FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nacho
Print Wikipost

Copenhagen Marriott [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2023, 11:29 am

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Kacee
We are booked over NYE in a water view corner, but I read that top floors and the restaurant are closed due to construction, which was not mentioned when I booked.
As far as the restaurant, right now they’re serving dinner only in the lobby bar / restaurant. They appear to run it out of the exec club kitchen via carts as there are frequently carts going back and forth.

We’re on the 8th (of 11) floors. There was no mention of the status of higher floors but that would explain why we’re not higher. The view is still nice.

I saw the NH collection when I was out walking yesterday. It seemed like a nice location and also on the water.
Kacee likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2023, 3:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by River in Sight
We’re on the 8th (of 11) floors. There was no mention of the status of higher floors but that would explain why we’re not higher. The view is still nice.
So no construction noise?
Old Dec 26, 2023, 3:44 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by River in Sight
As far as the restaurant, right now they’re serving dinner only in the lobby bar / restaurant. They appear to run it out of the exec club kitchen via carts as there are frequently carts going back and forth.

Would you be able to ask when they expect to offer the remodeled rooms on the upper floors? When the restaurants will reopen?
Old Dec 27, 2023, 1:00 am

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Kacee
So no construction noise?
I didn’t hear any noise at all, but was at the hotel on the 24th-26th so would not have expected any active work.

Originally Posted by dayone
Would you be able to ask when they expect to offer the remodeled rooms on the upper floors? When the restaurants will reopen?
I asked at checkout and was told March was the ETA for the restaurant, but did not get an answer for the upper floors.

I was out walking on the other side of the river last night and it looked to me like the very top floor (11) was in use, but 9 and 10 were under construction. I was on floor 8 which was in regular use.
dayone and Kacee like this.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 11:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I haven't cancelled my reservation here yet, but property has downgraded my room (from Corner to Deluxe) and my reservation has been pulled from "Trips" on app and website. So glad I booked a different property!
Old Feb 2, 2024, 1:31 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
I just completed a four night stay here. On check-in, I was "upgraded" to a water view room on 3F. I actually consider this an upgrade because the front desk apparently tried to move me as far away from the construction as possible. There was some noise starting as early as 7:30, but it wasn't terrible. Also, I wasn't in the hotel very much during the day, but if you're planning on working from your room this might not be the best choice.

The room itself was still in good shape, though clearly an older generic Marriott generation. (The mockups of the new rooms look much nicer, and are more local.) There was only one (easily accessible) outlet by the bed (a few more throughout the room), and the only USB outlet was a type A in the old AV panel that doesn't work anymore. All other outlets are Type K.

The top 3 floors are currently closed, and the main restaurant is still closed. The lounge appears to be used for anyone who has breakfast included in their rate, but operates normally at other times. The lounge is actually quite large, with two other rooms behind the buffet that most people apparently don't know are there (in spite of the sign). I never had a problem getting a seat. Breakfast was a very good spread, sort of your typical "above average" European selection. They put out a nice selection of cakes at 15:00, the sign on the door ironically calls these "healthy selections". Evening food (17:30 - 19:30) was two hot selections and an extensive array of cold plates, drinks (meh wine and meh beer) run until 21:30.

There is a well equipped gym and sauna on 0F (the lobby is 1F). Only one lift goes there, but helpfully there's a separate "down" call button marked "FITNESS" that only calls that lift.

Overall I was happy with the stay, and would go back once the renovations are further along. It's not the most conveniently located, about 10 minutes from the main train station and 5 from the very useful and frequent 5C bus, but the location right on the water is quite nice (and cold and windy in the winter).
dayone likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 4:16 pm

Thanks for the comments.
Did they give any idea how long it will be until the renovations are completed?
Old Feb 3, 2024, 1:53 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by golfer727272
Did they give any idea how long it will be until the renovations are completed?
I didn't see anything mentioned, but if they're only working on the top 3 floors at the moment I'd expect it to be a while, especially given that Vienna's Imperial Riding School was fully shut down and it still took that hotel something like 2 years. I'd be surprised if they finished before the end of the year, though presumably the nicer rooms will be available to elites and executive room guests sooner.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 10:31 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Hotel PR is saying renovation will be completed by the end of May, 2024. Anybody there recently who can comment on the likelihood?
Thanks
Old Mar 10, 2024, 11:15 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

The top three floors are nearing completion, but I'd bet against the whole hotel being finished by May.

And there definitely was construction noise during day M-F.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 4:21 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by dayone
The top three floors are nearing completion, but I'd bet against the whole hotel being finished by May.

And there definitely was construction noise during day M-F.
Thanks.
We have a late July reservation for a post-cruise stay. Hopefully, won't have to start looking elsewhere.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 9:58 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Will be there mid-May
Old Yesterday, 10:41 am

Is this a thread to discuss just the Copenhagen Marriott, or all Marriotts in Copenhagen? Because I can't find the latter.

I have certificates to use, 35k to 40k points before they expire, and I was wondering which hotel you would recommend: Moxy, AC, Residence Inn or Fairfield Inn. I have Titanium status but I'm not looking for major perks at these properties although a nice breakfast spread can be nice.

Stayed at a Moxy for the first time in Lisbon not long ago, and I thought it was a very decent property. I'm familiar with the Fairfields in North America but they usually feel sterile and the breakfast is usually extremely limited (and the eggs very dry, lol). The Residence Inn is brand new but seems further away.
Old Yesterday, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by drthunder
Is this a thread to discuss just the Copenhagen Marriott, or all Marriotts in Copenhagen? Because I can't find the latter.

I have certificates to use, 35k to 40k points before they expire, and I was wondering which hotel you would recommend: Moxy, AC, Residence Inn or Fairfield Inn. I have Titanium status but I'm not looking for major perks at these properties although a nice breakfast spread can be nice.

Stayed at a Moxy for the first time in Lisbon not long ago, and I thought it was a very decent property. I'm familiar with the Fairfields in North America but they usually feel sterile and the breakfast is usually extremely limited (and the eggs very dry, lol). The Residence Inn is brand new but seems further away.
The Fairfield and RI are in the same building, so equally far or close. There is a metro station 600m from the hotel. The location is not too bad actually. They are both quite new, so I have not tried them yet, not even tried the brands. But I plan to next I am back in Copenhagen.

The Moxy is very functional, but that is about it. Breakfast is not comped for Titanium, at least it was not when I stayed there as an Ambassador. Also pretty close to a station.

The AC has been my local go-to for a while, close to the metro (not the airport line), reasonable to get to from the airport, nice facilities, pretty generous with upgrades to a frequent guest. But breakfast is not comped for Titanium.

If you want a free breakfast at a Bonvoy property in Copenhagen, the Marriott is probably your choice, unless the two new kids (RI Fairfield) offer it.
kirkwoodj likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.