Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2011, 12:38 pm

Programs: Marriott, SW, United
8/10/11 - Applied for personal card, immediately approved
8/22/11 - Received card
8/23/11 - Called, and after some discussion, 6661 applied.

The CSR also told me that U699;0003 is the same as code as 6661

How long should I wait until I request 6664?
Old Aug 24, 2011, 2:57 pm

Applied 8/14. Reached spending limit on 8/23 (had a big purchase to make). Called today and requested 6661. After a few mins on hold, told that I had reached the threshold and the code would be applied.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 4:41 pm

I applied for this card on 8/15 under a 25K points offer, planning to try the 75K bump (6661). Activated the card yesterday, couldn't get them to apply the code. Called MR today and was coldly shot down (only for targeted applicants)

I don't want to give up yet, but I'm wondering if when I call back they can see that I've called and been denied before. Do the CSRs who shoot you down bother notating the account to that effect? Am I better off calling MR again or the customer service number on the back of the card? What time of day seems to be best to call?
Old Aug 24, 2011, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by hard2please
I applied for this card on 8/15 under a 25K points offer, planning to try the 75K bump (6661). Activated the card yesterday, couldn't get them to apply the code. Called MR today and was coldly shot down (only for targeted applicants)

I don't want to give up yet, but I'm wondering if when I call back they can see that I've called and been denied before. Do the CSRs who shoot you down bother notating the account to that effect? Am I better off calling MR again or the customer service number on the back of the card? What time of day seems to be best to call?
I've had similar issues and actually have the same exact questions. Does anyone know if asking multiple times can cause problems?
Old Aug 24, 2011, 8:54 pm

Whoops, dupe post........sorry
Old Aug 24, 2011, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by hard2please
Do the CSRs who shoot you down bother notating the account to that effect? Am I better off calling MR again or the customer service number on the back of the card? What time of day seems to be best to call?
Originally Posted by pspoutz
I've had similar issues and actually have the same exact questions. Does anyone know if asking multiple times can cause problems?
I would tend to doubt they note these rejections (although I have no idea why they don't note them) solely due to the fact that so many people are getting rejected multiple times and then finally getting approved.

What MIGHT help is if you try a multi-pronged attack. Ie, if you get rejected at card activation on the phone, try calling MR, then try SMing, then try the CS # on the back of the car, then repeat all of the above. Sooner or later it seems you are bound to strike gold. ^^^
Old Aug 24, 2011, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by x712xdamx
In my case it's been the exact opposite. Approved instantly for the bump the bonus through SM for both the personal & business versions of this card in July...
I hate to tell you, but it seems that the situation is WAAAAAAY different now than it was in July. Apples and oranges.....................can't compare the two IMHO.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 9:01 pm

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by gregorygrady
I would tend to doubt they note these rejections (although I have no idea why they don't note them) solely due to the fact that so many people are getting rejected multiple times and then finally getting approved.

What MIGHT help is if you try a multi-pronged attack. Ie, if you get rejected at card activation on the phone, try calling MR, then try SMing, then try the CS # on the back of the car, then repeat all of the above. Sooner or later it seems you are bound to strike gold. ^^^
+1 Sooner or later I agree. Persistence.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by swat16
Just wondering why everyone acts like Frugal Travel Guy's post is worrisome even slightly.
I had assumed that FTG knows even to filter out the Chicken Littles who are paranoid this deal is coming to an end, therefore I assumed (incorrectly now it seems) that his post was based on solid credible evidence rather than heresay from a single blog reader of his. Luckily for me he was wrong!!
Old Aug 24, 2011, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by Bud Florida
The CSR also told me that U699;0003 is the same as code as 6661
I was told the same thing when they initially rejected me on the phone. They said I could look up the T&Cs via that U699:003 code on the Internet.

Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
Quickly OT . Can you use any card you want at Costo. I thought member has one Amex card linked and only one .

I hope the 500 cash card at Costco did not count as a cash advance on my Amex?
I don't see why ANY Costco purchase would show up as a cash advance on your Amex. BTW, I'm not a Costco member, but when I've shopped there (with friends who were members), I've been able to use my Amex at checkout just fine.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 9:12 pm

Programs: many
[QUOTE=gregorygrady;16989723]I was told the same thing when they initially rejected me on the phone. They said I could look up the T&Cs via that U699:003 code on the Internet.
QUOTE]

Did you find it on the internet then?
Old Aug 24, 2011, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
I was told the same thing when they initially rejected me on the phone. They said I could look up the T&Cs via that U699:003 code on the Internet.

I don't see why ANY Costco purchase would show up as a cash advance on your Amex. BTW, I'm not a Costco member, but when I've shopped there (with friends who were members), I've been able to use my Amex at checkout just fine.
I also did this 3 times before with other members, but they were shopping that day also

But I did want cash cards as I was going to spend an hour shopping , and he was going to take the other one, go back to work , and shop when he needed
to
Old Aug 25, 2011, 1:01 am

I just had a successful bump on a newly had Business Rewards AMEX (100k points for 2k spend). Will having that card preclude me from signing up for a personal card and requesting the 6661 bump? I.e. can people take advantage of personal + business bumps in the same month/time period? Thx in advance

P.S. Also, is it ok to apply for the PRG card while logged into my biz account (i.e. shorter app)
Old Aug 25, 2011, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by brown123
I just had a successful bump on a newly had Business Rewards AMEX (100k points for 2k spend). Will having that card preclude me from signing up for a personal card and requesting the 6661 bump? I.e. can people take advantage of personal + business bumps in the same month/time period? Thx in advance

P.S. Also, is it ok to apply for the PRG card while logged into my biz account (i.e. shorter app)
Congrats. Did you have any problems or did you have a RSVP code?
Important data points. Did you apply code 6608 to Biz account.

Having the Biz card will not preclude you from getting the PRG Card. Without an RSVP CODE getting the bump applied to the PRG might take some work.

I would clear all cookies and apply from another source ,not your account .
Then on app mention you are an existing customer as AMEX will find it anyway and give you a short form application.

Read read read all different posts on how people where successful.

I am still curious as to how u got the Biz 100 k applied
Old Aug 25, 2011, 9:22 am

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by booyaa
I applied 8/15 for both PRG and Biz Gold and was approved. Called very same day (early afternoon), requested expediting of cards, received on 8/16.
Originally Posted by booyaa
Made $1000 spend. Asked via SM to have points expedited, was told by Indian "Manager" that he does not even see the notes (I gave him dates and everything). I called MR, they said the notes are there. So....???? This Indian-named "Manager" (P***j A***d) has been replying to all of my emails (except those addressed to Social Media - Twitter team) this past month, shooting down every request I have, almost verbatim in each email too. Wonder if it's because I always sent them late in afternoon/at night or I'm on their radar or something....
After first rejection by SM (sent late at night), I sent another (before noon yesterday, same exact wording) to MR-Point Balance. This time, someone else with name ending in "_MR" replied and in short, expedited and issued the remaining 65k. Today I see them in my account.

From application to getting all points for 6661, 10 days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.