Last edit by: nacho
Print Wikipost

Copenhagen Marriott [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2013, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Copenhagen Marriott

How does this property compare with other top chain hotels in CPH? Mainly concerned with convenience to tourist sights but room quality is a priority too.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 2:06 pm

Programs: Marriott LTPP
Had a 2 night stay there a few weeks ago. Don't know how it compares to other hotels but can tell you that we had a nice river view room on the concierge floor. We were there on points and a city view was considered an upgrade. Don't know why. We are plats so had access to the CL. While the lounge was nice, it doesn't compare to other European lounges.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 1:15 pm
CDF

Location: Michigan, DL Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Gold
This has been an interesting thread - some people appear to have had a bad experience here and some a good experience. I just got back from a two night stay here and had a very enjoyable time. Maybe I just got lucky or maybe the folks who had a bad experience were unlucky.

Front Desk/Check-In

No problems with the check-in and even though the website says 4PM as the check-in time I was able to get right in when I arrived at noon. The person I dealt with at the front desk was very pleasant and offered some suggestions for things to do in the short time I was going to be there.

Rooms

I was upgraded to a room on the executive floor and given a city view facing Tivoli Gardens. It wasn't the most spectacular view from a Marriott that I've stayed in but I'm not usually in the room that much anyways so the view is low on my priority list. The room I was in was fairly large and everything was very modern and new. I'm not sure if they've done renovations or not but I was very satisfied with the quality, size and cleanliness of the room itself.

Executive Lounge

The lounge on the 11th floor was clean and well maintained each time I visited. I'm not sure if the breakfast has changed or not but each time I was there it consisted of eggs, bacon, sausage, cold cuts, bread/rolls, cereal, yogurt, fruit and a choice of juices and coffee. The breakfast offerings weren't as extensive as some European hotels I've stayed at but they were more than some others I've been in. The evening appetizers consisted of two hot selections, two cold selections and some cheese/crackers. Drinks were complimentary but limited to beer and wine. There was soda, water and coffee available at all times and the only request/disappointment I had was that there didn't appear to be any diet sodas available - just the full leaded versions of Coke and Pepsi. Doesn't anyone in CP drink diet soda? A big positive for me is that the lounge was open all weekend.

Local Area

I noticed someone mentioned that the hotel is located more in a business area and I'd have to agree with them. There's nothing really just outside the hotel but I found that there a lot of places within a 10-15 minute walk from the hotel. Tivoli Gardens (across from the main train station) is about a 10 minute walk and I was able to walk to the shopping districts in about the same 10-15 minutes time.

Concierge

I only used the concierge once to help me locate a local brew pub. They weren't familiar with it and I was hoping that they'd be able to look it up and give me specific directions. The concierge didn't even offer to look it up for me and it was only when I mentioned the street that they showed me where it was on a map. Once I knew where the street was I was able to find the place on my own. I'm not sure if I caught someone at a bad time but this is the one area where I think the hotel could improve on.

Overall I had a positive experience at this hotel and would stay there again.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 1:48 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by CDF
Executive Lounge
the only request/disappointment I had was that there didn't appear to be any diet sodas available - just the full leaded versions of Coke and Pepsi.
Thanks for your mini-review. As I have a reservation there next year, and drink only diet soda pop (in respect to soft drinks, of course) I'm curious as to whether you inquired about this to hotel personnel or suggested that it would be a nice improvement if they stocked a diet cola?

Last edited by ohmark; Oct 15, 2013 at 7:42 pm
Old Oct 16, 2013, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by jr1202sr
My experience this summer was that this was one of the worst Marriotts I have ever stayed at. Anyone who has been there during Cruise season knows what I am talking about.
I know exactly what you are saying.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 5:44 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
But the rest of us don't. Is this some kind of secret only those who hate cruise season share?
Old Oct 16, 2013, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by Seattlenerd
But the rest of us don't. Is this some kind of secret only those who hate cruise season share?
No secret. Just read up some of the negative stay experiences above.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Originally Posted by Seattlenerd
This also hits CP Copenhagen too - the reason is that these hotels are not catered to cruise people. I think that in Europe when things are 'out of the ordinary' then staffs can't handle it. Cruise people arrived in big bunch with tons of bags etc., and they all check in at the same time which gives the FDs a hard time. So if you are a regular guest walking in when they are doing these big groups then you are SOL.

Also IME you get worse service when the hotel is filled with groups. No late check-out, FDs are not friendly etc.

