Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The infamous JFK-FRA SQ25 Route

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2008, 2:54 pm

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
If you BTC for the FRA-JFK leg of SQ 026, be prepared to explain carefully to the crew what you ordered and possibly suggest that they check the cart for the second meal.
FWIW, I've BTCed for the FRA-JFK leg in C on my last three flights and never had a problem having the BTC for the first meal.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 3:20 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Originally Posted by Savage25
FWIW, I've BTCed for the FRA-JFK leg in C on my last three flights and never had a problem having the BTC for the first meal.
That doesn't surprise me. It ought to be a no-brainer. I think my crew was just a little clueless. They forgot to serve the birthday cake that a certain thoughtful someone had ordered for me. They remembered and told me about it as I was walking down the stairs to the lower deck to deplane at JFK.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 4:10 pm

I would have been devastated if I was the person who had ordered the cake. That was just silly!

That doesn't surprise me. It ought to be a no-brainer. I think my crew was just a little clueless. They forgot to serve the birthday cake that a certain thoughtful someone had ordered for me. They remembered and told me about it as I was walking down the stairs to the lower deck to deplane at JFK.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 6:09 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
I would have been devastated if I was the person who had ordered the cake. That was just silly!
Yeah, he was pretty irritated. But I expressed my appreciation to him anyway, because it was the thought that counts. (And this way, I didn't have any more calories to count going on these hips. )

Funny, though, that the crew on the SIN-FRA leg was worlds better-- excellent, really. But I have seen some regulars comment that, for whatever reason, service on the FRA-JFK-FRA legs is routinely a step down from service on the SIN-FRA and FRA-SIN legs of the very same flights.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 12:28 pm

Funny, though, that the crew on the SIN-FRA leg was worlds better-- excellent, really. But I have seen some regulars comment that, for whatever reason, service on the FRA-JFK-FRA legs is routinely a step down from service on the SIN-FRA and FRA-SIN legs of the very same flights.
Not sure how it could get any better. Service (in F) on my JFK-FRA flight was fantastic.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Platinum,SQ, DL, AA, Hyatt
Just checked into my flight SQ25 JFK SIN in J. Proceeded to VS CH showing my J BP and my KF Gold card but was denial access. Was told the new contract is for F or Solitare pax.

Oh well. Now inside CH lounge next door to VS. CH better than the Oasis contrated lounge.
Old May 25, 2008, 10:46 am

Programs: DL PM, TSA Disparager Gold
I have a C class award on hold on SQ25 for travel in about 2 weeks. I also have UA in C ORD-FRA on hold.

Going JFK-FRA would involve me having to change airports (LGA to JFK). Is this worth doing to get SQ over UA for C Class? I'm sure service wise it is, but I have never done the transfer from LGA to JFK. Thanks for the input.
Old May 25, 2008, 11:11 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by fs2k2isfun
I have never done the transfer from LGA to JFK. Thanks for the input.
Take the NY Airport Service Express bus.
http://panynj.com/CommutingTravel/ai...ct.html#lgajfk
Old May 25, 2008, 12:36 pm

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by chrisksc
Just checked into my flight SQ25 JFK SIN in J. Proceeded to VS CH showing my J BP and my KF Gold card but was denial access. Was told the new contract is for F or Solitare pax.
Anyone know if this is the case at LHR too?

-A
Old May 25, 2008, 7:23 pm

ph:
If you're flying out of T3 on SQ metal, it's the SilverKris lounge, period.
Old May 26, 2008, 2:02 am

Programs: SQ G, Hyatt D, Shangri-La G, Hilton G, Marriott G, IC PrCl G
Originally Posted by Bitterroot
ph:
If you're flying out of T3 on SQ metal, it's the SilverKris lounge, period.
Darn, there goes the one & only thing (VS CH) I was looking forward to at LHR next week...
Old May 26, 2008, 10:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by LightSpeed
Darn, there goes the one & only thing (VS CH) I was looking forward to at LHR next week...
If you have an SQ J or F boarding pass then you can access the VS clubhouse at LHR.
Old May 26, 2008, 8:12 pm

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by Mofomat
If you have an SQ J or F boarding pass then you can access the VS clubhouse at LHR.
I have a SQ C BP as well as QPPS, then the C BP will still get me in?

-A
Old May 26, 2008, 10:33 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HIlton Diamond
I'm on this JFK-FRA flight tomorrow in Y. I called the reservation line and asked for a window seat and I couldn't really understand the guy. I had him repeat what he said 3 times but couldn't figure out if i had a window or not. I looked online and it says "Window Requested". When I was shopping for other flights I noticed LX and BA had window seats but I went with SQ because the flight time was slightly better and because I've alwasy wanted to try SQ. Now, I'm thinking this was probably a bad idea. Oh well, I guess I have the ambien around to sleep through the whole thing.

BTW - Can I use the VS lounge in JFK as *G?
Old May 26, 2008, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
I think people have reported that the VS lounge is not accessible by
*gold flying on SQ Y .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.