Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2011 | 9:06 am

Originally Posted by TimesTwo
Is that link really dead (as your edit comments say)? It worked last night...
Someone told me after they entered all their information it said the offer expired. Did you apply and it worked? It seems to be fine when you click on it.
Old Aug 11, 2011 | 2:52 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by swat16
One of my relatives applied 8/5 and sent a SM the same day asking for 75K with 5985 and was approved. I think it's all a matter of who you get to answer your request.
Does this mean you can SM/call before receiving the card to have a code applied? I was approved on 8/8 but have not received the card yet.
Old Aug 11, 2011 | 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by bjcleaver
Does this mean you can SM/call before receiving the card to have a code applied? I was approved on 8/8 but have not received the card yet.
If you have another amex card and already have a login, you might be able to see this new card when you logon to the amex site. If you do, you can SM mentioning the last 4 digits.
I was approved on 8/8 too, waiting for the card in the mail. I don't have an amex login so will wait to get the card and then request for the bump.
Let us know how the bump request goes.
Old Aug 11, 2011 | 4:22 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by dguy80
If you have another amex card and already have a login, you might be able to see this new card when you logon to the amex site. If you do, you can SM mentioning the last 4 digits.
I was approved on 8/8 too, waiting for the card in the mail. I don't have an amex login so will wait to get the card and then request for the bump.
Let us know how the bump request goes.
I do have other Amex cards but don't see this account when I login. Not sure if that's becuase my other cards are credit cards (SPG Amex, Delta Amex, Corporate Green) and not charge cards.
Old Aug 12, 2011 | 6:24 am

Originally Posted by swat16
Someone told me after they entered all their information it said the offer expired. Did you apply and it worked? It seems to be fine when you click on it.
Good point, I clicked and the app came up but didn't get as far as applying (need to get this card for my partner).
Old Aug 12, 2011 | 1:57 pm

called and asked to apply 6661, no problem at all
Old Aug 12, 2011 | 7:22 pm

I already have a business gold card. When applying for the premier should I be logged into my account or should I apply after log out and clear my browser
Old Aug 12, 2011 | 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by bjcleaver
If you have a login you won't see your card if you send a SM but you can just select a different card and the CSR will see your MR cards. I emailed minutes after applying. Amex's computer system creates your card number instantly and emails you the last five within minutes of your approval.
Old Aug 12, 2011 | 10:29 pm

Programs: HH Gold
Originally Posted by bernyx
called and asked to apply 6661, no problem at all
Was this after you received your card?

Also is this eligible for someone that has had the card in the past?
Old Aug 14, 2011 | 1:14 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Applied for and approved for 2 cards yesterday for spouse and myself. Called today, code 6661 accepted for both 75k each. Requested expedited shipping, will get the cards on Tuesday, confirm the 75k, and then try to get the 10k per month for 15 transactions code applied. Thanks for the codes!!
Old Aug 14, 2011 | 1:38 pm

If anybody is applying for the PRG card and doesn't mind using a referral link I can send them a referral to get a few extra point- just PM me
Old Aug 14, 2011 | 4:26 pm

Another data point: Approved 8/12 online. Called the regular customer service number a few minutes ago, pressed 0 three times to speak to a person. Told the CSR that I had just been approved for a PRG card, and wanted to make sure that I signed up under the correct bonus code, which was 6661. CSR transferred me to Membership Rewards, where the cheerful rep told me that I did indeed qualify for 6661: 75k points after $1k spend. Said she noted it on my account, and that points would appear up to 8 weeks after meeting the spend. Whole call took 5 minutes.
Old Aug 14, 2011 | 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by cheapdad
Go ahead and re-apply. I had the PR gold card in 2007 (50K bonus to sign up), converted it into a Platinum card in 2008 (another 50K bonus) and then canceled in 2009. I have applied for and received MR bonus points for the PR gold and Platinum cards again this summer.
My wife applied for her first amex gold card on Aug 6 using a 15k link. she was immediately approved and the card arrived yesterday. we activated it and set up account on line. called cust service looking for the bump in points but were told no, she was not targeted for any bonus offers. we then sent secure message to amex rewards dept asking for the bump to 75k. it took over a day for a reply but she was approved for offer 6661. they said it normally does not take that long for a response but that they were really busy (go figure). we will use the card a bunch of times and then see if we can stack the 10k for 15 purchase bonus offer as well.

here is my question: how long of a memory does amex have for awards? i had a gold card that i closed in sept 09 that i also got a 75k bonus. i also had delta & starwood cards that i closed recently (although delta just sent me an offer to come back for 30k miles). should i wait until october when two years have passed to reapply for this offer or has enough time passed that i may qualify.

thanks to all for the great info!
Old Aug 16, 2011 | 10:05 am
15 Years on Site

Guys

The CSR isn't applying code 6661 since I already have a platinum card (just got the platinum 2 weeks ago). They say this code is only for 1st time cardholders. Any other ideas?

Thx
Old Aug 16, 2011 | 10:10 am
15 Years on Site

Ok, another CSR put the note in using code 6661. I wonder if someone else will catch this when time comes to apply the code. Maybe I'll cancel the platinum card soon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.