Fortunately the lounge at CP wasn't over flooded by them even though people are at FT thinks that everyone is a IHG Plat.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 11:42 am
CDF

Location: Michigan, DL Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by ohmark
Thanks for your mini-review. As I have a reservation there next year, and drink only diet soda pop (in respect to soft drinks, of course) I'm curious as to whether you inquired about this to hotel personnel or suggested that it would be a nice improvement if they stocked a diet cola?
I didn't even think to ask about diet soda. I do know they have Coke Zero in CP since I saw it in the stores Next time I'll ask since the worst they can say is that they don't have it available.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by CDF
I didn't even think to ask about diet soda. I do know they have Coke Zero in CP since I saw it in the stores Next time I'll ask since the worst they can say is that they don't have it available.
I was there in December, and they had diet soda. Can't now remember if it was from fountain or the fridge, but it was available.

A note on the lounge, they were extremely slows at clearing the tables. Came in one day 30-40 minutes after the breakfast service was over, and basically all tables were still full with the plates, cups and leftovers from breakfast.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I was there in December, and they had diet soda. Can't now remember if it was from fountain or the fridge, but it was available.

A note on the lounge, they were extremely slows at clearing the tables. Came in one day 30-40 minutes after the breakfast service was over, and basically all tables were still full with the plates, cups and leftovers from breakfast.
I was there in December too. Had the worst experience so far -

As Plat + Gold, upgrade to a river view room, no executive floor, the hotel claimed that I booked a cheap rate (EUR 130) so I only get 1 cat. upgrade. I was offered an upgrade to executive floor for an extra EUR 70 - it was ridiculous since we got lounge access anyway.

Attitude of staffs are bad - from the moment I check-in to talking to guest relations to check-out.

The upgrade I got was a fake one because I think the room was previously rented out but was vacated due to the loud air-con (we saw that some toiletteries were missing and the bed has been touched). I should have complained about that but then after talking to guest relations and was told that I got a cheap room I decided to not to deal with them anymore.

Soda is from a fountain. I think they have diet pepsi. In the fridge there were water, apple and orange juice.

In the morning when we had breakfast we had to clean our own table - it's not uncommon to do in a lot of hotels. I have definitely cleared my own table for breakfast at several Marriotts.

If you have a choice, stay at the CP instead. It's a lot nicer, more modern, staffs are top notch - the lounge has more upscale items (although all food during cocktail hours was cold). Lounge attendants were better at clearing table and are a lot more responsive to requests. They didn't put still water in the fridge but when we asked we got them.

In case you have to stay at CPH Marriott and you are coming by car, there is a cheap parking lot just across the hotel. It requires pre-booking and the cost is less than half of what CPH Marriott charges. Of course you don't get points for doing that but in return that parking lot is a park and ride lot. It means that you will have public transport included for 1 day (it's part of the price for the parking). There is a tourist public bus 11A that leaves close to Marriott hotel and it will take you through most of the sites.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by nacho
I was there in December too. Had the worst experience so far -

As Plat + Gold, upgrade to a river view room, no executive floor, the hotel claimed that I booked a cheap rate (EUR 130) so I only get 1 cat. upgrade. I was offered an upgrade to executive floor for an extra EUR 70 - it was ridiculous since we got lounge access anyway.

Attitude of staffs are bad - from the moment I check-in to talking to guest relations to check-out.

The upgrade I got was a fake one because I think the room was previously rented out but was vacated due to the loud air-con (we saw that some toiletteries were missing and the bed has been touched). I should have complained about that but then after talking to guest relations and was told that I got a cheap room I decided to not to deal with them anymore.

Soda is from a fountain. I think they have diet pepsi. In the fridge there were water, apple and orange juice.

In the morning when we had breakfast we had to clean our own table - it's not uncommon to do in a lot of hotels. I have definitely cleared my own table for breakfast at several Marriotts.

If you have a choice, stay at the CP instead. It's a lot nicer, more modern, staffs are top notch - the lounge has more upscale items (although all food during cocktail hours was cold). Lounge attendants were better at clearing table and are a lot more responsive to requests. They didn't put still water in the fridge but when we asked we got them.

