Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2011, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by sam007
Guys

I applied for the personal gold premier account today. When I get the card, I plan to call them and provide them with offer code 5985

I don't have n Amex membership rewards account. Would I have to sign up for it separately or they'll automatically create one?

Thanks
Its created for you with your card. Once you activate it, create an online account associated with your rewards card and you can see all the details about your rewards account
Old Aug 1, 2011, 1:48 pm

Programs: Delta Kryptonium-Platinum Medallion, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond
I used the reference number in the approval email that I got and sent as Secure Mesage via the Amex website since I already have an account with them. Hope that helps!
Old Aug 1, 2011, 1:53 pm

Has the personal gold card offer expired today? I applied for me taking chances but want my gf to apply as well but won't if it officially expired today
Old Aug 1, 2011, 1:56 pm

Programs: Delta Kryptonium-Platinum Medallion, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond
Has the personal gold card offer expired today? I applied for me taking chances but want my gf to apply as well but won't if it officially expired today
It worked for me 24 hours ago. Already got confirmation of the 75k bump. I think it's worth a shot.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 3:14 pm
formerly ffactoryxx

I got my Gold Card Today. I called and gave them the code for 75K points. They said i qualified and NOTATED my account.

I have seen some people mention they LINKED the offer to theirs. Is there any difference?

Should I have them send me a confirmation email for a paper trail?
Old Aug 1, 2011, 3:27 pm

Ouch

The link i used for the 75k card was just taken off
http://email.americanexpress.com/a/h...3FC60D3AF91C04

Any other links? Is there a 100k personal card?
Old Aug 1, 2011, 3:39 pm

Ouch

The link i used for the 75k card was just taken off
http://email.americanexpress.com/a/h...3FC60D3AF91C04
Works for me?
Old Aug 1, 2011, 3:42 pm

Pretty wierd. I cleared cookies, temp files and instead of giving me the page where they say they have another offer for me, they give me the application page now.

They are doing a good job with cookies, etc and maintaining the per household rule
Old Aug 1, 2011, 8:23 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Do we know if it expired on 7/31?

I received the Business Gold (targeted) offer for 75k which I have yet to apply for - can I also get personal gold card if i apply simultaneously?
Old Aug 1, 2011, 9:34 pm
formerly ffactoryxx

Originally Posted by tormapleaf
Do we know if it expired on 7/31?

I received the Business Gold (targeted) offer for 75k which I have yet to apply for - can I also get personal gold card if i apply simultaneously?
I got my card today and called. 1st try they added my reward in my notes
Old Aug 1, 2011, 11:24 pm

Can I call in for the bump?

I don't have an AmEx card yet, so I won't be able to send a secure message until I get the card, activate it, and set up a secure account, correct?

So if that is the case, can I apply for the card right now, and if I get instantly approved, call in for the bump before it disappears?

Also, does an SPG card have anything to do with the AmEx Gold Card? Meaning, if I apply for the AmEx Gold, I can still apply for the SPG down the road and be considered a "first time cardholder"?

Thanks.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 12:28 pm

Wife got approved today (applied a week before). This is her first AMEX card. She is authorized user on one of my card and has account online on that card. My questions are

1. Should I wait for her card to come and then call/message membership rewards CSR to bump offer to 75k? I don't know if the offer is expired already or not.

2. Should I send secure message from the online account she currently has (no MR account though).

Thanks.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 1:08 pm

Got approved but didn't get bumped

Guys

Amex sent me an apology message via the website stating that the 75k promotion has expired and my account hasn't been opened as yet (only applied yesterday)
Old Aug 2, 2011, 1:50 pm

Offer still on!

Hey guys,

I applied under the 15k Amex Premier Rewards Gold last night. Got approved instantly, called customer service (couldn't do anything) but told me to call new accounts which I did this morning (couldn't do anything, told me to reapply using target offer link). So like most of the previous posters have said, I called the Amex MR line and told the lady I'd like to use the promo code 5894. She was extremely helpful, at first she said that that particular code for the 75k had expired but then she checked again and said that it had been extended to 12/31/11! She said the extra miles should post 6-8 weeks after hitting $500 spend in 3 months.

Sam007, perhaps try calling again? Some agents are a lot more willing to help than others.

Edit: Mshah, you could call now. If the agent is nice, they should be able to credit it and note it to your acct.

Cheers.

Last edited by jerrbear89; Aug 2, 2011 at 1:52 pm Reason: Added comment.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 1:54 pm

mshah and sam007, if you guys can confirm if/when you do call back, please do! I'm itching to pull the trigger on this one if it's still up and running.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.