Old Jan 31, 2014, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nacho
Print Wikipost

Copenhagen Marriott [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2015, 11:25 pm

another side

We stayed one day before a cruise and three days after (leaving today). We were upgraded to the executive floor water view both times, even though it was VERY busy. All staff (front desk, concierge, bartender waiter) have been pleasant, helpful and accommodating. The location is excellent. We can see the Tivoli view from some hallway windows, and it does not seem that awful. It's fun to watch the lights and rides at night (and fireworks on Saturday nights). There is also some construction on the water view. That happens when a city is upkeeping itself. The lounge if fine, although crowded, especially when one person takes up a sofa seating area for six and stays the entire evening working on his computer! However, this can happen anywhere. We were quite pleased with our stay, and wanted to show another side of the hotel.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
The hotel location is very good, walkable to most sites, hop on hop off bus right outside, and I liked the hotel, too, and the surroundings. They had amazing Copenhagen magazines in the room. I stayed with low Marriot status so no upgrades, even though the hotel was relatively empty. Room rates were relatively high. The reception is very slow. They also tried to charge me for internet with some nonsense excuse, and had to insist to take it off. All in all a good hotel though.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 9:28 am

Any idea if Nacho's parking tip above refers to this garage here?
http://onepark.dk/lej-en-p-plads/102

If not, anyone have details on that garage? Thanks.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by flugvergnugen
Any idea if Nacho's parking tip above refers to this garage here?
http://onepark.dk/lej-en-p-plads/102

If not, anyone have details on that garage? Thanks.
No. The information is here.

Note: In order to use the park and ride service, you'll need a mobile phone that can receive SMS (the ticket is sent to you via SMS). I have tested Danish and Swedish phones and we got the tickets.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 9:57 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG
Enjoyed my July 2015 stay

I stayed at the Marriott Copenhagen on an award stay, waterfront view, in July 2015, and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I especially enjoyed my waterfront view as there was always something going on outside…….water taxis, HOHO boats, kayakers & locals swimming off the dive platforms - burr! The room was good size, typical of US hotels.

As a gold member, I enjoyed the lounge which was a bit crowded. I was not on the executive floor but had lounge access. One day when it was too crowded in the lounge at breakfast, the lounge receptionist offered me a certificate to go have breakfast downstairs at the restaurant, which I did.

The location may not have been the best but it was a short walk to see the main sites….and I thought the waterfront view made up for it. As was stated, the HOHO bus stop is in front of the hotel and there is a regular bus stop nearby.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 12:39 pm

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Any tips on what to do around this hotel? Going in November/early December this year.

Thanks
Old Oct 6, 2015, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624
Any tips on what to do around this hotel? Going in November/early December this year.

Thanks
The Christmas market in the Tivoli Gardens will be open, and the city will be decorated for Christmas from late November. It is always nice to take a stroll around. There a couple of museums close by, Ny Carlsberg Glyptoteket, National Museet (The National Museum), Thorvaldsens Museum. There are a lot of restaurants and bars in the area called Kødbyen (the old meat packing district)
Old Oct 6, 2015, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Tivoli opens for Christmas apparently:
http://www.tivolihotel.com/family-le...opening-hours/
Old Oct 7, 2015, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624

Thanks
If you don't mind walking, you can walk into the city centre, you'll get to the national museum in less than 10 minutes walk from the hotel. The main pedestrian street is further away though. A picture of the Nyhavn is a must IMO - it's beautiful - a lot better than Amsterdam. It's a good idea to take a bus unless you don't mind a 30-45 minutes walk.

I don't know about Tivoli, been there once and hated it (left after 30 minutes or so). A friend of mine said the same and she said it's rubbish. However I also have friends who enjoyed it, it's more like a YMMV thing.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 2:12 am
Suspended

personally I've always thought the closing fireworks were better then the interior of the park, but if it's your first time (mine was back in 1964/5 before heading to that "police action" in SE Asia) you won't really know unless you go in (and as of 2-yrs ago it was included in the Copenhagen Pass) and see it for yourself as each to their own.

Originally Posted by nacho
I don't know about Tivoli, been there once and hated it (left after 30 minutes or so). A friend of mine said the same and she said it's rubbish. However I also have friends who enjoyed it, it's more like a YMMV thing.

Last edited by leeky; Oct 7, 2015 at 2:17 am
Old Oct 19, 2015, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by nacho
No. The information is here.

Note: In order to use the park and ride service, you'll need a mobile phone that can receive SMS (the ticket is sent to you via SMS). I have tested Danish and Swedish phones and we got the tickets.
Thanks, worked like a charm, even though the website is completely in Danish. Didn't use the P&R, just parked - we just walked everywhere. Cost was about 1/3 of what it would have cost to park at the hotel.

FWIW, it's the empty lot directly across the street from the hotel. There were placards up with planned construction, so who knows how long this will be available...
Old Dec 31, 2015, 11:57 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I'm getting a bit worried. We've booked a week stay on an award for next October. The content of this thread is making me a bit nervous. I have a Cat6 award certificate from a travel package we plan to use for the stay. The plan is to upgrade the cert later in the year to Cat8. However, I don't want to ruin a very special trip with a mediocre hotel. We plan to be out and about most days, so the hotel doesn't need to be anything exceptional. But I don't want to have to deal with rudeness, well rudeness above and beyond local custom.

Anybody out there with experience who can appease my concerns, or offer a better suggestion? How inconvenient would it be to stay in Malmo at the Ren or the AC near the airport?
Old Dec 31, 2015, 12:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by WillTravel4Food
I'm getting a bit worried. We've booked a week stay on an award for next October. The content of this thread is making me a bit nervous. I have a Cat6 award certificate from a travel package we plan to use for the stay. The plan is to upgrade the cert later in the year to Cat8. However, I don't want to ruin a very special trip with a mediocre hotel. We plan to be out and about most days, so the hotel doesn't need to be anything exceptional. But I don't want to have to deal with rudeness, well rudeness above and beyond local custom.

Anybody out there with experience who can appease my concerns, or offer a better suggestion? How inconvenient would it be to stay in Malmo at the Ren or the AC near the airport?
FTers have had decent interactions w/ staff as well as otherwise. I can't see adding on additional travel time or inconvenience by switching properties (and certainly not to a AC) if it's a special trip.

Cheers.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 12:14 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by WillTravel4Food
Anybody out there with experience who can appease my concerns, or offer a better suggestion?
I stayed there last June and it was great. I have stayed there every time I've been in Copenhagen (4 Times) and have always had a good stay. No rudeness encounter during any of my stays. YMMV

Last edited by aaupgrade; Jan 1, 2016 at 7:25 am
Old Dec 31, 2015, 12:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by aaupgrade
I stayed there last June and it was great. I have stayed there every time I've been in Copenhagen (4 Times) and have always had a good stay. No rudeness encounter during any of my stays. YMMV
You quoted a quote that mentioned 3 properties. Which one was great? I think I know which one you mean, but it helps others when folk are specific.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.