In case you have to stay at CPH Marriott and you are coming by car, there is a cheap parking lot just across the hotel. It requires pre-booking and the cost is less than half of what CPH Marriott charges. Of course you don't get points for doing that but in return that parking lot is a park and ride lot. It means that you will have public transport included for 1 day (it's part of the price for the parking). There is a tourist public bus 11A that leaves close to Marriott hotel and it will take you through most of the sites.
Being used to service in Japan and Asia, it was pretty low key for a 5 star hotel. But the staff were pleasant, they put a nice little handwritten greeting in the room. I don't know if they had run out of the standard printed welcome messages. ;-)
I have never had to clear a table in a lounge in a hotel anywhere in the world. And I was more than surprised to see it in a Marriott. But it was probably also the most invisible lounge staff I have seen in a long while.
I was not put on an "executive" floors this time, I can live without that there is no noticeable difference in the rooms. As to an upgrade to a different view, it is quite normal for hotels (including my favourite hotels) to consider certain views more attractive and charging a higher price for them. And thus also considering it an upgrade to be moved to that view. PS you would be challenged to find a river view in central Copenhagen, the harbour front is the sea between Amager and Sjælland. ;-)
The CP just has a terrible location. Bad for inner city activities and not as convenient for the airport as the Hilton. But it is probably a nice property. It just suits my needs pretty poorly in terms of location. If I put on my "København K" hat I would dispute that the location is even Copenhagen. But it is an early part of the urbanisation of the fields out there in the outer outskirts of Copenhagen.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Being used to service in Japan and Asia, it was pretty low key for a 5 star hotel. But the staff were pleasant, they put a nice little handwritten greeting in the room. I don't know if they had run out of the standard printed welcome messages. ;-)
I have never had to clear a table in a lounge in a hotel anywhere in the world. And I was more than surprised to see it in a Marriott. But it was probably also the most invisible lounge staff I have seen in a long while.
I was not put on an "executive" floors this time, I can live without that there is no noticeable difference in the rooms. As to an upgrade to a different view, it is quite normal for hotels (including my favourite hotels) to consider certain views more attractive and charging a higher price for them. And thus also considering it an upgrade to be moved to that view. PS you would be challenged to find a river view in central Copenhagen, the harbour front is the sea between Amager and Sjælland. ;-)
The CP just has a terrible location. Bad for inner city activities and not as convenient for the airport as the Hilton. But it is probably a nice property. It just suits my needs pretty poorly in terms of location. If I put on my "København K" hat I would dispute that the location is even Copenhagen. But it is an early part of the urbanisation of the fields out there in the outer outskirts of Copenhagen.
That guest relation woman told me that I got a 'river view room' (I almost wanted to tell her that it's not a river). There is no river, it's practically a ditch between Sealand and Amager which I explained to her that I have seen it a thousand times. After the conversation still nothing. I told her that Mr. is a Plat and he was with me and she said, 'we don't have to do anything about that since he is the one on the reservation'. Basically she doesn't care.

I used to live in CPH. So I stress that view is NOT important to us. The hotel doesn't even have bathrobe and slippers (I didn't pack mine since I thought ' it's a Marriott - I have NEVER stayed at any Marriott/CY in Europe that doesn't give me slippers and bathrobes, I got slippers even on Turkish Airlines Y class!). I stepped on the metal bar between toilet/room several times and it hurts. I don't even bother asking for slippers because after the conversation they might charge me for a pair of slippers (I think I have paid enough to this hotel and I don't want to pay 1 krone more).

Yes the location is bad for tourists. You need a bus to get to anywhere and we were thinking about going out but then it's too troublesome and cold and dark (it was close to X'mas). I didn't realise the hotel is Kbh K (I thought it's V since Fisketorvet is V).

I have never seen any welcome note or was told 'welcome' in any way. The only thing I was told by FD is that at 11am there will be an automated alarm to tell guests to get ready to check out He told us to ignore that since we got late check-out.

Another FTer stayed there during summer and he told me to avoid this hotel. I should have listened to him but I kind of need a night for mattress run - I think if I need it next time I'll drive to Hamburg - even though I have to pay for the fuel, bridge etc. Marriott needs a CY in CPH.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nacho

I used to live in CPH. So I stress that view is NOT important to us. The hotel doesn't even have bathrobe and slippers (I didn't pack mine since I thought ' it's a Marriott - I have NEVER stayed at any Marriott/CY in Europe that doesn't give me slippers and bathrobes, I got slippers even on Turkish Airlines Y class!). I stepped on the metal bar between toilet/room several times and it hurts. I don't even bother asking for slippers because after the conversation they might charge me for a pair of slippers (I think I have paid enough to this hotel and I don't want to pay 1 krone more).

Yes the location is bad for tourists. You need a bus to get to anywhere and we were thinking about going out but then it's too troublesome and cold and dark (it was close to X'mas). I didn't realise the hotel is Kbh K (I thought it's V since Fisketorvet is V).

I have never seen any welcome note or was told 'welcome' in any way. The only thing I was told by FD is that at 11am there will be an automated alarm to tell guests to get ready to check out He told us to ignore that since we got late check-out.
It is certainly not in K, it is in V. Was just saying when I was a K citizen, I would have said that the CP was not in Copenhagen. I still would actually not call that Copenhagen, more like the middle of nothing. The Marriott location is quite OK for me, I can walk to most places I need to go. Rådshuspladsen is 15 minute walk or so. Of course there are more central locations.

I had a bathrobe, no slippers though. Though I rarely use hotel slippers, I do swipe for flights where I know I will not be getting any. But my flights to and from Copenhagen had slippers so no loss.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 4:24 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Does anyone happen to know what hours the exec lounge serves the various food options through the course of the day?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.