Last edit by: nacho
Print Wikipost

Copenhagen Marriott [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2017, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by pqflyer
I really enjoyed my stay at the Copenhagen Marriott in September 2016, and would be very happy to stay there again. I paid 40K points per night. We parked with no charge and also used uber several times -- which worked well and was reasonable. A good choice. As for the lounge, yes, it's on the ground floor, so no view. But the food was excellent, I thought. Some of the best breads and pastries I've tasted and a very good selection for breakfast. We had three separate stays during the course of a vacation, and all of the rooms were lovely. Perhaps my experience and standards are less than some forum commentators, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel.
Bread and pastries are Danish speciality - if you go to any bakery you can get decent bread and pastries.

They didn't charge you for parking? A new benefit?
Old Feb 16, 2017, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I just did a one night stay as I needed to be close to the station for an early train. Of course you don't get a full impression on a one night stay, but it seems that the things have improved quite a bit since last I was here in terms of service delivery. I was a happy camper overall.

The new lounge on the ground floor is nice, and of a good size. There is seating sections beyond the buffet area so the lounge is much bigger than it appears just when you enter. The breakfast spread is very nice and improved from earlier. With the location of the lounge it is catered directly from the Midtown Grill kitchen. I did not have time to check if the evening spread is equally improved as I had an appointment.

I think they are done with the refurbishment of all rooms. I had a very nice room on the water side on the 11th floor. And they are done turning the old lounge in to rooms.

A much improved experience on this short stay. But I still think that category 8 as redemption makes this hotel an expensive point options. Unless the cash rates are outrageous as they sometimes are in Copenhagen. However if this remains the standard, I will start to use the hotel more.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 8:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the pics & input!

Cheers.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 5:52 am

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
I stayed here 1 night in March - and yes, the lounge is pretty good.

But just looking for a room here at the end of June/early July - all sold out for the period from Jun 23-July 4? Is there some big event or normal for this hotel to be sold out a month in advance in the summer?
Old Jun 2, 2017, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by rwm818
I stayed here 1 night in March - and yes, the lounge is pretty good.

But just looking for a room here at the end of June/early July - all sold out for the period from Jun 23-July 4? Is there some big event or normal for this hotel to be sold out a month in advance in the summer?
It might be a period with a lot of cruise ships changing passengers in Copenhagen. There are some peaks in that, it always puts strain on the airport and the hotel capacity. Especially for the Marriott.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
The CP CPH Tower is full of cruise people during summer months too.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
It might be a period with a lot of cruise ships changing passengers in Copenhagen. There are some peaks in that, it always puts strain on the airport and the hotel capacity. Especially for the Marriott.
I did some more research - June 26-28 is "Money 20/20 Europe" and I think the Marriott must be one of the designated hotels, because they list "Event Rate"...also Roskilde Music Festival is June 23-July 1

I ended up pushing my trip and was able to book July 6-12 at a "normal" rate...so all is good. Going to stay in Malmo (Ren) over the weekend before the 4th ^
Old Jun 23, 2017, 8:15 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Ren Malmo is a good choice.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 10:34 am

Seems like this is an excellent location with all updated rooms at this point. Gets good TA reviews. I'll be interested to see what the new Design Hotel Nobis comes in as (likely Category 5)
Old Jun 24, 2017, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joetro
Seems like this is an excellent location with all updated rooms at this point. Gets good TA reviews. I'll be interested to see what the new Design Hotel Nobis comes in as (likely Category 5)
Nobis will not be affiliated to Marriott, the Stockholm hotels are not, so I'd be surprised to see the Copenhagen one being.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 4:45 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Nobis will not be affiliated to Marriott, the Stockholm hotels are not, so I'd be surprised to see the Copenhagen one being.
The Stockholm Nobis hotels are affiliated with Marriott via SPG/Starwood's Design Hotels affiliation. They even treat me well as a Marriott/Starwood Platinum customer.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 4:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nobbyclark
Ren Malmo is a good choice.
I find it a better value quite often than the Copenhagen Marriott, but there are some differences that may shift the balance back a bit toward the Copenhagen Marriott.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
The Stockholm Nobis hotels are affiliated with Marriott via SPG/Starwood's Design Hotels affiliation. They even treat me well as a Marriott/Starwood Platinum customer.
Roundabout affiliation for now...

I need to get to know the other side better... I know next to nothing about SPG brands, and have actively been avoiding them after some fairly negative Westin experiences.
​​​​​​
Old Jun 24, 2017, 7:05 pm

Renassiance Malmo looks nice, but it's about an hour from central Copenhagen. Would be a good place to stay when in Malmo.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 6:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by joetro
Renassiance Malmo looks nice, but it's about an hour from central Copenhagen. Would be a good place to stay when in Malmo.
It takes me c. 45 minutes or less to go from the Renaissance Malmo to central Copenhagen. I need a bit less than an hour to go door to door from the Renaissance Malmo to the US Embassy in Copenhagen.

On fixed per diems, I find staying in Malmo a much better deal for my hotel points earnings than staying in Copenhagen -- even when most or all of my business is just in Denmark. If wanting to save ten more minutes each way and perhaps get a better value on just an overnight stay, I use the Quality View hotel in Hyllie. Scandinavian Marriotts/Starwood's seem to charge a premium relative to hotels that are of the same quality or perhaps even higher quality than the US "businessy" brands and the RadissonBlus in the area.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jun 25, 2017 at 6:55 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.