickets. She could not have been more welcoming! And what a delightful lounge that is.

cheers,

Henry
Old Jun 19, 2008, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by BrianJ
Hi jjpb3... (I guess us English majors are like that), I hope that clears things up!
I think you mean, "I guess WE English majors............"

yikes!

I haven't found the JFK-FRA route in C or F to be much different from any other routing with SQ. Both products are acceptible and are miles above anything offered by a US-based carrier.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 6:31 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by henry999
Because we started from Chicago in the morning and took the transfer bus from LGA, I had hedged against possible delays by building-in some time that proved to be unneeded. Thus, we arrived at JFK at about 15.30, with the SQ CI not scheduled to open until 17.00. We went straight to the VS ClubHouse (so nice that it's landside!) to ask the dragon if we might wait inside for that hour-and-a-half. Showed her our SQ F tickets. She could not have been more welcoming! And what a delightful lounge that is.

cheers,

Henry
If you had your BP why would she say no? I will be taking SQ25 in SEP, however I will originate at JFK. My companion is originating in ROC and transferring from LGA, so she should have her F ticket.

1. Will the VSCH let her in with her yet to be checked baggage?
2. Since she has her F BP, if I don't have mine, I can be her guest until the SQ counter opens up, yes?
Old Jun 21, 2008, 7:01 pm

Neither of you need a BP. You need an F TICKET.

The dragon will call SQ to verify you're on SQ25 in F, and you're in.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 12:13 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Platinum,SQ, DL, AA, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Markie
I am on this flight in November in C and was looking forward to the VS lounge, shame it'll be the Oasis or sitting around with the Y passengers.
If you are *Gold, you can use the Swiss (LX) lounge which is next to VS CH. IMHO the LX lounge is much better than the Oassis lounge.

Enjoy!
Old Jun 22, 2008, 1:53 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by anc-ord772
If you had your BP why would she say no?
Erm ... because we didn't? (have the BPs). Which was why we had to go to SQ check in when they opened? To get them? Because we had to do the ground transfer between LGA and JFK, the check-in agent at ORD couldn't / wouldn't check us any farther than LaGuardia. When we got off the transfer bus at JFK, we were in effect 'originating' pax there.

cheers,

Henry
Old Jun 22, 2008, 8:41 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by Bitterroot
Neither of you need a BP. You need an F TICKET.
Originally Posted by henry999
Erm ... because we didn't? (have the BPs). Which was why we had to go to SQ check in when they opened? To get them? Because we had to do the ground transfer between LGA and JFK, the check-in agent at ORD couldn't / wouldn't check us any farther than LaGuardia. When we got off the transfer bus at JFK, we were in effect 'originating' pax there.

cheers,

Henry

I see. Sorry for being thick, but what tickets did you show her? Was it a paper ticket or an e-ticket receipt henry999?

Originally Posted by Bitterroot
The dragon will call SQ to verify you're on SQ25 in F, and you're in.
Great, so in essence I just need to present two warm bodies and the "dragon" will take care of the rest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.